DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readable again!] Hooray! (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/619862-i-fixed-what-broken-alt-home-repair-%5B-now-readable-again-%5D-hooray.html)

Doyun Jahng September 27th 18 03:28 AM

I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readable again!] Hooray!

This makes alt.home.repair readable again! Hooray!
(I plonked all the posters who troll off topic).

[alt.home.repair]
!delete Subject "OT"
!delete From "%@%"
!delete From "%"
!delete From "A. Filip"
!delete From "Abduhl Akmed"
!delete From "abecat"
!delete From "abelard"
!delete From "alan_m"
!delete From "Alexandria Ocasio-Kotex"
!delete From "Allahu Akbar"
!delete From "Andy"
!delete From "
!delete From "Anonymous"
!delete From "Aqib Sajid"
!delete From "avejoat"
!delete From "Axel Jones"
!delete From "Basil Jet"
!delete From "Ben Dover"
!delete From "Bill"
!delete From "birther"
!delete From "Bob F"
!delete From "Bob"
!delete From "BouffantTHairdo"
!delete From "Brian Gaff"
!delete From "Brian Reay"
!delete From "Bricked"
!delete From "
!delete From "
!delete From "Byker"
!delete From "catalpa"
!delete From "ChairMan"
!delete From "Checkmate"
!delete From "Chief MegaBucks"
!delete From "Clamidia Ramsbottom, Secretary, Woman's Institute, Walmington-on-Sea"
!delete From "Clare Snyder"
!delete From "Clarice Starling"
!delete From "Col"
!delete From "Dan S. MacAbre"
!delete From "Dave Plowman (News)"
!delete From "Davej"
!delete From "David"
!delete From "Dean Hoffman"
!delete From "Democrap"
!delete From "devnull"
!delete From "Dick"
!delete From "dolf"
!delete From "Doug Laidlaw"
!delete From "dpb"
!delete From "Dr. Google"
!delete From "dsi1"
!delete From "Ed Pawlowski"
!delete From "fatboy"
!delete From "Frank"
!delete From "Fritz Wuehler"
!delete From "Fruitiest of Fruitcakes"
!delete From "g8dgc"
!delete From "George P"
!delete From "
!delete From "Glenn (KC)"
!delete From "Greg Harris"
!delete From "Handsome Jack"
!delete From "
!delete From "hungry"
!delete From "iApple"
!delete From "Incubus"
!delete From "Ivan Vegvary"
!delete From "Jack G...."
!delete From "Jack Granade"
!delete From "Jack"
!delete From "James Bond 007"
!delete From "James Bond"
!delete From "Jeff"
!delete From "jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew pedophile Baruch 'Barry' Shein's jew aliash)"
!delete From "
!delete From "Jim Acostduh"
!delete From "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
!delete From "JNugent"
!delete From "Joe"
!delete From "John Doe"
!delete From "Josh Nack"
!delete From "Ken"
!delete From "KenK"
!delete From "KWills Shill #3"
!delete From "Lauren"
!delete From "Libtard Buster"
!delete From "Libtard"
!delete From "Loch N. Lode"
!delete From "Louie"
!delete From "Mack A. Damia"
!delete From "Major General Gordon M. 'Biff' Cresswell"
!delete From "
!delete From "Mark Slater"
!delete From "Meanie"
!delete From "Michael Moorefat"
!delete From "micky"
!delete From "Mike_Duffy"
!delete From "Mo Power"
!delete From "Mo Zarella"
!delete From "More-later"
!delete From "Morty"
!delete From "Mr Pounder Esquire"
!delete From "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
!delete From "Muggles"
!delete From "Newgene McMensa"
!delete From "Nicodemus"
!delete From "No Excuses"
!delete From "Norman Wells"
!delete From "Omega"
!delete From "Ophelia"
!delete From "Oren"
!delete From "p-0''0-h the cat (coder)"
!delete From "Peeler"
!delete From "Peter Keller"
!delete From "Pope"
!delete From "Prime Minister Theresa May"
!delete From "Ralph Mowery"
!delete From "Ralph W"
!delete From "rbowman"
!delete From "Reggie"
!delete From "Rod Speed"
!delete From "Roger Blake"
!delete From "Roy"
!delete From "S. H. Sanders"
!delete From "
!delete From "Scaly Ron"
!delete From "servant"
!delete From "Shadow"
!delete From "**** the Cat"
!delete From "****sack Moishe Goldberg"
!delete From "Sick old nazoid pedo Andrew AndrzejBaron"
!delete From "Smolley"
!delete From "Sn!pe"
!delete From "Spit the Cat"
!delete From "stock picker"
!delete From "T"
!delete From "taxpayer"
!delete From "Tekkie®"
!delete From "Terry Coombs"
!delete From "The Peeler"
!delete From "Thomas"
!delete From "tim..."
!delete From "trader_4"
!delete From "Uncle Monster"
!delete From "Unquestionably Confused"
!delete From "Valued Customer"
!delete From "Vic Smith"
!delete From "VinnyB"
!delete From "Wade Garrett"
!delete From "Willie Dikker"
!delete From "Willy"
!delete From "Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein"
!delete From "ZZyXX"
!delete From

Ed Pawlowski September 27th 18 03:38 AM

On 9/26/2018 10:28 PM, Doyun Jahng wrote:
This makes alt.home.repair readable again! Hooray!
(I plonked all the posters who troll off topic).

