Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Keeprite 96% 100,000 BTU Furnace G9MVE, Two stage heat, ECM Variable Motor

Hi,

I received a quote for

Keeprite 96% 100,000 BTU Furnace G9MVE, Two stage heat, ECM Variable Motor

Is this a good deal or am I being ripped?

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 4:11:03 PM UTC-5, lionmessy wrote:
Hi,

I received a quote for

Keeprite 96% 100,000 BTU Furnace G9MVE, Two stage heat, ECM Variable Motor

Is this a good deal or am I being ripped?

Thanks.

Sorry, I am in toronto, and the price is Canadian dollars.
Posted to alt.home.repair

lionmessy wrote:
Hi,

I received a quote for

Keeprite 96% 100,000 BTU Furnace G9MVE, Two stage heat, ECM Variable Motor

Is this a good deal or am I being ripped?

Thanks.

Did you just received a quote? VS ECM motor if goes, that is big buck
item. Instead I chose X13 type DC motor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/29/2016 4:10 PM, lionmessy wrote:
Hi,

I received a quote for

Keeprite 96% 100,000 BTU Furnace G9MVE, Two stage heat, ECM Variable Motor

Is this a good deal or am I being ripped?

Thanks.

I went to the store and looked at an item. Was
it over priced?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 4:11:03 PM UTC-5, lionmessy wrote:
Hi,

I received a quote for

Keeprite 96% 100,000 BTU Furnace G9MVE, Two stage heat, ECM Variable Motor

Is this a good deal or am I being ripped?

Thanks.

Sorry that I forgot to state the price, it is C$3,700.00 plus GST
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi,
I received a quote for Keeprite 96% 100,000 BTU Furnace G9MVE
Two stage heat, ECM Variable Motor
Is this a good deal or am I being ripped?
Thanks.

Sorry that I forgot to state the price, it is C$3,700.00 plus GST

1. Cash & Carry ? or installed ?

2. Installed properly & legally & safely & inspected ?
... or just " installed " nudge - wink .. ?

3. old retro fit or newer install ? ductwork issues ?

4. Warranty / service plan details ?
lowest price might be attached to a ridiculous service plan

... way-too-many various variables -
for a proper opinion - good luck - keep warm.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 4:11:03 PM UTC-5, lionmessy wrote:
Hi,

I received a quote for

Keeprite 96% 100,000 BTU Furnace G9MVE, Two stage heat, ECM Variable Motor

Is this a good deal or am I being ripped?

Thanks.

installed with duct work, manufacturer waranty, good previous experience with this contractor, my concern is the price good?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 13:10:57 -0800 (PST), lionmessy
wrote:

Hi,

I received a quote for

Keeprite 96% 100,000 BTU Furnace G9MVE, Two stage heat, ECM Variable Motor

Is this a good deal or am I being ripped?

Thanks.

Not if you paid veinte centavo.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 5:48:53 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 4:11:03 PM UTC-5, lionmessy wrote:
Hi,

I received a quote for

Keeprite 96% 100,000 BTU Furnace G9MVE, Two stage heat, ECM Variable Motor

Is this a good deal or am I being ripped?

Thanks.

installed with duct work, manufacturer waranty, good previous experience with this contractor, my concern is the price good?

IDK about Keeprite, never heard of them. But similar eqpt from say
Rheem or Goodman can be had for ~$1800 US. That's just the furnace.
Then you have the miscellaneous stuff that you need to go with it
condensate pump, any duct work needed, Filter? Electonic/Media type?
Is it replacing an existing condensing furnace or does this involve
running new PVC pipes for venting, etc?

Given that for many jobs the total cost winds up being about 2X the
cost of the parts, that quote sounds reasonable. The best way to find
if the price is good is to get a couple more quotes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi,
I received a quote for
Keeprite 96% 100,000 BTU Furnace G9MVE, Two stage heat, ECM Variable Motor
Is this a good deal or am I being ripped?
Thanks.

installed with duct work, manufacturer waranty, good previous experience with this contractor, my concern is the price good?

If this respected & trusted quote - when compared with all the
_other quotes_ - all being fully broken down, in writing,
for parts & labour & inspection costs - is the quote that you
feel most able to sign onto - it's perfect ! Go with it !
Come back any time for more useful advice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/29/2016 6:25 PM, trader_4 wrote:

installed with duct work, manufacturer warranty, good previous experience with this contractor, my concern is the price good?

IDK about Keeprite, never heard of them. But similar eqpt from say
Rheem or Goodman can be had for ~$1800 US. That's just the furnace.
Then you have the miscellaneous stuff that you need to go with it
condensate pump, any duct work needed, Filter? Electonic/Media type?
Is it replacing an existing condensing furnace or does this involve
running new PVC pipes for venting, etc?

Given that for many jobs the total cost winds up being about 2X the
cost of the parts, that quote sounds reasonable. The best way to find
if the price is good is to get a couple more quotes.

Never heard of them but they are a part of United Technology, a huge
company that makes P & W jet engines and Otis elevators
http://www.keeprite.com/en/us/products/gas-furnaces/

The price sounds reasonable though. Depending on the work needed, a few
hundred bucks either way may be in order.
Posted to alt.home.repair

re the motors

read this especially the comment at the end

http://www.achrnews.com/articles/112...r-technologies

Mark
Posted to alt.home.repair

"lionmessy" wrote in message
Hi,

I received a quote for

Keeprite 96% 100,000 BTU Furnace G9MVE, Two stage heat, ECM Variable Motor

Is this a good deal or am I being ripped?

Thanks.

Why 100,000 BTU? Is your house huge or do you not have any insulation.

I have over 2000 square feet on one level plus finished basement, north of
Toronto and my furnace is a high efficiency 2 stage 80,000 BTU model and it
has an easy time keeping the house warm on the coldest nights.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 1:55:53 PM UTC-5, EXT wrote:
"lionmessy" wrote in message
Hi,

I received a quote for

Keeprite 96% 100,000 BTU Furnace G9MVE, Two stage heat, ECM Variable Motor

Is this a good deal or am I being ripped?

Thanks.

Why 100,000 BTU? Is your house huge or do you not have any insulation.

I have over 2000 square feet on one level plus finished basement, north of
Toronto and my furnace is a high efficiency 2 stage 80,000 BTU model and it
has an easy time keeping the house warm on the coldest nights.

It's a good point. You do want it to be sized right. And if he's going
from a 25 year old 80% unit, he almost certainly would want to go
down in size. I replaced my 150K with a 120K and it's fine. If I had
to do it over, I'd probably go with 100K. But the slightly bigger one
is good with faster recovery, which I like.