Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Gary Brown

Default Asbestos In Flooring?

Hi,

When we had an estimate for new kitchen flooring the installer opined
that our vinyl flooring probably contained asbestos (ca 1981) therefore they
couldn't remove it. They would put down a 1/4" of plywood then the new
flooring over it.

Q1: Would vinyl from that era really have asbestos?

Q2: Is the plywood over the existing floor reasonable?

Q3: Would the asbestos create a resale problem? (Asbestos was common
when I grew up.)

Thanks,
Gary