Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dow nosedives 1,190 points into correction territory

Fear the coronavirus is turning into a pandemic sparked another major
stampede out of stocks, prompting the worst point-drop for the Dow in
history as stocks crumbled 4 percent.

https://uk.reuters.com/video/watch/d...han=dot8e4ga--

Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/20 3:11 AM, Bod wrote:
Fear the coronavirus is turning into a pandemic sparked another major stampede out of stocks, prompting the worst point-drop for the Dow in history as stocks crumbled 4 percent.

https://uk.reuters.com/video/watch/d...han=dot8e4ga--
Bod

The market goes up and down like a mattress in a honeymoon suite.Â* Is it "buy the dip" time yet?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 28 Feb 2020 06:02:57 -0500, devnull wrote:

On 2/28/20 3:11 AM, Bod wrote:
Fear the coronavirus is turning into a pandemic sparked another major stampede out of stocks, prompting the worst point-drop for the Dow in history as stocks crumbled 4 percent.

https://uk.reuters.com/video/watch/d...han=dot8e4ga--
Bod

The market goes up and down like a mattress in a honeymoon suite.Â* Is it "buy the dip" time yet?

You certainly should have your finger on the trigger. I am thinking
April or late March but it really depends on the depth of the
hysteria.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2020 6:02 AM, devnull wrote:
On 2/28/20 3:11 AM, Bod wrote:
Fear the coronavirus is turning into a pandemic sparked another major
stampede out of stocks, prompting the worst point-drop for the Dow in
history as stocks crumbled 4 percent.

https://uk.reuters.com/video/watch/d...han=dot8e4ga--

Bod

The market goes up and down like a mattress in a honeymoon suite.Â* Is it
"buy the dip" time yet?

I like to look at long term curves:

https://www.macrotrends.net/1358/dow...-last-10-years

People have short memories.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/20 3:11 AM, Bod wrote:
Fear the coronavirus is turning into a pandemic sparked another major stampede out of stocks, prompting the worst point-drop for the Dow in history as stocks crumbled 4 percent.

https://uk.reuters.com/video/watch/d...han=dot8e4ga--
Bod

The market goes up and down like a mattress in a honeymoon suite.Â* Is it "buy the dip" time yet?

I like to look at long term curves:

https://www.macrotrends.net/1358/dow...-last-10-years

People have short memories.

Yah, "buy and hold forever" works too...or maybe I should say "buy and hold until RMD" then give to government for them to waste.

--
Get off my lawn!

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , grumpy@old-white-
guy.network says...
like to look at long term curves:

https://www.macrotrends.net/1358/dow...-last-10-years

People have short memories.

Yah, "buy and hold forever" works too...or maybe I should say "buy and hold until RMD" then give to government for them to waste.

I like what I heard about the stock market a while back. Think of your
investment similar to your house. If someone comes by and tells you he
will give $ 100,000 one day and you are not wanting to sell, so you turn
him down. The next week he offers you $ 90,000. You still do not want
to sell as you are looking to stay there for many years, does that
actually men you have lost $ 10,000 ? The a month later you are offered
$ 110,000. You have gained nothing. You only loose or gain if you sell
or buy (maybe a little on dividens). I may or may not loose some
because of the RMD, but still have many months for the market to
recover. Near the end of last year I sold off enough to meet the RMD so
not going to loose much on that this time around.

As I told the person at Chase that looks after my IRA that I have enough
SS and pension that I don't really care what the stock market does in
the short time. All it means is that I may eat beans and potatoes for a
while instead of steak. This past year I spent a lot on the house like
having it painted because I had the money. That could have been put off
if the market was down.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/28/2020 10:12 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , grumpy@old-white-
guy.network says...
[...]

I'm in the same boat but made a big mistake over a year ago in not
divesting stock with former employer in my 401k. Fortunately 80% of my
401k is in a stable value fund. My RMD gets dumped into CD's - low
interest but no risk.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/28/2020 08:12 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
I like what I heard about the stock market a while back. Think of your
investment similar to your house. If someone comes by and tells you he
will give $ 100,000 one day and you are not wanting to sell, so you turn
him down. The next week he offers you $ 90,000. You still do not want
to sell as you are looking to stay there for many years, does that
actually men you have lost $ 10,000 ? The a month later you are offered
$ 110,000. You have gained nothing. You only loose or gain if you sell
or buy (maybe a little on dividens). I may or may not loose some
because of the RMD, but still have many months for the market to
recover. Near the end of last year I sold off enough to meet the RMD so
not going to loose much on that this time around.

Houses are tangible. When I read

“Global markets were down $1.83 trillion today, with the U.S. down $1.33
trillion,“ S&P Dow Jones’ Howard Silverblatt said in an email. He added
that over the past six days, global markets erased $6 trillion in wealth
with U.S. markets losing $4 trillion."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...is/ar-BB10urv7

I have to think that 6 trillion was composed of unicorn farts. I'm
pretty sure 6 trillion dollars worth of tangible goods didn't evaporate
last week.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Fri, 28 Feb 2020 19:50:33 -0700, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

I have to think that 6 trillion was composed of unicorn farts. I'm
pretty sure 6 trillion dollars worth of tangible goods didn't evaporate
last week.

Oh, man! All that senile drivel that has taken over Usenet over the last
years! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, February 28, 2020 at 3:11:06 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
Fear the coronavirus is turning into a pandemic sparked another major
stampede out of stocks, prompting the worst point-drop for the Dow in
history as stocks crumbled 4 percent.

https://uk.reuters.com/video/watch/d...han=dot8e4ga--

Bod

No, it was the Democrat debate Tuesday night that caused it. Dear Leader
said so.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 29/02/2020 15:57, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, February 28, 2020 at 3:11:06 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
Fear the coronavirus is turning into a pandemic sparked another major
stampede out of stocks, prompting the worst point-drop for the Dow in
history as stocks crumbled 4 percent.

https://uk.reuters.com/video/watch/d...han=dot8e4ga--

Bod

No, it was the Democrat debate Tuesday night that caused it. Dear Leader
said so.

Oh, my mistake, I wasn't listening to the TTNC (Trump Truth News

Channel).

--
Bod