Sy

--
Please post and reply to

Nocturnal1 July 23rd 04 02:33 PM

Can't turn off my ceiling fan

shut off the breaker - remove, repair or replace fan switch or the whole
fan.

wrote in message

I have a Hunter-Douglas (Home Depot) ceiling fan in my office.

It has one of those chain "puller" switches to adjust the speed and to
turn it on or off. As I was turning on the fan, the chain pulled out
and now I can't turn the fan off because there is no other switch (that
I know of) to turn it off.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sy

--
Please post and reply to

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com July 23rd 04 06:14 PM

Can't turn off my ceiling fan

Don't cross- post this stiuff to alt.hvac.

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:14:05 GMT, wrote:

I have a Hunter-Douglas (Home Depot) ceiling fan in my office.

It has one of those chain "puller" switches to adjust the speed and to
turn it on or off. As I was turning on the fan, the chain pulled out
and now I can't turn the fan off because there is no other switch (that
I know of) to turn it off.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sy

HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free Temperature / Pressure charts for 38 Ref's http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/

JerryL July 23rd 04 06:51 PM

Can't turn off my ceiling fan

wrote in message
Don't cross- post this stiuff to alt.hvac.

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:14:05 GMT, wrote:

I have a Hunter-Douglas (Home Depot) ceiling fan in my office.

It has one of those chain "puller" switches to adjust the speed and to
turn it on or off. As I was turning on the fan, the chain pulled out
and now I can't turn the fan off because there is no other switch (that
I know of) to turn it off.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sy

Bring it back to HD. If you have the receipt they'll refund the whole
price. If you don't have the receipt, they'll give you back a credit for the
lowest that particular fan sold for.