DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A/C vs. swamp cooler? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/610399-c-vs-swamp-cooler.html)

rbowman May 12th 18 04:37 AM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On 05/11/2018 07:08 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Fri, 11 May 2018 03:27:57 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/10/2018 11:24 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Thu, 10 May 2018 04:06:18 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/09/2018 01:24 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 09 May 2018 11:51:07 +0100,
wrote:

On Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 4:36:59 PM UTC-4, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
wrote:
On Tue, 08 May 2018 20:58:52 +0100, Clare Snyder

wrote:

On Tue, 8 May 2018 10:01:41 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 5/7/2018 7:26 PM, wrote:

Most gas furnaces in the US are forced air distribution just
like
the
AC unit and use the same duct system. Using water and radiators
went
away shortly after WWII. I never lived in a house with a
radiator.

Here in New England water is still used a lot. I have baseboard
and it
does an excellent job providing even heat and no noise. Central
AC is
not as popular here as in warmer climates.

Another reason is fuel. Oil is still the most used and works
best
with
water. Electric, either resistance or heat pump is very
expensive
here
with the highest rates in the country.
Oil Forced Air was the "standard" for North American central
heat
for decades. A LOT less problems than hydronics - and if the power
goes out and it gets cold Hydronics can get REAL EXPENSIVE, and
REAL
FAST!!!!!

Why would a water based system cost more in a power outage?

The pipes freeze and burst.

While it's running?!?

Power outage? Running?

Ever heard of lagging? It should take a very long time to freeze up
pipes. And central heating pipes tend to be inside the house, the
chances of the inside of the house falling below freezing are pretty
slim.

Um-hmmm.

What part of that do you disagree with?

When it's around 0 F the house gets cold pretty damn fast. Even if the
heat isn't off plumbing in a crawl space can freeze. You've obviously
never spent quality time laying on your back with a propane torch trying
to get the water going without burning down the ****ing shack.

rbowman May 12th 18 04:44 AM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On 05/11/2018 11:29 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Fri, 11 May 2018 03:34:05 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/10/2018 11:27 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Thu, 10 May 2018 05:01:24 +0100, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Wed, 9 May 2018 20:35:43 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 05/09/2018 10:43 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 09 May 2018 05:05:21 +0100, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/08/2018 01:51 PM, wrote:
OTOH those people die here when it is 90f 90r/h and they brag about
jogging when it is 105 on Phoenix. I can be out there in the
afternoon
mixing concrete in a wheelbarrow.

If humans were supposed to live in 90%+ humidity we would still have
gills.

We're 90% water anyway aren't we?

And you've never been to Houston in the summertime either...

Or visited Victoria Falls in October - - - - - - - RH exceding 100%

That's ok, you can cool off in the waterfall.

BTW, there's another Victoria falls, slightly smaller, in Scotland.

Does it have crocodiles?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bride-who...095739256.html

Most likely not. I think the UK only has those in zoos.
Why the **** don't you just wipe those *******s out? You've got enough
guns....
The government could put a price on them and every man and his dog would
go out a killin!

You're confused. There are a few American crocodiles down at the ass end
of Florida. Considering the other **** at the ass end of Florida like
Cubans, Salvadorans, and other low life the crocs are the least of the
problem. And look at all the trouble George Zimmerman got into shooting
a protected species...

rbowman May 12th 18 04:45 AM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On 05/11/2018 11:31 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Fri, 11 May 2018 05:54:59 +0100, Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 12:59:17 PM UTC-5, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
wrote:
On Thu, 10 May 2018 08:58:41 +0100, Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 1:58:56 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
On 09/05/2018 22:02, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 3:16:49 PM UTC-5, Jimmy Wilkinson
Knife wrote:
On Wed, 09 May 2018 20:48:34 +0100, Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 2:27:40 PM UTC-5,
wrote:
On Wed, 09 May 2018 17:45:09 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Wed, 09 May 2018 05:34:05 +0100, Bod
wrote:

On 09/05/2018 04:13, rbowman wrote:
On 05/08/2018 03:43 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
It's not so much the water getting out as air (well
hydrogen) being
created from rust inside the radiators and blocking the
flow of water.
Why can't someone invent a water pump that can cope with
an air bubble?

Switch to steam heat; the radiators have air vents.

All water central heating radiators have air vents. If they
didn't,
they'd have lots of air inside them.

The trouble is they aren't automatic. And it assumes that
the vents are always where the air collects. I often get air stuck
in the middle of some piping, or in the pump.

