DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Climate change: Greenhouse gas concentrations again break records (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/642227-climate-change-greenhouse-gas-concentrations-again-break-records.html)

Bod[_3_] November 25th 19 06:13 PM

Climate change: Greenhouse gas concentrations again break records

Atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases
once again reached new highs in 2018.

The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) says the increase in CO2 was
just above the average rise recorded over the last decade.

Levels of other warming gases, such as methane and nitrous oxide, have
also surged by above average amounts.

Since 1990 there's been an increase of 43% in the warming effect on the
climate of long lived greenhouse gases.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-50504131

Someone tell Trump how serious climate change is!
--
Bod

Ralph Mowery November 25th 19 07:04 PM

Climate change: Greenhouse gas concentrations again break records

In article ,
says...

Since 1990 there's been an increase of 43% in the warming effect on the
climate of long lived greenhouse gases.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-50504131

Someone tell Trump how serious climate change is!

Are you saying too much hot air comming out of Washington ? Seems like
England is putting out lots too about the Brentexit or whatever it is
called.
It could be all the protesters over the world burning up the cities.

Bod[_3_] November 26th 19 02:02 AM

On 25/11/2019 21:50, wrote:
On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 19:44:39 +0000, Bod wrote:

On 25/11/2019 19:38, devnull wrote:
On 11/25/19 1:13 PM, Bod wrote:
Atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse
gases once again reached new highs in 2018.

The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) says the increase in CO2
was just above the average rise recorded over the last decade.

Levels of other warming gases, such as methane and nitrous oxide, have
also surged by above average amounts.

Since 1990 there's been an increase of 43% in the warming effect on
the climate of long lived greenhouse gases.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-50504131

Someone tell Trump how serious climate change is!

LOL! Climate change is more FUD from the leftards.

Scientific evidence for warming of the climate system is unequivocal.

- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
The current warming trend is of particular significance because most of
it is extremely likely (greater than 95 percent probability) to be the
result of human activity since the mid-20th century and proceeding at a
rate that is unprecedented over decades to millennia.1

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

The climate does appear to be warming and there is pretty good
evidence that man is affecting. The question is whether there is
actually anything we can do about it. As long as we are piling more
people onto the planet it an alarming rate, we are going to create
more greenhouse gas. It is a trend that goes back 8000 years when we
started clearing native vegetation to grow crops.

There is truth in what you say, but it doesn't mean that we can try

to do something about it.
Doing nothing is not very sensible.

--
Bod

Bod[_3_] November 26th 19 02:03 AM

Climate change: Greenhouse gas concentrations again break records

On 25/11/2019 23:42, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, November 25, 2019 at 4:56:27 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 12:24:21 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, November 25, 2019 at 2:04:58 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Since 1990 there's been an increase of 43% in the warming effect on the
climate of long lived greenhouse gases.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-50504131

Someone tell Trump how serious climate change is!

Are you saying too much hot air comming out of Washington ? Seems like
England is putting out lots too about the Brentexit or whatever it is
called.
It could be all the protesters over the world burning up the cities.

No, he's saying that CO2 is now higher than it has been in 800,000
years, that it's increased by a third in just the last 100 years, that
it's caused by man burning fossil fuels, that previous rises of that
magnitude took hundreds of thousands of years. No amount of Trump,
Republican lying and denying can change that.

The world population is over 3 times what it was in 1920 too. You
can't deny that either. Most of those people are not going stop
burning the forest and plains to grow more food.

Irrelevant, of course. There is no question that man burning fossil
fuels is the overwhelming emitter. We could have the same population
and be using solar and wind energy and there would not have been the
rise.

+1

--
Bod

[email protected] November 26th 19 04:01 AM

On 11/25/19 1:13 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Futile gestures are not very sensible either, particularly when our
biggest competitors are not doing it. If renewables make sense for
you, by all means go for it but I still can't get the numbers to work
for me. I think if this is really going to be anything but a hobby for
rich guys, the utilities will have to do it.

Roger Blake[_2_] November 26th 19 04:06 AM

On 2019-11-25, wrote:
The climate does appear to be warming and there is pretty good
evidence that man is affecting. The question is whether there is
actually anything we can do about it. As long as we are piling more
people onto the planet it an alarming rate, we are going to create
more greenhouse gas. It is a trend that goes back 8000 years when we
started clearing native vegetation to grow crops.

