Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Gas release valve?

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 19:14:47 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

On 11/03/2019 18:49, Commander Kinsey wrote:

So the meter outside my house reduces the pressure? I thought the
pressure was lowered for the whole street, like a substation reduces the
electricity to 240V.

I had noticed on older houses there's some kind of valve seperate from
the meter (often exposed to the outdoor weather!), presumably nowadays
it's inside the meter.

Your meter has a regulator that drops from an already lowish pressure to
20mbar.

http://www.gasinfo.uk.com/distribution_page.htm

Wow, 20mbar is damn low, I'm surprised that has the desire to move along
the pipe.

How do things like camping stoves work? I assume the pressure inside a
butane cannister is much higher than that, and I don't think they have
pressure reducers.

They do have pressure reducers for the bigger stuff like barbeques.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 08:01:50 +1100, Jac Brown, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

They do have pressure reducers for the bigger stuff like barbeques.

Obviously the Scottish ****** uses you senile cock sucking idiots for
"pressure" reducers! LOL

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rot: