Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Finding wires in radiant ceiling heat

Best way is infrared camera rented one at Home Depot for about $50 you can see
where the wires are with the heat on. When you go to put screw in you can hold
screw against ceiling while you look at it with camera and see where it is in
relation to wire

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...t-1188005-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 18, 2019 at 9:44:09 AM UTC-4, Stitchy wrote:
Best way is infrared camera rented one at Home Depot for about $50 you can see
where the wires are with the heat on. When you go to put screw in you can hold
screw against ceiling while you look at it with camera and see where it is in
relation to wire

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...t-1188005-.htm

For $50 you could probably buy one on Ebay that would do the job and that
you'd own. But maybe not, I haven't needed one. But I have bought things
like that which I needed for a one time use, then sold them again on Ebay
recovering most of what I spent. But HD you can get one in an hour, so
that's a factor too.