Ray Jenkins

Default Refinishing wall? ? ?

I recently moved into a new apartment which had a very peculiar bathroom
wall finish -- a sort of rose-pink in color, but seemingly given a thin coat
of whitewash. Also, the surface is pitted.

I have a feeling someone spent a lot of money making this mess, and I'll
have to spend a lot to clean it up. I doubt of a coat of spackling would do
the job.

To see what I'm talking about, see this page:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6u2e5/wall.htm

Any ideas welcome.

m Ransley

no photo came up

Ray Jenkins

Sorry, I botched the web page -- try this link.

http://www.guilfordnews.com/wall.htm

"m Ransley" wrote in message
no photo came up

DanG

It is a finish that is done by painting the wall white, then using
a glazing liquid, wiping it off the highs.

You can paint over it with a single color if you wish unless you
really dislike the texture. You could paint the room white and
reglaze with a glaze color of your choosing.

It would be possible to skim coat the walls with drywall compound
and sanding to get back to smooth walls. Raw compound will
probably require at least 2 coats of paint.

Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

news

video on plastering TXXT123 UK diy 9 September 2nd 04 11:21 PM
Deck Set on Retaining Wall jacktripper Home Repair 6 July 22nd 04 06:22 PM
"Damp" internal wall - initial measurements made. Any ideas? Clive Long,UK UK diy 5 January 30th 04 09:28 AM
Bad odor coming from expansion joint around interior wall of home John Hughes Home Repair 2 December 9th 03 06:05 PM
Dry Rock Retaining Wall RedHeadAllDay Home Repair 4 August 18th 03 02:12 PM