The "evidence" that we are causing any change is quite questionable,
the data rife with distortion and outright fraud and fed into faulty
computer models. The much ballyhood claim of the alarmists that "97%
of scientists agree" is a lie based on faulty polling data. To really
understand "global warming/climate change" one needs to follow the flow
of money and power, see who reaps the rewards.

The fact is that any human contribution to climate change is practically
lost in the noise compared to the forces of nature.

https://realclimatescience.com/2019/...ate-alarmists/

https://electroverse.net/another-cli...-breaks-ranks/

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com
Don't talk to cops! -- http://www.DontTalkToCops.com
Badges don't grant extra rights -- http://www.CopBlock.org

Bod[_3_] November 26th 19 05:03 AM

On 11/25/19 1:13 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

You have a point, but surely we can at least try to get them on board?

Giving up is defeatist.

--
Bod

[email protected] November 26th 19 05:11 AM

On 11/25/19 1:13 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

My utility is dabbling with Solar, using our money. They have millions
invested in around 225mw of solar in 3 sites, planning on building
more but we are still waiting to see the effect of this "free" power
on our bills.

Rod Speed November 26th 19 06:11 AM

On 11/25/19 1:13 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

It isnt viable even if the utilitys do it. The very fundamental
insoluble problem is that the 'renewables' are intermittent
so you still need base load power generation for when the
'renewables' arent generating enough power.

The only thing that makes any sense is nukes and
most are too ****ing stupid to go that route.

Peeler[_4_] November 26th 19 07:18 AM

Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 17:11:18 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

It isnt viable even if the utilitys

Get a brain check, senile idiot! And tell your psychiatrist that you just
CAN'T spell the plural of words correctly. You just CAN'T! Something forces
you to keep spelling it in your idiotic way, even though you know it's
wrong!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:

Bod[_3_] November 26th 19 10:47 AM

On 11/25/19 1:13 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

We need far more on board to make a difference.

--
Bod

[email protected] November 26th 19 12:19 PM

Climate change: Greenhouse gas concentrations again break records

On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 17:11:18 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

On 11/25/19 1:13 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Utilities do have the ability to do the load leveling easier if they
control both but they still need the fossil plant online to handle a
cloud going over. Electricity is a right now thing.

The only thing that makes any sense is nukes and
most are too ****ing stupid to go that route.

I agree nuke is steady and there is no reason it can't be safe.

trader_4 November 26th 19 02:20 PM

Climate change: Greenhouse gas concentrations again break records

On Monday, November 25, 2019 at 8:03:35 PM UTC-5, wrote:

wrote:

[...]

The flaw in that theory is CO2 has tracked population growth for 8000
years.

There is no flaw, the rise in CO2 is being fueled by man burning
fossil fuels. Sure, the more people that are burning oil and coal,
the more CO2. So, what's the point? If most of those people switched
to heating with solar, driving electric cars powered from solar, wind,
nuclear, they would emit far less Co2.

You're just like Trump and the trumpets. Just pick and choose, throw
anything up. "The word is.....", "That's what they say....." I'll
stick with the science that the overwhelming number of scientists
who actually have the credentials and expertise agree on.

The US had just 5 percent of the world's population, yet we emit 15 percent
of the greenhouse gases. It's not from burning forests, just open your
eyes and look around.

trader_4 November 26th 19 02:29 PM

On 11/25/19 1:13 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

That's Fretwell's argument on most things. No need to do anything about
the deficits and national debt either, it's all hopeless. CO2, well
the population is growing, so let's just throw up our hands and not
reduce the CO2 per capita that's being emitted. And you're right, we
should be working towards agreements that reduce CO2, instead Trump
and his trumptards just deny there is any problem, the science is all
wrong, so let's just withdraw from any action and instead lobby for
burning more coal.

And Fretwell doesn't learn from history either. Has our effort to reduce
energy usage, reduce CO2 emissions been all bad? If everyone threw up their
hands, said nothing can be done, would we have 30 MPG gas cars today?
Hybrids that get 50? Electric vehicles? 95% efficient furnaces?
An increasing share of electric coming from solar, to the point that
it's economically viable?

