Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

Default DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME IS ALMOST OVER, DEAR RECRUITS

On Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 11:45:19 PM UTC-7, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

In article ,
"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" posted:

The notion of playing God with sunlight originated with one
of our founding fathers, Benjamin Franklin. He argued that
people would be more productive and waste less candlelight
at night if they just woke up earlier, and this could be
accomplished by tricking the sun into rising earlier. Keep
in mind, this is logic from the same man who came up with
"air baths," a morning ritual in which he sat next to an
open window in the middle of winter, totally naked, and
waited for inspiration to come.

Daylight saving didn't come into vogue until the early 20th
century, where it was introduced as an energy-saving method
during wartime. When instituted by President Roosevelt, it
wasn't called daylight saving but "War Time," which is just
another example of how much cooler everything was during
our grandparents' time. ("Don't forget to set your clocks
ahead tonight for WAR TIME!")

It became standard practice in 1966, and now it's just
something we all do without thinking, like hiding painted
eggs at Easter or not wearing white after Labor Day. The
idea that we do it to save energy is just flat-out wrong.
After all, we're really just intelligent apes. Actually,
we're more like Pavlov's dogs, if the truth be told.

Note: folks in Arizona are the only folks who don't mess
which this ****.

Thank you for your post, Colonel.

Hawaii does not observe it either.
Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi Om Shanti

Let Daylight Saving Time Die Already

Several states have broken free of the government
requirement, with more on the way.

reason.com
November 2, 2018

https://reason.com/blog/2018/11/02/l...ime-die-dammit

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
https://tinyurl.com/jaimaharaj

I love DST...it is part of my heritage. You people who can't adapt are non-progressives.
====
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/5/18 4:52 AM, Roy wrote:
I love DST...it is part of my heritage. You people who can't adapt are non-progressives.

LOL