[alt.home.repair]

!delete From "Ed Pawlowski"

!delete From

Yay, I made the list. I'd like to know who was NOT kill filed. It is
going to be very lonely out there. for Doyun.

That said, I do have many of them in my kf too.

Dan Espen[_3_] September 27th 18 01:46 PM

Doyun Jahng writes:

This makes alt.home.repair readable again! Hooray!
(I plonked all the posters who troll off topic).

[alt.home.repair]
!delete Subject "OT"
!delete From "%@%"
!delete From "%"

Looks to me like these last 2 catch everyone including
yourself.

--
Dan Espen

[email protected] September 27th 18 08:38 PM

On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 22:38:07 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 9/26/2018 10:28 PM, Doyun Jahng wrote:
This makes alt.home.repair readable again! Hooray!
(I plonked all the posters who troll off topic).

[alt.home.repair]

!delete From "Ed Pawlowski"

!delete From

Yay, I made the list. I'd like to know who was NOT kill filed. It is
going to be very lonely out there. for Doyun.

That said, I do have many of them in my kf too.

I think *everyone* made the list.

But I just added Doyun Jahng to my KF. That seemed like the right thing
to do. :)

Frank[_24_] September 27th 18 08:49 PM

On 9/27/2018 8:46 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
Doyun Jahng writes:

This makes alt.home.repair readable again! Hooray!
(I plonked all the posters who troll off topic).

[alt.home.repair]
!delete Subject "OT"
!delete From "%@%"
!delete From "%"

Looks to me like these last 2 catch everyone including
yourself.

I just added this ding dong to mine ;)

Doyun Jahng September 27th 18 09:10 PM

I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readable again!] Hooray!

Response to Dan Espen

Looks to me like these last 2 catch everyone including
yourself.

Thank you for finding that mistake.
It doesn't catch everyone as I see your post, but I agree I don't see mine.

I'm going to have to learn regular expressions if I am to read this ng.
When did the trolls take over this ng anyways?
(It used to be readable.)

This is my current regular expression, with help, for one poster to a
different newsgroup, to give you an idea of the regexp tree.

# Gregory Hall: Nymshifter, flamer, forger, feeds other trolls, profane/insult posts are trivial, cross-posts to kook/garbage groups or to flame other groups.
!delete From {(\b|_)(Greg(ory)?(\W|_)*Hall|Neal(\W|_)*Warren|We s(ley)?(\W|_)*Mouch)(\b|_).*}
!delete From {(\b|_)Wilbur(\W|_)*Hubbard(\b|_).*wilbur\S*hubba rd@thefarm\b}
!delete From }
!delete From {^(\W|_)*(Bill|William|Kev(in)?)((\b|_)(.*(\b|_))? )?Yanaire(\b|_).*}
!delete From {(bill|william)(\W|_)*yani?aire\b}
!delete From {(\b|_)Ibrahim(\W|_)*Al.?Qassam(\b|_).*}
!delete Header {^X-Authenticated-User: \$\$h33u3qemlntxjrabayv|\$\$qpbx93r23zdfcqebwkqeh-pml$}

We may need two sections, where there are the professional trolls like "%",
"p-0''0-h the cat (coder)", and "Mack A. Damia" and those who troll most
of the time but who are also serious users like Oren, Clare Snyder,
rbowman, Tekkie, Mr. Man-wai Chang, Ed Pawlowski, and Bob F.

For the some troll some serious, negative scoring is perhaps better.

Or maybe even ofset coloring as shown here as an example
# Gregory Hall: Nymshifter, flamer, forger, feeds other trolls, profane/insult posts are trivial, cross-posts to kook/garbage groups or to flame other groups.
!setcolor(maroon;default),ignore,markread From {(\b|_)(Greg(ory)?(\W|_)*Hall|Neal(\W|_)*Warren|We s(ley)?(\W|_)*Mouch)(\b|_).*}
!setcolor(maroon;default),ignore,markread From {(\b|_)Wilbur(\W|_)*Hubbard(\b|_).*wilbur\S*hubba rd@thefarm\b}
!setcolor(maroon;default),ignore,markread From }
!setcolor(maroon;default),ignore,markread From {^(\W|_)*(Bill|William|Kev(in)?)((\b|_)(.*(\b|_))? )?Yanaire(\b|_).*}
!setcolor(maroon;default),ignore,markread From {(bill|william)(\W|_)*yani?aire\b}
!setcolor(maroon;default),ignore,markread From {(\b|_)Ibrahim(\W|_)*Al.?Qassam(\b|_).*}
!setcolor(maroon;default),ignore,markread Header {^X-Authenticated-User: \$\$h33u3qemlntxjrabayv|\$\$qpbx93r23zdfcqebwkqeh-pml$}

I will improve the filter, starting with the next troll, which I see already.
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 10:22:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: glock36

Dan Espen[_3_] September 27th 18 10:00 PM

I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readable again!] Hooray!

