DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Singer Heaters (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/642942-re-singer-heaters.html)

[email protected] December 23rd 19 03:00 AM

Singer Heaters

Hi,

I'm looking for few replacement parts for Singer furnace, model BCE 23010. Please, Let me know where I could find replacement parts.

Chris

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] December 23rd 19 04:10 AM

Singer Heaters

On 12/22/2019 10:00 PM, wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for few replacement parts for Singer furnace, model BCE 23010. Please, Let me know where I could find replacement parts.

Chris

Depends on what you need. Many parts are common and can be found at any
HVAC supplier. Things like relays, thermostats, switches. If it is a
proprietary part made by Singer you are probablyscrewed.

Given the age of the unit it may be smart to look at newer more
efficient replacements. I think Singer went out about 40 years ago,
maybe more.

[email protected] May 27th 20 02:30 PM

Singer Heaters

Hello folks. Ive been reading your very entertaining posts in the hopes that there might be mention of replacing an old singer electric wall heater switch. The unit is in good shape but the switch is burnt out. Ive tried to find something similar online without luck. But then I dont really know what Im looking for in terms of a replacement part. The old switch had two toggle buttons. The details on the back of the heating unit a 0.2A. 230V. 66/60HZ. 1566RPM. CCW. Any guidance in terms of finding a replacement part would be greatly appreciated. I dont want to junk this lovely old heater.

Ken[_6_] May 27th 20 05:11 PM

Singer Heaters

wrote:
Hello folks. Ive been reading your very entertaining posts in the hopes that there might be mention of replacing an old singer electric wall heater switch. The unit is in good shape but the switch is burnt out. Ive tried to find something similar online without luck. But then I dont really know what Im looking for in terms of a replacement part. The old switch had two toggle buttons. The details on the back of the heating unit a 0.2A. 230V. 66/60HZ. 1566RPM. CCW. Any guidance in terms of finding a replacement part would be greatly appreciated. I dont want to junk this lovely old heater.

Your specs sound like those of a motor, not the unit. I am sure if it
is an electric heater, and utilizing 230 volts, the amperage would
surely be greater than .2 Amps.

Fred McKenzie May 27th 20 05:59 PM

Singer Heaters

In article , Ken wrote:

wrote:
Hello folks. Ive been reading your very entertaining posts in the hopes
that there might be mention of replacing an old singer electric wall heater
switch. The unit is in good shape but the switch is burnt out. Ive tried
to find something similar online without luck. But then I dont really know
what Im looking for in terms of a replacement part. The old switch had two
toggle buttons. The details on the back of the heating unit a 0.2A.
230V. 66/60HZ. 1566RPM. CCW. Any guidance in terms of finding a
replacement part would be greatly appreciated. I dont want to junk this
lovely old heater.

Your specs sound like those of a motor, not the unit. I am sure if it
is an electric heater, and utilizing 230 volts, the amperage would
surely be greater than .2 Amps.

I would look for another label or tag with heater specifications.

"Two toggle buttons" suggests two switches. One might be on/off, the
other high/low. If you can not find a single dual switch, perhaps you
can find two separate switches that will fit.

Suppose the heater was 1500 Watts, which would require 6.5 Amps at 230
Volts. Switch(s) rated for 10 Amps would be sufficient for up to 2300
Watts, if you can find some that fit.

Fred