Old November 10th 19, 05:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Firestorm FS1800D Drill. Chuck Retaining Clip

I have a Black and Decker Firestorm FS1800D Chuckless Drill. I must have lost
the retaining clip because the chuck began to slip. I looked at an exploded
schematic online and realized that I was missing the retaining clip. I
purchased a retaining clip, but I cannot figure out where it is supposed to go
on the shaft. There is a groove in the shaft, but the clip does not snap in.
Am I supposed to bend the clip into the groove? I have never seen on
installed so any help or photo of the installed clip would be of great help to
me. Thanks, Mark

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...p-1202850-.htm