No, let's just give up. Give up on the deficit, give up on NATO,
let's burn coal and **** and moan about Vietnam and any other US
failures.

trader_4 November 26th 19 02:34 PM

On 2019-11-25, wrote:
The climate does appear to be warming and there is pretty good
evidence that man is affecting. The question is whether there is
actually anything we can do about it. As long as we are piling more
people onto the planet it an alarming rate, we are going to create
more greenhouse gas. It is a trend that goes back 8000 years when we
started clearing native vegetation to grow crops.

The "evidence" that we are causing any change is quite questionable,

Do you dispute that CO2 is now higher than it's been in 700,000 years?
That it's increased by a third in just the last 100 years? That previous
increases of that magnitude took tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands
of years? That it's being driven overwhelmingly by the burning of fossil
fuels? That change is indisputable.

the data rife with distortion and outright fraud and fed into faulty
computer models. The much ballyhood claim of the alarmists that "97%
of scientists agree" is a lie based on faulty polling data. To really
understand "global warming/climate change" one needs to follow the flow
of money and power, see who reaps the rewards.

The fact is that any human contribution to climate change is practically
lost in the noise compared to the forces of nature.

The above CO2 data says that's a lie, man has directly and significantly
impacted CO2 levels.

Scott Lurndal November 26th 19 03:14 PM

On 2019-11-25, wrote:
The climate does appear to be warming and there is pretty good
evidence that man is affecting. The question is whether there is
actually anything we can do about it. As long as we are piling more
people onto the planet it an alarming rate, we are going to create
more greenhouse gas. It is a trend that goes back 8000 years when we
started clearing native vegetation to grow crops.

The "evidence" that we are causing any change is quite questionable,

That's frankly horse****. What are your professional qualifications
to make such an assessment?

Scott Lurndal November 26th 19 03:22 PM

wrote:

[...]

Which man has only been burning in any significant amount for
about 150 years. Not 8000 years (burning wood is carbon neutral
for all intents and purposes as it is not releasing carbon that
has been sequestered for hundreds of millions of years).

And that leaves out all the other undesirable side effects
of burning fossil fuels from air pollution to the environmental
damage done by drilling and transporting fossil fuels.

Solar, Nuclear, Hydro, Wind and energy efficiency can all be
used to reduce and eventually eliminate fossil fuels over time
given investment.

trader_4 November 26th 19 03:27 PM

On 11/25/19 1:13 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Fake science concocted by a bunch of lefty libtards.

--
Get off my lawn!

Thanks for representing for the trumptards. Vilify scientists who do their
job, without even knowing what party they belong to. It's just like Trump.
Anyone who dares speak the truth, like the career govt employees who get
caught up in Trump's scandals, is immediately a lefty libtard. They even
tried to vilify Lt Col Vindman, using those tactics. NEver mind that he
was just testifying to what he heard and it was 100% consistent with
what was on the pseudo transcript, that even Trump
released and that some of what he said was favorable to Trump. No, they
are all just no good lefties. The only good people are the ones that will
lie for Dear Leader.

trader_4 November 26th 19 04:26 PM

wrote:

[...]

Also factor in that for 95%+ of that period, whatever burning was going
on was to heat a small cave, a hovel, or a couple of ten by ten rooms.
People were not living in homes that were thousands of square feet,
with AC, were not driving around in cars, and were not consuming all
the vast products, eg disposable ones, that require energy to produce.
Someone must have the data somewhere, as to per capita CO2 over time,
but it's ridiculous to suggest that because it's per capita and the
number of people continues to increase, we should just throw up our
hands, give up and none of it matters.

But sadly this has just become political, with many people making up
their minds not on science, but on party lines and what they want to
believe. And that's not hard to do on the internet today, there is
always someone saying what you want to hear. It's worked wonders for
Trump. He chose to believe Putin's lies, that Ukraine is responsible
for meddling, not Russia. Look what it's done for him. The sad thing
is he's taken most of the pathetic Republicans down the tubes with him.

Roger Blake[_2_] November 26th 19 06:11 PM

On 2019-11-26, Scott Lurndal wrote:
That's frankly horse****. What are your professional qualifications
to make such an assessment?

