Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT tag free uderwear

On 4/6/2020 11:57 PM, micky wrote:
OT

3 years ago or so, Fruit of the Loom stopped putting size (and care?)
labels inside the waistband of their underpants. Now they print the
information inside the cloth, so that with most colors you can't read
it, especially if it's not new. This is certainly important if you
can't remember what size you've been wearing.

They did this, I'm sure, to save a nickel a pair or less.

But now they are advertising them and labeling them as "tag free" and
suggesting they are more comfortable because they don't have that cloth
tag inside the waistband. In my whole life I could hever feel the tag.
People don't have as many nerves in their back as they do in their
fingers. But now they may force other brands to get rid of hte helpful
labels just ot compete wifth FOTL.

Others have been doing it for years as well -- the bad part is that the
cloth under the painted/printed label now fails much earlier in the wash
than before...now have a bunch of t-shirts in particular with holes in
the back there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 7 Apr 2020 09:26:42 -0500, dpb
wrote:

[...]

Wow. If I ever wash mine, I may see the same thing.