It has been 50 years since I was around a radiator but the
ones we had
in my high school had some kind of vent on the side that
seemed to be
letting air/steam out a lot.

There were steam radiators at the old Catholic Parochial gulag
I attended in the 1950's and as I recall the vent on the side of the
radiators was always hissing and spitting out a bit of steam. Then
the diocese built a modern new school that had through the wall units
under the windows. I don't recall if they were AC units since it was
a long time ago but come to think of it, it was cooler during the
summer months inside the new school. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Tortured Monster

Replying to your sig.... were you tortured by priests when
younger?
--
No, I was tortured by nuns. My first-grade teacher was an
American nun named Sister Godzilla then in the second grade, the

[8~{} Uncle Tortured Monster

"capital punishment" They used to kill children!!!!!?
--
Bod

An exaggeration. They just made you wish you were dead. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Killed Monster

I'd mudwrestle a nun.
--

My first grade teacher, Sister Godzilla, was an American. I think she
must have been a tomboy as a girl because she was hell on the baseball

[8~{} Uncle Old Monster

Tomboys are sexy.

Yeah, iirc you sort of liked Chelsea Manning...

Uncle Monster[_2_] May 12th 18 05:33 AM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Friday, May 11, 2018 at 10:33:18 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 05/11/2018 06:52 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

by and said "Pink and blue! Is this for a nursery?'

Only women care about colours.

Paint it black.

One of the best songs ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVrvaOt7vss

The best part of 'Tour of Duty' was the soundtrack. I was going to get
the DVDs from Netflix but there was a problem with the copyrighted tunes
so they stripped them all and dubbed in some pop ****.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJVpihgwE18

I clicked on your first link and I'll be darned if a full episode of The Rat Patrol didn't appear next to it. 1966 just came flooding back. I was a teenager and couldn't wait for the next episode. There were no VCR's so we had to make sure we were sitting in front of the TV when the shows came on. Dang! When I pulled up the list for the entire series, I saw an episode of Combat! Darnit! Now I'm going to be tied up watching those TV shows from the last century. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...TPVR4EtYnxRt0-

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+full+episodes

[8~{} Uncle TV Monster

Bod[_3_] May 12th 18 05:46 AM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

wrote:

On 5/7/2018 7:26 PM, wrote:

[...]

Wouldn't using a hair dryer make more sense ?

--
Bod

Ed Pawlowski May 12th 18 05:57 AM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

wrote:

On 5/7/2018 7:26 PM, wrote:

[...]

Maybe for a minor freeze but a big one takes a lot of btu. There are
devices like welders where you clamp the leads on the tubing and it
heats it.

rbowman May 12th 18 07:03 AM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On 05/11/2018 10:33 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I clicked on your first link and I'll be darned if a full episode of The Rat Patrol didn't appear next to it. 1966 just came flooding back. I was a teenager and couldn't wait for the next episode. There were no VCR's so we had to make sure we were sitting in front of the TV when the shows came on. Dang! When I pulled up the list for the entire series, I saw an episode of Combat! Darnit! Now I'm going to be tied up watching those TV shows from the last century. ^_^

I've got a Fire TV dongle and have been watching some of the stuff
Amazon has available, 'Route 66', 'Yancy Derringer', and 'Peter Gunn'.

'Peter Gunn' is the real period offering. First of all Gunn and most of
the other characters are always smoking. Everybody carries a revolver
which was par for 1958. The bad guys tend to get shot and die with no
messy trials. That part is a little hokey. One hit from a .38 Special
and they fall down dead. One of them even died immediately after being
hit by a thrown switchblade. Yancy Derringer is more believable when the
redskin (played by a German) opens up with his 12 gauge although that
has a few instant knife kills and Derringer is remarkably deadly with
his Sharps pepperbox.

Uncle Monster[_2_] May 12th 18 07:56 AM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 1:03:04 AM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
[...]

I have a 7" Fire tablet and I bought the protective housing for it after I dropped it a few times. Now I drop it all the time but the case protects it.. I've been watching the Andromeda TV series on the little 7" tablet when I visit the toilet to drop a load of Readymix. I used to take a magazine or newspaper(remember them) with me to the bathroom when I needed to rid myself of toxic solid waste. Ain't technology amazing? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Toxic Monster

Peeler[_2_] May 12th 18 10:42 AM

ESPECIALLY Senile Yank Alert!