What are yours? Professionals such as Reid Bryson (who called the notion
of man-made global warming "absurd" and "full of hooey") and other
legitimate scientists have certainly made such assessments. I'll take
Reid's assessment of the matter over yours any day of the week.

On the other hand, the mountain of lies, distortions, fabrications,
and outright fraud that environmentalists and climate alarmists have
been caught in, as well as their failed predictions of doom over the
last 50 years, speaks for itself.

As I've stated before I personally will not lift a finger to reduce my
carbon footprint. I will not change over to LED light bulbs, will not
install solar panels, will not purchase lousy energy efficient appliances,
will not buy a hybrid or electric car. The so-called "climate crisis"
is bogus as a 3-dollar bill and I will not change my lifestyle one iota
to accomodate it. I don't care what government wants. I don't care
what YOU want.

trader_4 November 26th 19 07:07 PM

On 2019-11-26, Scott Lurndal wrote:
That's frankly horse****. What are your professional qualifications
to make such an assessment?

What are yours?

Ours would be overwhelming majority of climate scientists the world over.

Professionals such as Reid Bryson (who called the notion
of man-made global warming "absurd" and "full of hooey") and other
legitimate scientists have certainly made such assessments. I'll take
Reid's assessment of the matter over yours any day of the week.

Typical. Bryson is a dead man. He died eleven years ago at the age of 88.
He was not active in climate research at the end of his life. And here is
what he had to say in 1973:

In 1973, Bryson testified to Congress that global warming from fossil-fuel combustion was politically unstoppable.

There is no way right now that we can control the climate to make it more benign. Even if we were to say "let us stop using fossil fuels so that we do not add carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, because that impacts the world climate," how on earth could you stop using fossil fuels? Even those countries that are most heavily impacted by the climatic change are the ones who say it is our turn to be affluent and it is in the use of fossil fuels that one gains affluence.[7]

In later years, when it was clear that the climate was indeed warming, Bryson argued that while climate change and a global increase in temperature are real, he did not believe that they are caused by human activity. "

So, at some point he flipped and he's been dead for eleven years.
And today, unlike 1973, we have the technology to reduce CO2 emissions.
We also don't know what his opinion would be today. That you have to try
to use dead men speaks volumes. But that's where the deniers science comes
from. Dead men, men who are scientists, but not in the field of climate
science. There will always be some outliers and it's not limited to
climate change. I can cite for you a Noble Laureate that claims HIV
is not the cause of AIDS. So, you have him and a handful like him, versus
all the scientific evidence, scientists, doctors who say HIV is the cause.
So, we should doubt that HIV causes aids and not set public policy on
the basis of the overwhelming science?

On the other hand, the mountain of lies, distortions, fabrications,
and outright fraud that environmentalists and climate alarmists have
been caught in, as well as their failed predictions of doom over the
last 50 years, speaks for itself.

Nonsense. Certainly the vast majority of climate scientists have not
been predicting doom that didn't happen. They have been issuing ever
increasing warnings that unless we reduce CO2 emissions, we do risk
global climate change with some very bad consequences and that there
are likely other potential serious risks from aspects of it that we
do not understand. Which is to say, at some point global warming could
stop or reverse some of the global ocean currents, and those in turn
could have feedback that accelerates climate change. How lucky do
you feel, listening to a dead man?

As I've stated before I personally will not lift a finger to reduce my
carbon footprint.

No surprise there. I suppose you're all in with Trump to increase burning
of coal too.

I will not change over to LED light bulbs, will not
install solar panels, will not purchase lousy energy efficient appliances,
will not buy a hybrid or electric car. The so-called "climate crisis"
is bogus as a 3-dollar bill and I will not change my lifestyle one iota
to accomodate it. I don't care what government wants. I don't care
what YOU want.

You probably said the same thing about cigarettes, seat belts, CAFE MPG
standards, air bags, etc, etc, etc. I have LEDs, 94% furnace, 14 SEER
AC, love them all. They have reduced my CO2 emissions and saved me
money, both good things. I'd buy an electric car, if it fit my usage profile
and needs, eg I needed a commuter car. You can be a Luddite, but it's
not a good idea to set policy affecting the planet based on dead men.
And even the one dead man said previously that CO2 was causing global
warming.