Doyun Jahng writes:

Response to Dan Espen
Looks to me like these last 2 catch everyone including
yourself.

Thank you for finding that mistake.
It doesn't catch everyone as I see your post, but I agree I don't see mine.

I'm going to have to learn regular expressions if I am to read this ng.

I'm not 100% sure "%" is a wild card, just a guess on my part.
That would depend on your news reader.

When did the trolls take over this ng anyways?

It's been a long time,

(It used to be readable.)

Yep, many years ago.

--
Dan Espen

Doyun Jahng September 27th 18 10:14 PM

I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readable again!] Hooray!

Response to Dan Espen

(It used to be readable.)

Yep, many years ago.

I ripped out my old killfile and will start fresh.
Instead of plonking on the name I'll use the email address.

Which means I need to start over on those 150 trolls in the previous list.

If we assume 25 to maybe even 50 of them are actually sometimes ok (like
Bob F, Clare Snyder, Oren, Ed Pawlowski, & rbowman) and that the other 100
to 125 are never ok (like Tekkie, Sn!pe, ****sack Moishe Goldberg, Shadow,
and trader_4), then we only need to plonk about 100 to 125 of the trolls to
make this ng readable again.

As an example, this will delete the latest new troll
[alt.home.repair]
!delete From

And where next one of the most prolific trolls seems to be
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
who I will add next.

Some day I will understand why these 100 to 125 trolls love to ruin
everything but for now I just want to get rid of them so this ng is
readable again (if that's possible).

Dean Hoffman[_12_] September 27th 18 11:13 PM

On 9/26/18 9:38 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/26/2018 10:28 PM, Doyun Jahng wrote:
This makes alt.home.repair readable again! Hooray!
(I plonked all the posters who troll off topic).

[alt.home.repair]

!delete From "Ed Pawlowski"

!delete From

Yay, I made the list.Â* I'd like to know who was NOT kill filed.Â* It is
going to be very lonely out there. for Doyun.

That said, I do have many of them in my kf too.

Some of the folks in his killfile offer good advice if a home repair
question comes up.

Doyun Jahng September 28th 18 12:36 AM

I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readable again!] Hooray!

Response to Doyun Jahng

Instead of plonking on the name I'll use the email address.

The group is readable again if you plonk the following fifty
of the worst trolls in the last 3000 posts in this newsgroup.

I cleared the group first and started fresh.
I downloaded only the last 3000 posts.
For every troll I put them in one of two groups.

If you only block the first half, it's still unreadable.
Blocking both types of trolls made the group readable again.

[alt.home.repair]
# These email addresses start numerous OT threads
!delete From "Colonel Edmund J. Burke"
!delete From "Glenn (KC)"
!delete From "jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew pedophile Baruch 'Barry' Shein's jew aliash)"
!delete From "tim..."
!delete From
!delete From abelard
!delete From Anonymous
!delete From Basil Jet
!delete From Ben Dover
!delete From Bod
!delete From BouffantTHairdo
!delete From Brian Reay
!delete From BurfordTJustice
!delete From Byker
!delete From David
!delete From devnull
!delete From dolf
!delete From fatboy
!delete From
!delete From Fritz Wuehler
!delete From Fruitiest of Fruitcakes
!delete From

!delete From Incubus
!delete From Ivan Vegvary
!delete From Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
!delete From

!delete From Michael Moorefat
!delete From More-later
!delete From Mr Pounder Esquire
!delete From Ophelia
!delete From Patriot Taxpayer Voter Citizen
!delete From Peeler
!delete From Peter Keller
!delete From Ralph W
!delete From Roy
!delete From ****sack Moishe Goldberg
!delete From Sick old nazoid pedo Andrew AndrzejBaron
!delete From Smolley
!delete From The Todal
!delete From Thomas
!delete From TMS320
!delete From Trumpster
!delete From vallor
!delete From ZZyXX

# These email addresses respond too much to OT posts
!delete From "Mack A. Damia"
!delete From "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
!delete From abecat
!delete From

!delete From Bob F
!delete From catalpa
!delete From ChairMan "no
!delete From Clare Snyder
!delete From Diesel
!delete From Doug Laidlaw
!delete From dpb
!delete From Ed Pawlowski
!delete From Frank
!delete From

!delete From Greg Harris
!delete From JNugent
!delete From Joe
!delete From Meanie
!delete From micky
!delete From Mike_Duffy
!delete From Norman Wells
!delete From Ophelia
!delete From Oren
!delete From Ralph Mowery
!delete From rbowman
!delete From Scaly Ron
!delete From Shadow
!delete From Tekkie®
!delete From Terry Coombs
!delete From trader_4
!delete From Uncle Monster

Dan Espen[_3_] September 28th 18 02:18 AM

Dean Hoffman writes:

On 9/26/18 9:38 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/26/2018 10:28 PM, Doyun Jahng wrote:
This makes alt.home.repair readable again! Hooray!
(I plonked all the posters who troll off topic).

