Ray Jenkins

Default Correction

Forgive me, but I made a mistake in an earlier posting. The corrected
version follows:

I recently moved into a new apartment which had a very peculiar bathroom
wall finish -- a sort of rose-pink in color, but seemingly given a thin coat
of whitewash. Also, the surface is pitted.

I have a feeling someone spent a lot of money making this mess, and I'll
have to spend a lot to clean it up. I doubt of a coat of spackling would do
the job.

To see what I'm talking about, see this page:

http://www.guilfordnews.com/wall.htm

Any ideas welcome.

Tracey

"Ray Jenkins" wrote in message
Forgive me, but I made a mistake in an earlier posting. The corrected
version follows:

I recently moved into a new apartment which had a very peculiar bathroom
wall finish -- a sort of rose-pink in color, but seemingly given a thin

coat
of whitewash. Also, the surface is pitted.

I have a feeling someone spent a lot of money making this mess, and I'll
have to spend a lot to clean it up. I doubt of a coat of spackling would

do
the job.

To see what I'm talking about, see this page:

http://www.guilfordnews.com/wall.htm

Any ideas welcome.

It looks to me like they simply sponge painted some pink over the white
painted walls (which look semi-textured to begin with).

You probably just need to give it a good coat or two of regular paint over
it and see how it goes.

m Ransley

Have it skimcoated, you call it spackle, but joint compound will work.
Wash it , sand it, then coat it and sand. You may want to get a pro.

dadiOH

Ray Jenkins wrote:
Forgive me, but I made a mistake in an earlier posting. The
corrected version follows:

I recently moved into a new apartment which had a very peculiar
bathroom wall finish -- a sort of rose-pink in color, but seemingly
given a thin coat of whitewash. Also, the surface is pitted.

Pitted as in spray on/knockdown dry wall texture? That's what it looks
like, sorta, hard to tell because there is nothing for scale and the photo
is fuzzy.

--
dadiOH
_____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
____________________________

jeffc

"Tracey" wrote in message
.. .

To see what I'm talking about, see this page:

http://www.guilfordnews.com/wall.htm

Any ideas welcome.

It looks to me like they simply sponge painted some pink over the white
painted walls (which look semi-textured to begin with).

For gods sake, the man just said it was pitted, so it's a texture finish.
What's so bad about it? Why don't you just paint it as is?