Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why are motors not current limited?

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 00:36:47 +0100, Clare Snyder wrote:

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018 18:30:34 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article , says....

In the UK there are two types. Pay for damage to others, and pay for everything including your own vehicle. I have the latter as they're pretty much the same price if you have a good driving record and a cheap car.

"Collision insurance" is a ****ing stupid description, as that's about the only thing that can happen to your car.

We get ripped off big time here. There are several kinds of insurance.

Usually, but I dont think all states require the one where you pay for
damage to others. One that pays for your car if your fault. One for say
for some reason the car is sitting without no one in it and it catches
fire or a tree limb falls on it, or say a car in front of you throws a
rock from the pavement and breaks your windshield. Another that pays if
the other driver does not have any or enough insurance. That is almost
needed as we have a problem you probably do not. Too many illegals in
the country that drive without any license. There are some more on top
of those.

3 kinds of insurance.

Public liabilityand property damage (usually a mandatory minimum)
Collision (pays damage to your vehicle when in motion)
Comprehensive (also known as fire theft and glass - ) which covers
damage to your car when NOT in motion.

Odd, in the UK the 2nd and 3rd ones you list are the other way round.
Almost all public liability ones include fire and theft. Sometimes you can save £20 by not having them.
Fully comp (which pays for your car when you crash it) is the extra larger expense we usually choose to have or not.
For some reason fully comp for me costs no more at all, probably because of the low value of the car.

Included with the PL&PD, and mandatory in mnost provinces and states,
is personal injury coverage on occumants of the car.

Here in Ontario that is what is driving up the cost of insurance - to
a very LARGE extent due to INSURANCE FRAUD.

What kind of fraud are you referring to? Give an example of how you might fraud your insurance company.

--
A government survey has shown that 91% of illegal immigrants come to this country so that they can see their own doctor.