[alt.home.repair]

!delete From "Ed Pawlowski"

!delete From

Yay, I made the list.Â* I'd like to know who was NOT kill filed.Â* It
is going to be very lonely out there. for Doyun.

That said, I do have many of them in my kf too.

Some of the folks in his killfile offer good advice if a home repair
question comes up.

True enough.
You can filter out the crap but a true group discussion
of a home repair subject is impossible.
Anyone participating in this crap appears to care more
about politics than home repair. I wish they'd just head
off to alt.politics.

--
Dan Espen

Doyun Jahng September 28th 18 02:28 AM

I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readable again!] Hooray!

Response to Dan Espen

True enough.
You can filter out the crap but a true group discussion
of a home repair subject is impossible.
Anyone participating in this crap appears to care more
about politics than home repair. I wish they'd just head
off to alt.politics.

I think this list is of the worst 20 who can talk home repair but who seem
to talk too much about politics than about home repair in this ng.

# These email addresses respond too much to OT posts
!delete From "Mack A. Damia"
!delete From "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
!delete From Bob F
!delete From ChairMan "no
!delete From Clare Snyder
!delete From Diesel
!delete From Doug Laidlaw
!delete From dpb
!delete From Ed Pawlowski
!delete From Frank
!delete From
!delete From Meanie
!delete From micky
!delete From Mike_Duffy
!delete From Oren
!delete From Ralph Mowery
!delete From rbowman
!delete From Shadow
!delete From Tekkie®
!delete From Terry Coombs
!delete From trader_4
!delete From Uncle Monster

That list came only from looking at the last 3000 posts.

Clare Snyder September 28th 18 02:39 AM

I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readable again!] Hooray!

On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 18:28:49 -0700, Doyun Jahng
wrote:

Response to Dan Espen

True enough.
You can filter out the crap but a true group discussion
of a home repair subject is impossible.
Anyone participating in this crap appears to care more
about politics than home repair. I wish they'd just head
off to alt.politics.

I think this list is of the worst 20 who can talk home repair but who seem
to talk too much about politics than about home repair in this ng.

I'll talk home (and other) repair all day .
If you want to throw political bs around and there's no repair talk,
I've been (perhaps too) willing to get into it there too.

Ed Pawlowski September 28th 18 02:44 AM

On 9/27/2018 7:36 PM, Doyun Jahng wrote:

# These email addresses respond too much to OT posts

!delete From Doug Laidlaw
!delete From dpb
!delete From Ed Pawlowski
!delete From Frank
!delete From

I think I've been demoted.

God[_12_] September 28th 18 02:53 AM

On 09/27/2018 04:10 PM, Doyun Jahng wrote:
We may need two sections, where there are the professional trolls like "%",
"p-0''0-h the cat (coder)", and "Mack A. Damia" and those who troll most
of the time but who are also serious users like Oren, Clare Snyder,
rbowman, Tekkie, Mr. Man-wai Chang, Ed Pawlowski, and Bob F.

Your hit list needs to segregate republican trolls from treasonous
democrat trolls.

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= September 28th 18 07:46 PM

I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readable again!] Hooray!

Dan Espen posted for all of us...

Doyun Jahng writes:

This makes alt.home.repair readable again! Hooray!
(I plonked all the posters who troll off topic).

[alt.home.repair]
!delete Subject "OT"
!delete From "%@%"
!delete From "%"

Looks to me like these last 2 catch everyone including
yourself.

Does appear that way. This guys just trolling, methinks.

--
Tekkie

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= September 28th 18 07:48 PM

I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readable again!] Hooray!

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

On 9/27/2018 7:36 PM, Doyun Jahng wrote:

# These email addresses respond too much to OT posts

!delete From Doug Laidlaw
!delete From dpb
!delete From Ed Pawlowski
!delete From Frank
!delete From

I think I've been demoted.

Not to worry Ed. even if I don't agree you're good for a chuckle now and
then.

--
Tekkie

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= September 28th 18 07:49 PM

Dean Hoffman writes:

On 9/26/18 9:38 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/26/2018 10:28 PM, Doyun Jahng wrote:
This makes alt.home.repair readable again! Hooray!
(I plonked all the posters who troll off topic).

[alt.home.repair]

!delete From "Ed Pawlowski"

!delete From

Yay, I made the list.* I'd like to know who was NOT kill filed.* It
is going to be very lonely out there. for Doyun.

That said, I do have many of them in my kf too.

Some of the folks in his killfile offer good advice if a home repair
question comes up.

