DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   An idea I had concerning Student Loans (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/639233-re-idea-i-had-concerning-student-loans.html)

Ralph Mowery August 27th 19 05:10 PM

An idea I had concerning Student Loans

In article ,
says...

Probably because the cost of college has escalated significantly
faster than inflation, significantly faster than the wages of
most available jobs?

It seems that the cost of most everything has gone up faster than the
wages.

However even at that it seems that many people have more money (or
atleast spend ) for things. When I grew up many houses had only one TV
and maybe a car that was bought used and possiably an even older one.

This was with my dad and mom both working at reasonable jobs. Mom was a
book keeper and dad worked for a store repairing appliances and later
at a place building mobile homes.

Now lots have almost new cars, many TV sets with cable, cell phones, and
so on.
Give up much of that and the loans could be paid back.

Too many going to college and not enought jobs for them. That tends to
keep the wages down.

[email protected] August 27th 19 06:20 PM

An idea I had concerning Student Loans

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 12:10:24 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

[...]

TV sets are a bad example. A little 20" set would cost over $200 in
1970 and that translates to over $1300 now. You could fill the house
with 40" flat screens for that kind of money.

jeikppkywk August 27th 19 08:26 PM

An idea I had concerning Student Loans

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
k.net...
In article ,
says...

Probably because the cost of college has escalated significantly
faster than inflation, significantly faster than the wages of
most available jobs?

It seems that the cost of most everything
has gone up faster than the wages.

Plenty has in fact dropped, most obviously stuff from china.

However even at that it seems that many people have more money (or
atleast spend ) for things. When I grew up many houses had only one TV
and maybe a car that was bought used and possiably an even older one.

This was with my dad and mom both working at reasonable jobs. Mom was a
book keeper and dad worked for a store repairing appliances and later
at a place building mobile homes.

Now lots have almost new cars, many TV sets with cable, cell phones, and
so on. Give up much of that and the loans could be paid back.

Too many going to college and not enought jobs for them.

That very arguable given the very low unemployment rate.

That tends to keep the wages down.

Its much more due to the huge numbers of illegals.

Peeler[_4_] August 27th 19 09:15 PM

More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rodent Speed!

On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 05:26:14 +1000, jeikppkywk, better known as cantankerous

Probably because the cost of college has escalated significantly
faster than inflation, significantly faster than the wages of
most available jobs?

It seems that the cost of most everything
has gone up faster than the wages.

Plenty has in fact dropped, most obviously stuff from china.

In auto-contradicting mode again, you clinically insane auto-contradicting
senile asshole from Oz?

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:

Ralph Mowery August 28th 19 04:32 AM

An idea I had concerning Student Loans

In article ,
says...

Too many going to college and not enought jobs for them.

That very arguable given the very low unemployment rate.

That tends to keep the wages down.

Its much more due to the huge numbers of illegals.

Just how many illegals have jobs that require a college education.

jeikppkywk August 28th 19 04:53 AM

An idea I had concerning Student Loans

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
k.net...
In article ,
says...

Too many going to college and not enought jobs for them.

That very arguable given the very low unemployment rate.

That tends to keep the wages down.

Its much more due to the huge numbers of illegals.

Just how many illegals have jobs that require a college education.

The wages of college graduates hasn't been kept down.

Peeler[_4_] August 28th 19 09:35 AM

More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rodent Speed!

On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 13:53:30 +1000, jeikppkywk, better known as cantankerous

Its much more due to the huge numbers of illegals.

Just how many illegals have jobs that require a college education.

The wages of college graduates hasn't been kept down.

This senile asshole from Australia is simply unbelievable! LOL He can go on
auto-contradicting like that to all eternity. In fact, this idiot does
nothing ELSE all day long! LOL

Bob F August 29th 19 04:06 PM

An idea I had concerning Student Loans

On 8/27/2019 8:32 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Too many going to college and not enought jobs for them.

That very arguable given the very low unemployment rate.

That tends to keep the wages down.

Its much more due to the huge numbers of illegals.

Just how many illegals have jobs that require a college education.

Likely, the ones that improve our economy the most.

[email protected] August 29th 19 05:27 PM

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 08:06:52 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 8/27/2019 8:32 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Too many going to college and not enought jobs for them.

That very arguable given the very low unemployment rate.

That tends to keep the wages down.

Its much more due to the huge numbers of illegals.

Just how many illegals have jobs that require a college education.

Likely, the ones that improve our economy the most.

That is a nice dream but most illegals work in construction,
landscaping, industrial food operations or "hospitality" (maids and
kitchen help).

trader_4 August 29th 19 06:05 PM

On Thursday, August 29, 2019 at 11:06:19 AM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
On 8/27/2019 8:32 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Too many going to college and not enought jobs for them.

That very arguable given the very low unemployment rate.

That tends to keep the wages down.

Its much more due to the huge numbers of illegals.

Just how many illegals have jobs that require a college education.

Likely, the ones that improve our economy the most.

That is really stupid, even for you.