Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New plane. No middle seats, they say.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/embraer-e190-e2-no-middle-seats/index.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/27/2018 8:41 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/embraer-e190-e2-no-middle-seats/index.html

I've flown on a few Embraer with no middle seats. I found them to be
quite comfortable. My favorite was two on one side of the aisle, but
only one seat on the other side, my favorite.

It is a narrow body and very efficient and fast. Built in Brazil.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote
Dean Hoffman wrote

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/embraer-e190-e2-no-middle-seats/index.html

I've flown on a few Embraer with no middle seats. I found them to be
quite comfortable. My favorite was two on one side of the aisle, but only
one seat on the other side, my favorite.

The Saab 340B has been like that for a long time now.
Decent leather seats too.

It is a narrow body and very efficient and fast. Built in Brazil.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 19:41:22 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/embraer-e190-e2-no-middle-seats/index.html

If they can stretch the body about 22" wider they can go 2 2 2 or as
the other poster said 2 2 1 with a regular body. No airline wants to
give up 20-30 seats. In the "cattle car" area of planes the wider
body might mean 4 3.
Who knows what they will do up there where I fly. Maybe 2 1 2 or even
1 2 1 with La z Boys, desk top computer monitors on big tables and a
cooler ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 12:20:05 AM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 11/27/2018 09:58 PM, wrote:
Who knows what they will do up there where I fly. Maybe 2 1 2 or even
1 2 1 with La z Boys, desk top computer monitors on big tables and a
cooler ;-)

I fondly remember the 747's with the comfortable lounge on the second
deck. It was really nice flying Sunday night when it was mostly crews
repositioning for the Monday flights. I was flying into Minneapolis on
Northwestern. They were a little different from most airlines. No little
nip bottles. The galley had real bottles of booze and the stews weren't
skimpy with their pours. It made for an interesting trip from MSP to Morris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WQptxygSM8

The song was very popular at the time -- and very fitting...

My favorite flight was years ago, flying from Cleveland to Newark on
NY Air. It was like 9 at night.
They called the flight boarding at the gate, "Will the 3 passengers
going to Newark please come to the gate." They lead us out a door
instead of the jetway, so I'm figuring they've substituted a small
plane for just 3 and we're headed to a small turboprop.
It turned out to be a DC9-80, with a crew of like 5 flight attendants.
They told us to take any seat and as soon as we were in the air, they
were passing out free booze.