True enough.
You can filter out the crap but a true group discussion
of a home repair subject is impossible.
Anyone participating in this crap appears to care more
about politics than home repair. I wish they'd just head
off to alt.politics.

yeah, even this one ;-)

--
Tekkie

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= September 28th 18 07:52 PM

I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readable again!] Hooray!

Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

wrote:

[...]

I am insulted Clare, you and many others came in higher in the list.
I am the chief azzhole, ask anyone.

--
Tekkie

Dan Espen[_3_] September 28th 18 10:05 PM

wrote:

[...]

Change your name to Azzhole and you'll stand a chance.
(The list is in alphabetic order.)

--
Dan Espen

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= September 28th 18 10:16 PM

wrote:

[...]

I didn't see that. Just me Azzhole - I wanna be on top.

--
Tekkie

Doyun Jahng September 28th 18 10:32 PM

I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readable again!] Hooray!

Response to Dan Espen

(The list is in alphabetic order.)

I tried not blocking the worst 20 email addresses but they are
what makes the group unusable after the worst trolls are blocked.

Without the 100 trolls and without the 20 worst email addresses who
can talk home repair but who prefer to troll instead, the group was
readable.

I tried to unlist those 20 worst email addresses that can talk home
repair but who prefer to troll but it instantly made the group
unreadable again.

Here is what the group looks like for the first 20 threads.

DID. anyone watch the Kavanaugh SCROTUS hearing yesterday...Christine Blasey Ford with her (coached) girly victim voice and her (visibly) jew shys (JNugent) 9/28/2018 1:03:50 PM
CNN Analyst: Kavanaugh Hearing Was The "Patriarchy Of White Male Privilege". ) 9/28/2018 1:01:40 PM
Former Dem Senator Barbara Boxer: Kavanaugh Looked Like Someone Who Could Attack a Woman. (JNugent) 9/28/2018 12:55:04 PM
Rachel Mitchell, would not prosecute (trader_4) 9/28/2018 12:54:54 PM
Replacing sill cover on Anderson Narroline double hung window (Tekkie®) 9/28/2018 12:22:02 PM
lymeboi/fanboi not as hapy as Mr. Kurd!! (trader_4) 9/28/2018 11:22:54 AM
OT Senate Judiciary Committee holds an executive meeting to possibly vote on the nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. (trader_4) 9/28/2018 11:14:52 AM
OT comments on the Kav hearing (trader_4) 9/28/2018 9:18:28 AM
you guys are iddots smucks and worthless (Jack Granade) 9/28/2018 8:13:32 AM
New Zealand supermarket claims customers are stealing baskets because of plastic bag ban (FMurtz) 9/27/2018 10:57:16 PM
Where can I find replacement pipes like these? ) 9/27/2018 2:01:40 PM
Common property door lock keeps getting changed by one of the unit owners (NY) 9/27/2018 12:39:24 PM
glock36 (Frank) 9/27/2018 11:17:48 AM
A day in the life of the Good Colonel Burke... (Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.) 9/27/2018 6:48:22 AM
Pot heads steal Oregano...LOL ) 9/27/2018 6:13:06 AM
28% of women suffer sexual harrassment at work ) 9/27/2018 6:11:36 AM
Microwave recommendations ) 9/27/2018 5:51:02 AM
New Jersey legislators seek to extend smoking ban to boardwalks, other recreational spots, including burial sites ) 9/27/2018 3:34:36 AM
A Character Assessment Of DuckTurd From 2008 - Still Accurate? :o) (Diesel) 9/27/2018 12:47:10 AM

There does not seem to be any practical way around having to block all 100
of the worst trolls and also the worst 20 email addresses that can talk
home repair but who prefer to troll instead.

Doyun Jahng September 28th 18 10:50 PM

I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readable again!] Hooray!

Response to Doyun Jahng

I tried not blocking the worst 20 email addresses but they are
what makes the group unusable after the worst trolls are blocked.

I tried hard to put back the 20 worst email addresses that can
talk home repair but who prefer to troll instead but they make
the group unreadble.

I removed the comment character of the 10 email addresses in the
last 20 posts that could talk home repair but who prefer to troll
instead which is the list below for the last 20 threads.

# These email addresses respond too much to OT posts
#!delete From "Mack A. Damia"
#!delete From "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
#!delete From abecat
!delete From
!delete From Bob F
#!delete From catalpa
#!delete From ChairMan "no
!delete From Clare Snyder
!delete From Diesel
#!delete From Doug Laidlaw
#!delete From dpb
#!delete From Ed Pawlowski
!delete From FMurtz
!delete From Frank
#!delete From

#!delete From Greg Harris
!delete From Jack Granade
!delete From JNugent
#!delete From Joe
#!delete From Meanie
#!delete From micky
#!delete From Mike_Duffy
#!delete From Norman Wells
#!delete From Ophelia
#!delete From Oren
#!delete From Ralph Mowery
#!delete From rbowman
#!delete From Scaly Ron
#!delete From Shadow
!delete From Tekkie®
#!delete From Terry Coombs
!delete From trader_4
#!delete From Uncle Monster

With that killfile above of the 10 worst email addresses that
can talk home repair but who prefer to troll added to the
worst 100 trolls who can only troll, that made the group
readable but only up to where I removed the comments above.

