bkcham85

Default sewage backup, cleanout cap HELP !!!

I recently had sewage back up from my toilets and showers. I live in
a house built in the 1960s and it didn't have a cleanout cap. On the
advice of my plumber I had one put in in my front yard (where the
metal pipes exiting the house connect with the clay pipe which exits
to the main sewer line in the street). After the cleanout cap was put
in , the plumber snaked the main clay pipe and found no roots clogging
it. He said there were roots right where the metal pipe connected to
the clay pipe and removed those roots. My plumbing worked fine for a
few weeks, but today I again had sewage backup in my toilets and
showers and some overflowed out of the clean out cap. The sewage
backup seems to happen when the clothes washer is draining and
somebody is flushing the toilet or taking a shower at the same time.
Anybody have any ideas?? Thanks.
Edwin Pawlowski

"bkcham85" wrote in message
The sewage
backup seems to happen when the clothes washer is draining and
somebody is flushing the toilet or taking a shower at the same time.
Anybody have any ideas?? Thanks.

Yes, there is still a partial blockage somewhere past the cleanout since
that is leaking also. . Maybe old, maybe new, but it is definitely blocking
up. If not in your line, it is in the main line.

Speedy Jim

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"bkcham85" wrote in message
The sewage
backup seems to happen when the clothes washer is draining and
somebody is flushing the toilet or taking a shower at the same time.
Anybody have any ideas?? Thanks.

Yes, there is still a partial blockage somewhere past the cleanout since
that is leaking also. . Maybe old, maybe new, but it is definitely blocking
up. If not in your line, it is in the main line.

Agreed. And it may take a video cam in the lateral run to find out
the real cause. See if the guy who did the work will co-operate
to find what he missed.

Jim
ameijers

"bkcham85" wrote in message
om...
I recently had sewage back up from my toilets and showers. I live in
a house built in the 1960s and it didn't have a cleanout cap. On the
advice of my plumber I had one put in in my front yard (where the
metal pipes exiting the house connect with the clay pipe which exits
to the main sewer line in the street). After the cleanout cap was put
in , the plumber snaked the main clay pipe and found no roots clogging
it. He said there were roots right where the metal pipe connected to
the clay pipe and removed those roots. My plumbing worked fine for a
few weeks, but today I again had sewage backup in my toilets and
showers and some overflowed out of the clean out cap. The sewage
backup seems to happen when the clothes washer is draining and
somebody is flushing the toilet or taking a shower at the same time.
Anybody have any ideas?? Thanks.

Sure it's actual clay pipe, and not that weird orange fiber stuff (can't
remember the name) that looks like clay? Symptoms sound like a partially
collapsed line. On a house I own that had repeated problems, I finally said
the hell with it and replaced the orange stuff with plastic, all the way to
the line in the street. No more problems. Life is too short to worry about
having a working place to take a dump, bite the bullet and never have to
think about it again.

aem sends...