On Fri, 11 May 2018 19:50:44 -0700 (PDT), Auntie Senile Moron drooled and
driveled again:

Especially when muddy.
--

Or in small swimming pool filled with Jello. snicker ^_^

You poor lonely senile oaf! tsk

[8~{} Auntie Yellow Moron

Peeler[_2_] May 12th 18 10:42 AM

lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Fri, 11 May 2018 21:45:25 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling
senile idiot, blabbered again:

Tomboys are sexy.

Yeah, iirc you sort of liked Chelsea Manning...

Guess why he likes you effeminate senile Yankietards so much!

Peeler[_2_] May 12th 18 10:43 AM

lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Fri, 11 May 2018 21:37:43 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling
senile idiot, blabbered again:

What part of that do you disagree with?

When it's around 0 F the house gets cold pretty damn fast.

NOT when you two inseparable cocksucking idiots are huddled up together!

Peeler[_2_] May 12th 18 10:43 AM

lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Fri, 11 May 2018 21:33:58 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling

You NEED ****, lowbrowman! Your addiction to the **** troll reveals it!

Peeler[_2_] May 12th 18 10:44 AM

lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Fri, 11 May 2018 21:44:01 -0600, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling
senile idiot, blabbered again:

You're confused.

No, he's just gay...

There are a few American crocodiles down at the ass end of Florida.
Considering the other **** at the ass end

....and so are obviously you, cocksucking senile oaf!

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 12th 18 02:50 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Sat, 12 May 2018 03:50:44 +0100, Uncle Monster wrote:

wrote:

[...]

When I was a young feller, I liked to wrassle with tomboys. They were a lot of fun. ^_^

Especially when muddy.
--

Or in small swimming pool filled with Jello. snicker ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Jello Monster

https://www.sexyandfunny.com/watch_v...ing_79857.html

--
Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, and the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off.

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 12th 18 02:51 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

Shoot them too. Why the **** do Americans have guns if they don't use them?

and other low life the crocs are the least of the
problem. And look at all the trouble George Zimmerman got into shooting
a protected species...

We shouldn't protect species that wish to kill us on sight.

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 12th 18 02:53 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

wrote:

[...]

Not when I know what she was! Tomboy and transsexual are vastly different things!

--
Women do not snore, burp, sweat, or fart.
Therefore, they must "bitch" or they will blow up.

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 12th 18 02:54 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

wrote:

On 5/7/2018 7:26 PM, wrote:

[...]

We don't get 0F in Scotland. If you do, you really ought to insulate better.

What annoys me is the way that under the floor is vented to the outside! WTF? Vent it to the inside, then it stays warmer and dryer.

--
A group of cowboys were branding some cattle.
While they were out the cook saw a sheep tied to a post. Thinking it was for that nights dinner he cooked it.

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 12th 18 02:54 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

Not a ****y little EU specification one.

--
Scientists recently conducted a marijuana taste test.
Nobody seems to be able to remember the results.

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 12th 18 02:55 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Sat, 12 May 2018 07:56:22 +0100, Uncle Monster wrote:

[...]

Can you come over and fill my foundation trench for me?

--
In the event that all else has failed, and it seems tempting to actually read the instructions, don't panic: Get a bigger hammer!

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 12th 18 02:56 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Sat, 12 May 2018 07:03:42 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/11/2018 10:33 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I clicked on your first link and I'll be darned if a full episode of The Rat Patrol didn't appear next to it. 1966 just came flooding back. I was a teenager and couldn't wait for the next episode. There were no VCR's so we had to make sure we were sitting in front of the TV when the shows came on. Dang! When I pulled up the list for the entire series, I saw an episode of Combat! Darnit! Now I'm going to be tied up watching those TV shows from the last century. ^_^

I've got a Fire TV dongle and have been watching some of the stuff
Amazon has available, 'Route 66', 'Yancy Derringer', and 'Peter Gunn'.

Don't you have to pay for that? I never pay for TV.

[email protected] May 12th 18 04:10 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

wrote:

On 05/08/2018 01:51 PM, wrote:
[...]

Virtually all of the big predators in the US are protected most places
including alligators, American crocs, bears and mountain lions. When
they figured out alligators were doing just fine they opened up a
limited hunting season on them by permit only and they hunt the bears
and mountain lions in some states but not most.
They call a mountain lion a Florida Panther here and it is
"endangered" meaning it has the highest level of protection. We are
over run with black bears too and you can't harm them either. If
Zimmerman had shot a "panther" he would have really been in trouble.

[email protected] May 12th 18 04:15 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Sat, 12 May 2018 14:54:05 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Sat, 12 May 2018 04:37:43 +0100, rbowman wrote:

When it's around 0 F the house gets cold pretty damn fast. Even if the
heat isn't off plumbing in a crawl space can freeze. You've obviously
never spent quality time laying on your back with a propane torch trying
to get the water going without burning down the ****ing shack.