Bob F November 27th 19 01:09 AM

On 11/25/19 1:13 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

The question is, are we going to vote the entire Repub party out of
office and then actually figure out what we can do about it. The only
obstacle is the science denier Repubs and their fossil fuel company owners.

[email protected] November 27th 19 01:09 AM

Climate change: Greenhouse gas concentrations again break records

wrote:

[...]

The question is would it really make any difference? CO2 started
rising as the population started rising, long before we knew what to
do with oil

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Population%20vs%20CO2.jpg

Bob F November 27th 19 01:10 AM

Climate change: Greenhouse gas concentrations again break records

On 11/25/2019 5:11 PM, wrote:

On 11/25/19 1:13 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

WE can either add people and continue to burn fossil fuels or we can add
people and convert much of the existing population to solar, wind, nuclear,
etc. One way CO2 keeps going up, the other way it slows down and declines.

As long as we keep clearing land to grow crops, the CO2 will continue
to rise. There is nothing to stop it. It is also ludicrous to think
the 3d world will ever be using all of this "green". technology and
that is where the population growth is. They want it and they want it
now. That means largely unregulated power plants, vehicles and
heating.
It is funny how we totally ignore what the 3d world does when we are
patting ourselves on the back.
We like to sit around in a circle jerk and say banning CFCs is what
restored the ozone and ignore the 3d world (mostly China and India)
never banned CFCs and produced more in the last 30 years than the 1st
world ever made. Last I heard you could still get R-12 in Mexico and
that was the worst if you believed the critics (the first one we
banned) China said **** that we are building a BILLION refrigerators
using R-12. They may be using R-134 by now, mostly because that is
were we buy most of ours from but those R-12 machines are still out
there.
They are also still building coal fired plants in spite of the fact
that they also install a lot of solar. It gets dark in China too..

And you and the repubs just deny there is anything to do, so why bother.

[email protected] November 27th 19 01:18 AM

Climate change: Greenhouse gas concentrations again break records

On 11/25/19 1:13 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Yeah lets throw a virgin into the volcano so we can say we are doing
something.
30 MPG cars are here because oil isn't $2 a barrel anymore, Let the
market work. When solar energy actually gets economically viable, we
will use it here in the rich west. Meanwhile the other 90% of the
population will do what they can afford. That will be to burn the
cheapest stuff around and destroy the vegetation that eats CO2 to feed
their exploding populations.
Burning the rain forest to make farmland certainly emits CO2 but more
importantly it removes a significant CO2 sink and you can't ignore
that. Farms are horrible CO2 sinks., Just about the time the plants
become effective at removing CO2 we harvest what we want and plow the
rest under to rot, releasing all the CO2 they absorbed back into the
atmosphere.

[email protected] November 27th 19 01:19 AM

Climate change: Greenhouse gas concentrations again break records

On 2019-11-25, wrote:
[...]

Yeah, simply by being here

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Population%20vs%20CO2.jpg

[email protected] November 27th 19 01:25 AM

Climate change: Greenhouse gas concentrations again break records

wrote:

[...]

Burning is not the problem, the loss of native vegetation and forest
land is. A farm that is bare dirt or emerging plants for most of the
year is not removing much CO2. When you plow everything under you
didn't eat it is the same as burning it and everything you eat is also
burned. 6.6 billion people belching out CO2 and farting methane is
also not an insignificant amount. That is before we start looking at
their animals.

[email protected] November 27th 19 05:49 AM

On 11/25/19 1:13 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

.... Plus about 5.5 billion people who want to have things and don't
give a **** what Greta thinks.

[email protected] November 27th 19 05:51 AM

On 11/25/19 1:13 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

The reality of an emerging 3d world that wants stuff seems to be lost
on you blue state citiots who think everyone should live like you.

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] November 27th 19 11:37 AM

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019 at 8:18:51 PM UTC-5, wrote:

30 MPG cars are here because oil isn't $2 a barrel anymore, Let the
market work.

I'm on board with that. Let the market actually work, and stop subsidizing
fossil fuels.

Cindy Hamilton

Scott Lurndal November 27th 19 02:55 PM

wrote:

The US had just 5 percent of the world's population, yet we emit 15 percent
of the greenhouse gases. It's not from burning forests, just open your
eyes and look around.

The question is would it really make any difference? CO2 started
rising as the population started rising, long before we knew what to
do with oil

Total claptrap. Your chart doesn't mean what you think it means.

