Rick

Default Spastic Trane XL14I?

Hello,

I have a relatively new xl14i with variable speed air handler. When
the compressor outside shuts off, the air handler ramps down like it
should. But then the air handler soon after ramps up again then down,
waits a bit, then ramps up then back down and so on for a couple of
minutes. Then it shuts off. Is this some kind of energy efficiency
thing - in that it's trying to get all the "cold" off the heat
exchanger - or is it just spastic? It's cooling just fine and nothing
else seems out of the ordinary. I'm running the Trane thermostat on
manual - not using any program.

Any ideas?
SQLit

"Rick" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I have a relatively new xl14i with variable speed air handler. When
the compressor outside shuts off, the air handler ramps down like it
should. But then the air handler soon after ramps up again then down,
waits a bit, then ramps up then back down and so on for a couple of
minutes. Then it shuts off. Is this some kind of energy efficiency
thing - in that it's trying to get all the "cold" off the heat
exchanger - or is it just spastic? It's cooling just fine and nothing
else seems out of the ordinary. I'm running the Trane thermostat on
manual - not using any program.

Any ideas?

Sounds a bit strange. That is exactly how they get the higher seers
My old one would ramp up and then ramp down then off.
I would call someone if it bothers you.
I had gas heat with the old unit and when I went into heat mode the fan
would start then shut off wait a while then start again. I just ignored it.