I will now try to clean up the next set of threads below that.

Donald Trump's speech to the UN General Assembly is no laughing matter (ChairMan) 9/27/2018 9:56:00 AM
On topic fluorescent light (Meanie) 9/27/2018 9:02:08 AM
Escaped goat-antelope spotted near *** Zoo (Scaly Ron) 9/27/2018 2:33:50 AM
Annoyances - mobile phones used on car speakers (catalpa) 9/27/2018 1:04:24 AM
Theresa May unveils her global sales pitch (Joe) 9/26/2018 11:44:52 PM
OT: Annoyances - mobile phones used on car speakers (Rod Speed) 9/26/2018 11:09:38 PM
High Speed Electrical Ceiling Fan Exporters in Hyderabad (Jain Electro) 9/26/2018 7:13:04 PM
Labour will not rule out including the option of staying in the EU (Joe) 9/26/2018 4:39:34 PM
Bill Cosby sentenced (ChairMan) 9/26/2018 1:37:14 PM
Are Antenna TVs Making A Comeback? (Mark Lloyd) 9/26/2018 11:14:34 AM
Starbucks to close 150 stores (catalpa) 9/26/2018 9:58:24 AM
Common property door lock keeps getting changed by one of the unit owners (543dsa) 9/26/2018 9:16:16 AM
Common property door lock keeps getting changed by one of the unit owners (543dsa) 9/26/2018 5:30:08 AM
Household glue (Uncle Monster) 9/25/2018 4:29:28 PM
Trump's Middle East plan likely to be doing more harm than good (Uncle Monster) 9/25/2018 3:59:52 PM
Another allegation for Kavenaugh (Vic Smith) 9/25/2018 8:57:54 AM
Former world leaders call for worldwide legalisation as €˜war on drugs has failed (Uncle Monster) 9/25/2018 1:47:20 AM
Contractors: Trump tariffs causing rise in rebuilding costs after hurricane (ChairMan) 9/25/2018 1:33:32 AM
Problem with economics of on demand hot water heaters (Roger Johnson) 9/25/2018 1:08:18 AM
Do people other than golfers watch golf on TV (dpb) 9/24/2018 11:29:30 PM
Not just Apple: Intel and others object to Trumps China tariffs (Joe) 9/24/2018 7:12:30 PM
crossed wifes to mower when jumpstarting (Deodiaus) 9/24/2018 8:47:36 AM
Former congressman: 'Trump has completely destroyed the Republican Party' (Terry Coombs) 9/24/2018 12:57:10 AM
OT. Another Denial (Terry Coombs) 9/23/2018 9:06:28 PM
Diesel Fuel as weed killer? (Jim S) 9/23/2018 7:08:42 PM
Let's blame someone else, even though he's innocent (ChairMan) 9/23/2018 5:48:10 AM
Recessed light white trim yellowed (dpb) 9/23/2018 3:06:16 AM
Natural Gas Detector For House: Battery Operated Only ? (Robert Rose) 9/22/2018 10:38:38 PM
Mich. Mom arrested for taking daughter's cell phone away (Meanie) 9/22/2018 8:29:24 PM
Ford demands 'full investigation' by FBI before testifying, in letter from her lawyers (Uncle Monster) 9/22/2018 10:28:34 AM

Doyun Jahng September 28th 18 11:04 PM

I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readable again!] Hooray!

Response to Doyun Jahng

With that killfile above of the 10 worst email addresses that
can talk home repair but who prefer to troll added to the
worst 100 trolls who can only troll, that made the group
readable but only up to where I removed the comments above.

These were the first set of most recent email addresses of people
who could talk home repair but who prefer to troll instead.
!delete From
!delete From Bob F
!delete From Clare Snyder
!delete From Diesel
!delete From FMurtz
!delete From Frank
!delete From Jack Granade
!delete From JNugent
!delete From Tekkie®
!delete From trader_4

These were the second set of most recent email addresses of people
who could talk home repair but who prefer to troll instead.
!delete From catalpa
!delete From ChairMan "no
!delete From dpb
!delete From Joe
!delete From Meanie
!delete From Scaly Ron
!delete From Terry Coombs
!delete From Uncle Monster
!delete From Vic Smith

These email addresses did not show up in those first two
most recent sets of people who could talk home repair
but who prefer to troll instead.
#!delete From "Mack A. Damia"
#!delete From "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
#!delete From abecat
#!delete From Doug Laidlaw
#!delete From Ed Pawlowski
#!delete From

#!delete From Greg Harris
#!delete From micky
#!delete From Mike_Duffy
#!delete From Norman Wells
#!delete From Ophelia
#!delete From Oren
#!delete From Ralph Mowery
#!delete From rbowman
#!delete From Shadow

The newsgroup is presentely readable again if I only look
at the most recent 50 threads which no longer contain posts
from those 19 worst email addresses of people who can talk
home repair but who prefer to troll instead.

