DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Intermatic T101 -24 hr timer (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/637528-intermatic-t101-24-hr-timer.html)

peggy[_2_] July 10th 19 02:44 PM

Intermatic T101 -24 hr timer

I have a Intermatic T101 -24 hr timer; I keep setting the correct time of day,
but clock dial continues to turn counter clockwise? Do I need to replace the
unit?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-1195465-.htm

[email protected] July 10th 19 06:32 PM

Intermatic T101 -24 hr timer

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 13:44:03 +0000, peggy
m wrote:

I have a Intermatic T101 -24 hr timer; I keep setting the correct time of day,
but clock dial continues to turn counter clockwise? Do I need to replace the
unit?

I haven't bought one for a while but they used to just sell the clock
motors pretty cheap.

Dean Hoffman[_12_] July 11th 19 12:49 AM

Intermatic T101 -24 hr timer

m wrote:

I have a Intermatic T101 -24 hr timer; I keep setting the correct time of day,
but clock dial continues to turn counter clockwise? Do I need to replace the
unit?

I haven't bought one for a while but they used to just sell the clock
motors pretty cheap.

About $80 for a new one on Ebay. The internal mechanism is about
half that.

[email protected] July 11th 19 02:42 AM

Intermatic T101 -24 hr timer

m wrote:

I have a Intermatic T101 -24 hr timer; I keep setting the correct time of day,
but clock dial continues to turn counter clockwise? Do I need to replace the
unit?

I haven't bought one for a while but they used to just sell the clock
motors pretty cheap.

About $80 for a new one on Ebay. The internal mechanism is about
half that.

I am just talking about the little plastic encapsulated gear head
motor. If you could find the specs I bet a place like Surplus Center
would have one for a couple bucks. It probably has numbers on it. I
have one from Intermatic in the garage that I think is NIB. I know my
father in law gave me a box of timer stuff. Delco used a bunch of them
and he ran the crib ;-)

Clare Snyder July 11th 19 03:02 AM

Intermatic T101 -24 hr timer

m wrote:

I have a Intermatic T101 -24 hr timer; I keep setting the correct time of day,
but clock dial continues to turn counter clockwise? Do I need to replace the
unit?

I haven't bought one for a while but they used to just sell the clock
motors pretty cheap.

About $80 for a new one on Ebay. The internal mechanism is about
half that.

I've taken to using the electronic ones that can be set up to track
sunset and sunrise for lighting purposes. Can also be set for "fixed
timing". No mechanicalparts ad very good reliability in my experience.