Posted to alt.home.repair

Default An idea I had concerning Student Loans

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 12:10:24 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Probably because the cost of college has escalated significantly
faster than inflation, significantly faster than the wages of
most available jobs?

It seems that the cost of most everything has gone up faster than the
wages.

However even at that it seems that many people have more money (or
atleast spend ) for things. When I grew up many houses had only one TV
and maybe a car that was bought used and possiably an even older one.

This was with my dad and mom both working at reasonable jobs. Mom was a
book keeper and dad worked for a store repairing appliances and later
at a place building mobile homes.

Now lots have almost new cars, many TV sets with cable, cell phones, and
so on.
Give up much of that and the loans could be paid back.

Too many going to college and not enought jobs for them. That tends to
keep the wages down.

TV sets are a bad example. A little 20" set would cost over $200 in
1970 and that translates to over $1300 now. You could fill the house
with 40" flat screens for that kind of money.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 05:26:14 +1000, jeikppkywk, better known as cantankerous

Probably because the cost of college has escalated significantly
faster than inflation, significantly faster than the wages of
most available jobs?

It seems that the cost of most everything
has gone up faster than the wages.

Plenty has in fact dropped, most obviously stuff from china.

In auto-contradicting mode again, you clinically insane auto-contradicting
senile asshole from Oz?

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 13:53:30 +1000, jeikppkywk, better known as cantankerous

Its much more due to the huge numbers of illegals.

Just how many illegals have jobs that require a college education.

The wages of college graduates hasn't been kept down.

This senile asshole from Australia is simply unbelievable! LOL He can go on
auto-contradicting like that to all eternity. In fact, this idiot does
nothing ELSE all day long! LOL