Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pexs

I have a mobile home in Az. There is a leak under the home. In order to fix
the leak I worked harder to saw cut my garage floor but I thought if I ran
pexs above the garage floor then back down to the crawl space I would
eliminate the saw cutting. Plus it's expensive.. the pie works be protected
from UV rays but the garage gets very hot in the summer.. not sure what to
use but I was hoping pexs would hold up

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...s-1176042-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 16:44:02 GMT, Shannon Pratt
m wrote:

I have a mobile home in Az. There is a leak under the home. In order to fix
the leak I worked harder to saw cut my garage floor but I thought if I ran
pexs above the garage floor then back down to the crawl space I would
eliminate the saw cutting. Plus it's expensive.. the pie works be protected
from UV rays but the garage gets very hot in the summer.. not sure what to
use but I was hoping pexs would hold up

Get the right PEX for outside burial -- used in desert landscape
irrigation. Travel the pipe where needed and connect it.

Are you sure a mobile home is using PEX now days?
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

I have a mobile home in Az. There is a leak under the home. In order to fix
the leak I worked harder to saw cut my garage floor but I thought if I ran
pexs above the garage floor then back down to the crawl space I would
eliminate the saw cutting. Plus it's expensive.. the pie works be protected
from UV rays but the garage gets very hot in the summer.. not sure what to
use but I was hoping pexs would hold up

Get the right PEX for outside burial -- used in desert landscape
irrigation. Travel the pipe where needed and connect it.

Are you sure a mobile home is using PEX now days?

I can't see it getting very hot under a garage floor and PEX can be used
for hot water.

Former neighbor had replace copper in his house with PEX but guy that
bought the house found fitting were leaking. Has another with CPVC that
grabbed a pipe supporting himself to do something and the pipe broke.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Shannon Pratt, Bob wrote:
Pex is good stuff, easy to use and durable. That's what I would use in your
situation. It can take 200 degrees. Only potential downside, in summer the
water coming out of the faucet will be hotter than now.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...s-1176042-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/23/18 12:44 PM, Bob wrote:
replying to Shannon Pratt, Bob wrote:
Pex is good stuff, easy to use and durable.Â* That's what I would use in
your
situation.Â* It can take 200 degrees.Â* Only potential downside, in summer
the
water coming out of the faucet will be hotter than now.

Maybe insulate the pipe if water temperature is an issue.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 13:14:56 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 9/23/18 12:44 PM, Bob wrote:
replying to Shannon Pratt, Bob wrote:
Pex is good stuff, easy to use and durable.* That's what I would use in
your
situation.* It can take 200 degrees.* Only potential downside, in summer
the
water coming out of the faucet will be hotter than now.

Maybe insulate the pipe if water temperature is an issue.

Thermo PEX (starts at 1" size though?

http://www.thermopex.com/