Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Two rsignals at same time, 88.1 where

Satruday, july 28, at 10:50AM I was driving through Westminster Md,
listening to 88.1 FM, Baltimore,and I was getting two copies of the same
sounds, one a second or so delayed compared to the other.

This went on for at least 5 miles, at least 10 minutes.

It was nearly impossible to tell what was being said.

How could this happen?

It's a rural area with no very tall buildings and even if there were a
reflection, it would not reflect at me everywhere along a 5 mile line.

I've been there many times before, usually listening to the same
station, and it never happened before. So I don't think there is a
second station on the same frequency in radio range.

Could it be that the transmitter itself was sending out two copies of
the sound, one second apart?

After about 10 minutes, it stopped and the sound was good again.