We don't get 0F in Scotland. If you do, you really ought to insulate better.

What annoys me is the way that under the floor is vented to the outside! WTF? Vent it to the inside, then it stays warmer and dryer.

As long as you have that crawl space well insulated that works OK but
you will end up with a higher heat bill. Down here in Florida they
will backfill that stem wall with dirt and pour the slab over it.
Problem solved.

Ed Pawlowski May 12th 18 04:28 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On 5/12/2018 9:56 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I've got a Fire TV dongle and have been watching some of the stuff
Amazon has available, 'Route 66', 'Yancy Derringer', and 'Peter Gunn'.

Don't you have to pay for that?* I never pay for TV.

It is one of the benefits with Prime that you pay for. Plenty of OTA
free TV available, but if you want more, you pay for cable/sat.

[email protected] May 12th 18 05:23 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Sat, 12 May 2018 11:28:36 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/12/2018 9:56 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I've got a Fire TV dongle and have been watching some of the stuff
Amazon has available, 'Route 66', 'Yancy Derringer', and 'Peter Gunn'.

Don't you have to pay for that?Â* I never pay for TV.

It is one of the benefits with Prime that you pay for. Plenty of OTA
free TV available, but if you want more, you pay for cable/sat.

I am ready to take down the Dish. I just haven't gotten around to it
and every time I talk to them they cut the price again.

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 12th 18 05:57 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

wrote:

On 05/08/2018 01:51 PM, wrote:
[...]

I really don't see the point in protecting such vicious animals. FFS you can keep them in zoos if you really must.

--
I'm not as drunk as thinkle may peep.

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 12th 18 05:58 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

wrote:

On Sat, 12 May 2018 04:37:43 +0100, rbowman wrote:

When it's around 0 F the house gets cold pretty damn fast. Even if the
heat isn't off plumbing in a crawl space can freeze. You've obviously
never spent quality time laying on your back with a propane torch trying
to get the water going without burning down the ****ing shack.

We don't get 0F in Scotland. If you do, you really ought to insulate better.

What annoys me is the way that under the floor is vented to the outside! WTF? Vent it to the inside, then it stays warmer and dryer.

As long as you have that crawl space well insulated that works OK but
you will end up with a higher heat bill. Down here in Florida they
will backfill that stem wall with dirt and pour the slab over it.
Problem solved.

But that's the problem, insulating the crawl space from the house, then allowing outside cold damp air into it, makes the crawl space as though it was outside, so it's cold and damp. I thought that's what they were trying to avoid, so the wood floor doesn't rot.

--
Why don't Siamese cats come in pairs?

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 12th 18 06:01 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Sat, 12 May 2018 16:28:36 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/12/2018 9:56 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I've got a Fire TV dongle and have been watching some of the stuff
Amazon has available, 'Route 66', 'Yancy Derringer', and 'Peter Gunn'.

Don't you have to pay for that? I never pay for TV.

It is one of the benefits with Prime that you pay for. Plenty of OTA
free TV available, but if you want more, you pay for cable/sat.

Since there's a few hundred free channels, why do you need more than that? The film on the pay channel will be on the free channel next year anyway.

--
When a clock is hungry, it goes back four seconds.

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 12th 18 06:02 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

I told our dish company to **** off. Every couple of months they'd phone me up trying to get me to subscribe to more channels. I lost my temper with one of them and told him to close my account. He said I'd have to get passed through to the cancellations dept. I swore repeatedly, put the phone down, then told the bank to ban any payments to them.

--
You can't please everyone. But it IS possible to **** 'em ALL off at the same time.

[email protected] May 12th 18 06:28 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

wrote:

[...]

The thought is the crawl space should be well ventilated so it is not
damp but I was not a fan and I would not buy a house with a crawl
space. The guy I knew who had one went the other way, insulated it and
it was usually not that much cooler than the house.

[email protected] May 12th 18 06:29 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

On Sat, 12 May 2018 18:01:18 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"
wrote:

On Sat, 12 May 2018 16:28:36 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/12/2018 9:56 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I've got a Fire TV dongle and have been watching some of the stuff
Amazon has available, 'Route 66', 'Yancy Derringer', and 'Peter Gunn'.

Don't you have to pay for that? I never pay for TV.

It is one of the benefits with Prime that you pay for. Plenty of OTA
free TV available, but if you want more, you pay for cable/sat.