ChairMan[_6_] September 29th 18 01:20 AM

I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readable again!] Hooray!

Doyun Jahng wrote:
Response to Doyun Jahng

your contributions will not be missed.......oh, wait a
minute you HAVEN"T ever made any

Doyun Jahng September 29th 18 01:48 PM

I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readable again!] Hooray!

Forgery alert.

Note the recent spoofing attempt in the headers included below, which was
reported to the appropriate news server admins and which I report to you.

Readers of this ng will note I will never create an off-topic thread nor
will I ever respond to any off-topic threads as that would simply
perpetuate and accentuate the troll problem that has ruined this newsgroup.

Rest assured, I will never troll as I respect my honor and dignity.

The headers below are those to which this response is aimed.
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: Doyan Johng
Subject: OT: RECORDS SHOW DR. FORD IS NOT A LICENSED PSYCHOLOGIST, MAY HAVE COMMITTED PERJURY
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 07:30:09 -0400

According to records, Ford is not licensed in the state of California

https://www.infowars.com/records-sho...itted-perjury/

Bob (not Bod) September 29th 18 02:02 PM

On 9/29/2018 8:48 AM, Doyun Jahng wrote:
Forgery alert.

Note the recent spoofing attempt in the headers included below, which was
reported to the appropriate news server admins and which I report to you.

Is the first name spelled the same?Â* No

Is the last name spelled the same?Â* No

Is the email the same?Â* No

You have not been "forged" or "spoofed".

Meanie[_2_] September 29th 18 03:27 PM

I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readableagain!] Hooray!

SNIP!

Now it's readable after deleting and kill-filing your idiocy.

Doyun Jahng September 29th 18 03:57 PM

I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readable again!] Hooray!

Response to Doyun Jahng

If the problem persists, I will bother to analyze further.

In addition to the Tekkie/Pawlowski similarities in the recent forgery attempt,
rudimentary social deconstruction potentially indicates the following email
addresses may need to be observed more closely before reporting to their
admins since their responses are exactly what the trolls want them to be
(almost too exact in multiple social ways).

From: (aka Cindy Hamilton)
From: Frank

Obviously multiple socks of the same person are potentially involved,
where all 4 socks could be one & the same troll for all that I know.

It hurts nobody to name them since while all 4 constantly troll, it's
clear that 3 of the 4 can talk home repair but prefer to troll anyway.

########## headers below ##########
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 04:46:04 -0700 (PDT)

From: Frank
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 07:57:39 -0400
########## headers above ##########

Ed Pawlowski September 29th 18 04:09 PM

I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readableagain!] Hooray!

On 9/29/2018 8:48 AM, Doyun Jahng wrote:

Readers of this ng will note I will never create an off-topic thread nor
will I ever respond to any off-topic threads as that would simply
perpetuate and accentuate the troll problem that has ruined this newsgroup.

Rest assured, I will never troll as I respect my honor and dignity.

Wow, talk about hypocritical assholes, this is way off topic and has
nothing to do with home repair. It has lots to do with your inflated
ego though. Of course, you say you won't see this because I'm kf'd.

[email protected] September 29th 18 04:12 PM

On Thursday, September 27, 2018 at 9:44:16 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/27/2018 7:36 PM, Doyun Jahng wrote:

# These email addresses respond too much to OT posts

!delete From Doug Laidlaw
!delete From dpb
!delete From Ed Pawlowski
!delete From Frank
!delete From

I think I've been demoted.

The guy certainly seems to have plenty of time on his hands. And he's
generating quite a bit of traffic that isn't talking about home repair
at all.

Cindy Hamilton

Oren[_2_] September 29th 18 05:30 PM

On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 11:09:21 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Wow, talk about hypocritical assholes, this is way off topic and has
nothing to do with home repair. It has lots to do with your inflated
ego though. Of course, you say you won't see this because I'm kf'd.

There is no Usenet home repair group in South Korea.

The ass hat is injecting threads with an IP from there, best I can
tell, and is nym shifting. Perhaps even tracking locations.

I'm honored to be in his KF.

From: (aka Cindy Hamilton)
From: Frank

Tekkie = Pawlowski = Cindy = Frank = Meanie = many other socks

Even a casual glance at the headers from the trolls on this ng shows that
there are likely only three or four actually different trolls who are
polluting this newsgroup such that it's no longer readable.

For example, just glancing at the basic history of when this group started
being unreadable, the single Tekkie Pawlowski Cindy Frank Meanie sock shows
up time and again not only in header patterns, but in sequential posting
patterns. Over and over and over again, that one sock alone pollutes this
newsgroup more than most others.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind this single Tekkie Pawlowski Cindy
Frank Meanie troll (who seems to have more than just those nyms) is
perhaps, by far, the worst polluter of this newsgroup, although there seem
to be two or maybe three other prolific trolls working in concert to make
this ng unreadable.

