Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New HVAC system --2 stage a/c; variable speed heat/fan

A friend of mine who owns a HVAC repair/installation installed a 5 ton
compressor that's 2 stage. But it is connected to a variable speed
blower/heater. I'm not sure that it's working correctly. I've tried calling
Ruud a few times just for advice and they say I need to get in touch with
whoever sold the system to the supplier. I'm hearing it using only 2 speeds of
the inside blower. I also noticed the same thing this winter--that it ran on
high or low, and the thermostat tells me the length it has run on HIGH and LOW
speeds....not saying anything about the variable speed fan..

How do I know it's set up correctly? Why did I buy a variable speed heating
unit and only use 2 speeds??

I'd like some advice if anyone could give it to me! Is there someone I can
call and talk to? I hate complaining to my friend that installed it!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...n-1170486-.htm