The uptick in population at the far end of the chart happens
to correlate quite well with the uptick in fossil fuel usage
(i.e. the Industrial Revolution) over the same period of time.

You also should actually point to the original - you've removed any
attributions from your copied jpg which makes it completley useless
for drawing any conclusions.

Scott Lurndal November 27th 19 03:00 PM

wrote:

[...]

And again, your scientific illiteracy rears its ugly head. Without
adding fossil carbon to the atmosphere, there would be no excess regardless
of how many people are respirating and passing gas; on any scale that
matters, the carbon usage would be neutral (the carbon being exhaled was
plant matter or meat a few days earlier, and will become plant matter or
meat a few days or months later).

Taking carbon that _hasn't_ been in the atomosphere for hundreds of millions
of years and adding it back _does_ alter the balance, and not in a good way.

rbowman November 27th 19 03:07 PM

On 11/25/19 1:13 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Little Grettie is slightly more photogenic than Linkola although he is
better at getting down to the basics:

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Pentti_linkola

trader_4 November 27th 19 03:21 PM

wrote:

[...]

That's your version. The accepted science from the overwhelming number
of scientists who have done the research and understand the numbers is
that the majority of the rise in CO2 over the last 100 years, with it
rising by about a third, is the direct result of man burning fossil fuels.
I'll stick with their opinion, thank you. What's next? Argue for
burning more coal because Trump says it's a great idea?

trader_4 November 27th 19 03:24 PM

wrote:

[...]

It's not just that the carbon hasn't been in the air for hundreds of
millions of years, it's that it took hundreds of millions of years for
that carbon to accumulate as coal, oil, nat gas and now we're burning
in in just hundreds of years. If we were adding it back at the rate it
accumulated, the effect would be minimal too.

Bod[_3_] November 27th 19 03:25 PM

wrote:

[...]

Don't forget the colossal loss of trees in the Amazon etc.

Known as the lungs of the Earth.
--
Bod

trader_4 November 27th 19 03:34 PM

wrote:

The US had just 5 percent of the world's population, yet we emit 15 percent
of the greenhouse gases. It's not from burning forests, just open your
eyes and look around.

The question is would it really make any difference? CO2 started
rising as the population started rising, long before we knew what to
do with oil

Total claptrap. Your chart doesn't mean what you think it means.

The uptick in population at the far end of the chart happens
to correlate quite well with the uptick in fossil fuel usage
(i.e. the Industrial Revolution) over the same period of time.

And from 0 to ~1900 or so, the chart of population shows a significant
rise, while the chart of CO2 is flat or down. IDK what his illogical point
even is. That CO2 tracks human population, is true. But the next logical
step is what are humans doing that is causing it. The scientific consensus,
by those that have actually done the research and run the numbers, say
it's overwhelmingly from burning fossil fuels, not from burning forests.

trader_4 November 27th 19 03:40 PM

On 11/25/19 1:13 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Those that would do such a thing are on your team. You are the one
eschewing sound science and turning to internet myths.

30 MPG cars are here because oil isn't $2 a barrel anymore, Let the
market work.

And you deny that CAFE mandated standards had any effect?

When solar energy actually gets economically viable, we
will use it here in the rich west.

IDK where you live, but we are using it here and now. I see solar
roofs on homes all over the state. I see some solar energy farms too.
Funny, I thought the US was a world LEADER, not a last adopter.

Meanwhile the other 90% of the
population will do what they can afford. That will be to burn the
cheapest stuff around and destroy the vegetation that eats CO2 to feed
their exploding populations.

The policy of the US pre-Trump was to work with the rest of the world
to work and manage all that together, to the extent possible. When the
US takes Trump's approach, your approach, "who cares?", and walks away
that isn't possible. Are you sure you didn't vote for Trump?

[email protected] November 27th 19 04:30 PM

Climate change: Greenhouse gas concentrations again break records

But sadly this has just become political,.....

Yes, it has become political because the proposed solution is more government and more taxes.

THAT is why it is political.

Nobody is opposed to scientific research and development of alternative sources of energy.

Nobody is opposed to planting more trees and conservation of resources.

But as they learned in France, plenty of people are opposed to more taxes.

Mark