Since there's a few hundred free channels, why do you need more than that? The film on the pay channel will be on the free channel next year anyway.

Some of us just hate the commercials although a DVR tends to dampen
that a bit since you can run delayed and skip over them.

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 12th 18 06:32 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

wrote:

[...]

But it will be it will be precisely as damp as outdoors.

but I was not a fan and I would not buy a house with a crawl space.

That would be a bugger putting in pipes and wires.

The guy I knew who had one went the other way, insulated it and
it was usually not that much cooler than the house.

I sealed mine off from outdoors and let some air from the house into it. Much dryer.

--
What should you do if a girl sits on your hand?
Try to get her off.

Peeler[_2_] May 12th 18 07:20 PM

Troll-feeding Senile Yank Alert!

On Sat, 12 May 2018 11:15:33 -0400, , the mentally
challenged, notorious, troll-feeding retard, blabbered again:

will backfill that stem wall with dirt and pour the slab over it.
Problem solved.

I'd like to fill your stupid senile Yankie gob with dirt and shut you up for
good, you endlessly driveling senile Yankietard!

Peeler[_2_] May 12th 18 07:21 PM

Troll-feeding Senile Yank Alert!

On Sat, 12 May 2018 13:28:38 -0400, , the mentally
challenged, notorious, troll-feeding retard, blabbered again:

space. The guy I knew who had one went the other way, insulated it and
it was usually not that much cooler than the house.

Someone needs to insulate your endlessly driveling senile Yankie gob!

Peeler[_2_] May 12th 18 07:21 PM

Troll-feeding Senile Yanks Alert!

On Sat, 12 May 2018 11:28:36 -0400, Ed Pawlowski, the notorious,
troll-feeding Yankietard, blathered again:

Don't you have to pay for that?* I never pay for TV.

It is one of the benefits with Prime that you pay for. Plenty of OTA
free TV available, but if you want more, you pay for cable/sat.

I really wish I could kick the teeth out of you endlessly driveling senile
Yankie idiots! But then, you senile oafs ALREADY got no teeth! LOL

Peeler[_2_] May 12th 18 07:22 PM

Troll-feeding Senile Yanks Alert!

On Sat, 12 May 2018 13:29:56 -0400, , the mentally
challenged, notorious, troll-feeding retard, blabbered again:

Since there's a few hundred free channels, why do you need more than
that? The film on the pay channel will be on the free channel next year
anyway.

Some of us just hate the commercials although a DVR tends to dampen
that a bit since you can run delayed and skip over them.

You see, Yankietard, the main difference is that the Scottish sow is poor
and dumb, while you Yankietards are rich and dumb!

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 12th 18 07:23 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

wrote:

On Sat, 12 May 2018 16:28:36 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/12/2018 9:56 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I've got a Fire TV dongle and have been watching some of the stuff
Amazon has available, 'Route 66', 'Yancy Derringer', and 'Peter Gunn'.

Don't you have to pay for that? I never pay for TV.

It is one of the benefits with Prime that you pay for. Plenty of OTA
free TV available, but if you want more, you pay for cable/sat.

Since there's a few hundred free channels, why do you need more than that? The film on the pay channel will be on the free channel next year anyway.

Some of us just hate the commercials although a DVR tends to dampen
that a bit since you can run delayed and skip over them.

It dampens it completely. I haven't watched an ad since they were invented. And since I have three ad blockers running in my browser, I don't see adverts online either. It always seems to amaze folk when they talk about a current advert and I have no idea what they're on about.

And since I watch all TV online, whoever ripped it removed the ads for me.

--
If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kick boxing.

Peeler[_2_] May 12th 18 07:23 PM

Troll-feeding Senile Yanks Alert!

On Sat, 12 May 2018 11:10:51 -0400, , the mentally
challenged, notorious, troll-feeding retard, blabbered again:

We shouldn't protect species that wish to kill us on sight.

Virtually all of the big predators in the US are protected most places
including alligators, American crocs, bears and mountain lions.

Yeah, they seem to care more about their wild animals in the US than about
their lonely senile dying geezers that need to hang out on Usenet and are
thankful that some abnormal sick Scottish troll keeps baiting them and
engaging them in endless idiotic "discussions"! BG

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife May 12th 18 08:19 PM

A/C vs. swamp cooler?

wrote:

On 05/08/2018 01:51 PM, wrote:
[...]

I've yet to hear a sensible reason why racism is wrong.

--
"I wonder who discovered we could get milk from cows and what the **** did he think he was doing?!" -- Billy Connolly