Posted to alt.home.repair

Default uneven cooking in microwaves

"Commander Kinsey" wrote:
When will we invent a microwave oven that cooks evenly? There must be
some way to install reflectors around the cooking area to randomise the waves.

One microwave I had Heathkit, had a stirrer in waveguide to randomize
waves. Most now rotate food. Any item is subject to wave absorption by the
microwave wavelength. It work in multiples, and a half or full wavelength
absorbs the most, hottest being near center where current maximizes. Know
the distances of 2.4 GHz frequency. The whole cavity also has hot cold
zones when all the waves bounce and act on each other.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 08:59:39 +0100, gregz wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote:
When will we invent a microwave oven that cooks evenly? There must be
some way to install reflectors around the cooking area to randomise the waves.

One microwave I had Heathkit, had a stirrer in waveguide to randomize
waves. Most now rotate food.

I thought it was the other way round. The good ones now use stirrers. The first ones I ever saw all had turntables.

Any item is subject to wave absorption by the
microwave wavelength. It work in multiples, and a half or full wavelength
absorbs the most, hottest being near center where current maximizes. Know
the distances of 2.4 GHz frequency. The whole cavity also has hot cold
zones when all the waves bounce and act on each other.

Can the cavity not be made a distance that isn't a multiple of the wavelength, so there's no standing waves created?