Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk

Default TheAmerican's Creed

"BurfordTJustice" wrote in message news

http://imgbox.com/MS26xM7n

This is the American's Creed we recited in school in the 1960s, along with
the Pledge of Allegiance:

"I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by
the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent
of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many
sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon
those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which
American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.

"I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its
Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it
against all enemies."

http://www.nationalwarmemorialregist...morial-marker/

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/66/54/df/6...-americans.jpg

It is a statement of the defining element of American identity, first
formulated by Thomas Jefferson and elaborated by many others, that includes
liberty, equality, individualism, populism, and laissez faire. The creed is
an element of American exceptionalism, with British writer G. K. Chesterton
claiming "America is the only nation in the world that is founded on a
creed."