Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk

Default Chinese investment in the US falls sharply in 2017

On 04/11/2018 03:21 AM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 20:05:18 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 04/10/2018 04:46 PM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 13:35:16 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 04/10/2018 10:27 AM, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
Yunno, all those poor peasants just waiting for Uncle Sam to save them
with modern day Model T's.

I imagine Tata will get there first. Uncle can't build a Model T without
16 airbags, ABS, traction control, backup camera, proximity warnings,
keyless access, and a partridge in a pear tree.

I doubt if I will ever buy another new car. It's not that I couldn't
afford it but I take objection to all the government mandated ****. I
wonder if I can find a rust free 1964 Beetle?

and the jackboots. The pedals aren't made for sneakers.

I'm sure my combat boots will be just fine. Those hobnails are rough on
the carpeting anyway.

I buy really low mileage older cars. Ridiculously good value. If it's
simple I fix it otherwise I give it to the man. By simple I mean less
hassle than booking it in, driving to and from the garage which is one
minute away... I only clean it myself because the car wash cowboys leave
it stinking like a tart's boudoir.

I figure as my vision and reflexes start to go I'll revert to my youth:

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0001_large.jpg

My '62 was a grand car. It weighted in at over 5000 pounds, had a 430
cubic inch engine and could effortlessly cruise at 120. That vintage is
pricey these days, around 35 to 40 thousand, but the mid-70s are still
less than a new car. Some had the 460 cid engine and still have the
gravitas of a Sherman tank without the 75 mm gun. Just let some GenX
moron in their little Miata **** me off.

Many of our roads aren't that wide.

We went to Quebec city for our honeymoon. The old parts are very
romantic and date back to de Champlain and 1608. I parked the barge in
the hotel garage and rented a Dodge Colt, which was a rebadged
Mitsubishi. Japanese cars weren't what they are now. On our way up, I'd
cruised at about 100 with my new bride snoozing. With the Colt every
time I got it up to 25, which took a while, she started to panic and
asked me to slow down. I was glad to retrieve the Lincoln from its cave.