The other common trolls like Clare Synder and maybe Oren don't seem to be
using other nyms, where it would be nice if honest people like they seem to
be would just refrain from feeding the prolifically polluting Tekkie
Pawlowski Cindy Frank Meanie troll machines.

In my tests, blocking just that one Tekkie/Pawlowski troll machine made the
group "almost" readable again, in and of itself.

Ed Pawlowski September 30th 18 05:04 AM

On 9/29/2018 11:49 PM, Doyun Jahng wrote:
On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 14:57:41 -0000 (UTC), Doyun Jahng wrote:

Tekkie = Pawlowski = Cindy = Frank = Meanie = many other socks

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind this single Tekkie Pawlowski Cindy
Frank Meanie troll (who seems to have more than just those nyms) is
perhaps, by far, the worst polluter of this newsgroup,

What a jackass. At least he is good for a laugh.

Clare Snyder September 30th 18 05:11 AM

On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 00:04:30 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 9/29/2018 11:49 PM, Doyun Jahng wrote:
On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 14:57:41 -0000 (UTC), Doyun Jahng wrote:

Tekkie = Pawlowski = Cindy = Frank = Meanie = many other socks

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind this single Tekkie Pawlowski Cindy
Frank Meanie troll (who seems to have more than just those nyms) is
perhaps, by far, the worst polluter of this newsgroup,

What a jackass. At least he is good for a laugh.

Not if ypu dpn't read him.

[email protected] September 30th 18 01:07 PM

On Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 12:04:33 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/29/2018 11:49 PM, Doyun Jahng wrote:
On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 14:57:41 -0000 (UTC), Doyun Jahng wrote:

Tekkie = Pawlowski = Cindy = Frank = Meanie = many other socks

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind this single Tekkie Pawlowski Cindy
Frank Meanie troll (who seems to have more than just those nyms) is
perhaps, by far, the worst polluter of this newsgroup,

What a jackass. At least he is good for a laugh.

Imagine my husband's surprise when he learns I am actually Ed Pawlowski.

Cindy Hamilton

Bod[_3_] September 30th 18 01:11 PM

On 30/09/2018 13:07, wrote:
On Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 12:04:33 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/29/2018 11:49 PM, Doyun Jahng wrote:
On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 14:57:41 -0000 (UTC), Doyun Jahng wrote:

Tekkie = Pawlowski = Cindy = Frank = Meanie = many other socks

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind this single Tekkie Pawlowski Cindy
Frank Meanie troll (who seems to have more than just those nyms) is
perhaps, by far, the worst polluter of this newsgroup,

What a jackass. At least he is good for a laugh.

Imagine my husband's surprise when he learns I am actually Ed Pawlowski.

Cindy Hamilton

I could equally imagine him saying "is there something you need to

tell me?" :-)

--
Bod

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] September 30th 18 03:16 PM

On 9/30/2018 8:07 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 12:04:33 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/29/2018 11:49 PM, Doyun Jahng wrote:
On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 14:57:41 -0000 (UTC), Doyun Jahng wrote:

Tekkie = Pawlowski = Cindy = Frank = Meanie = many other socks

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind this single Tekkie Pawlowski Cindy
Frank Meanie troll (who seems to have more than just those nyms) is
perhaps, by far, the worst polluter of this newsgroup,

What a jackass. At least he is good for a laugh.

Imagine my husband's surprise when he learns I am actually Ed Pawlowski.

Cindy Hamilton

He may notice we are never seen together, just like Clark Kent and
Superman.

[email protected] September 30th 18 03:22 PM

On Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 10:16:55 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/30/2018 8:07 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 12:04:33 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/29/2018 11:49 PM, Doyun Jahng wrote:
On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 14:57:41 -0000 (UTC), Doyun Jahng wrote:

Tekkie = Pawlowski = Cindy = Frank = Meanie = many other socks

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind this single Tekkie Pawlowski Cindy
Frank Meanie troll (who seems to have more than just those nyms) is
perhaps, by far, the worst polluter of this newsgroup,

What a jackass. At least he is good for a laugh.

Imagine my husband's surprise when he learns I am actually Ed Pawlowski.

Cindy Hamilton

He may notice we are never seen together, just like Clark Kent and
Superman.

Dibs on Clark Kent. I don't think anybody wants to see me in a blue
bodysuit.

Cindy Hamilton

Oren[_2_] September 30th 18 04:02 PM

I fixed what was broken with alt.home.repair [it is now readable again!] Hooray!

On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 05:07:53 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Imagine my husband's surprise when he learns I am actually Ed Pawlowski.

Please make a YouTube video and post a link here. It ought to be a
real hoot, may even go viral.
--
"Never accuse a Soldier of being a Marine"