Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cover Up!!!

I'm going to WHITEWASH my basement walls. 6' foot high poured concrete and 2' concrete
block. You've probably heard of WHITEWASH.
Anybody have experience with it? I'll COVER UP and whiten the walls with it.
Might mix my own.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 12:31:13 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

I'm going to WHITEWASH my basement walls. 6' foot high poured concrete and 2' concrete
block. You've probably heard of WHITEWASH.
Anybody have experience with it? I'll COVER UP and whiten the walls with it.
Might mix my own.

We used to use something called drylok when I had a basement. It stops
moisture intrusion although if you really have a water problem it
won't help much. It does hold the humidity down tho.

http://www.drylok.com/products/drylo...terproofer.php

I don't remember white wash being all that good a product. It was just
cheap. (basically just slaked lime and water, maybe with a binder). I
remember it rubbed off on everything. We painted a fence with it when
I was a kid and regretted it. If you just bumped into the fence, you
had a white spot on you. We were poor at the time and it was all we
could afford I guess.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm going to WHITEWASH my basement walls. 6' foot high poured concrete and 2' concrete
block. You've probably heard of WHITEWASH.
Anybody have experience with it? I'll COVER UP and whiten the walls with it.
Might mix my own.

If this is really a Waddler/Shifty/Schumer joke, excuse me for not
playing along.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm going to WHITEWASH my basement walls. 6' foot high poured concrete and 2' concrete
block. You've probably heard of WHITEWASH.
Anybody have experience with it? I'll COVER UP and whiten the walls with it.
Might mix my own.

We used to use something called drylok when I had a basement. It stops
moisture intrusion although if you really have a water problem it
won't help much. It does hold the humidity down tho.

http://www.drylok.com/products/drylo...terproofer.php

I don't remember white wash being all that good a product. It was just
cheap. (basically just slaked lime and water, maybe with a binder). I
remember it rubbed off on everything. We painted a fence with it when
I was a kid and regretted it. If you just bumped into the fence, you
had a white spot on you. We were poor at the time and it was all we
could afford I guess.

No water problems in the foundation. There are plenty of recipes for whitewash, and it's
dirt cheap, easy to apply and long lasting. I'm only concerned about those white spots
when rubbing against it. A little portland in the mix should fix that, but I'll do some
experimenting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm going to WHITEWASH my basement walls. 6' foot high poured concrete and 2' concrete
block. You've probably heard of WHITEWASH.
Anybody have experience with it? I'll COVER UP and whiten the walls with it.
Might mix my own.

Ask the Republicans.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm going to WHITEWASH my basement walls. 6' foot high poured concrete and 2' concrete
block. You've probably heard of WHITEWASH.
Anybody have experience with it? I'll COVER UP and whiten the walls with it.
Might mix my own.

We used to use something called drylok when I had a basement. It stops
moisture intrusion although if you really have a water problem it
won't help much. It does hold the humidity down tho.

http://www.drylok.com/products/drylo...terproofer.php

I don't remember white wash being all that good a product. It was just
cheap. (basically just slaked lime and water, maybe with a binder). I
remember it rubbed off on everything. We painted a fence with it when
I was a kid and regretted it. If you just bumped into the fence, you
had a white spot on you. We were poor at the time and it was all we
could afford I guess.

We used to whitewash the stables on the farm . The lime was a
germicide and helped control smell and desease. It sure doesn'r help
moisture-proof much and has NO durability. By the time you get a few
coats on it flakes off like shale. Basically just lime and water.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/21/2020 11:31 AM, Vic Smith wrote:
I'm going to WHITEWASH my basement walls. 6' foot high poured concrete and 2' concrete
block. You've probably heard of WHITEWASH.
Anybody have experience with it? I'll COVER UP and whiten the walls with it.
Might mix my own.

Check out 'Giants in the Earth'.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm going to WHITEWASH my basement walls. 6' foot high poured concrete and 2' concrete
block. You've probably heard of WHITEWASH.
Anybody have experience with it? I'll COVER UP and whiten the walls with it.
Might mix my own.

Ask the Republicans.

There it is.
I was born during the daytime but it wasn't yesterday.