Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Armed officer at Florida school shooting 'never went inside toconfront gunman'

The armed officer on duty at the Florida school hit by a shooting
massacre never went inside to confront the gunman and has been placed
under investigation, police have announced.

The school resource officer took up a position viewing the western
entrance of the building that was under attack for more than four
minutes, but "he never went in", Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said.

The officer, Scot Peterson, was suspended without pay and placed under
investigation before choosing to resign.

Mr Israel said the deputy should have "went in, addressed the killer,
killed the killer€¯.

The sheriff said that he was "devastated, sick to my stomach€¯.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a3773806.html
--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/23/18 1:23 AM, Bod wrote:
The armed officer on duty at the Florida school hit by a shooting
massacre never went inside to confront the gunman and has been placed
under investigation, police have announced.

The school resource officer took up a position viewing the western
entrance of the building that was under attack for more than four
minutes, but "he never went in", Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said.

The officer, Scot Peterson, was suspended without pay and placed under
investigation before choosing to resign.

Mr Israel said the deputy should have "went in, addressed the killer,
killed the killer€¯.

The sheriff said that he was "devastated, sick to my stomach€¯.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a3773806.html

Some of the worst and best of humans came out that day.
There's this story of
an ROTC enrollee who held a door open so others could run. He died
and will be
buried with a rare honor.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/20/army-awards-heroism-medals-to-jrotc-cadets-killed-in-florida-school-shooting.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/23/2018 12:23 AM, Bod wrote:
The armed officer on duty at the Florida school hit by a shooting
massacre never went inside to confront the gunman and has been placed
under investigation, police have announced.

The school resource officer took up a position viewing the western
entrance of the building that was under attack for more than four
minutes, but "he never went in", Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said.

Let's see...

'See something, say something': FAIL

Armed officers on site: FAIL

Well know to local law enforcement. They had responded to call involving
Cruz over 20 times with no action taken. FAIL

Firearms secured in a safe. Cruz had a key, which the foster parents
reportedly knew about. FAIL

Not much has been said about the foster parents. In the US foster homes
are often in it only for the money. While they didn't come out and say
'but he was a good boy' they were obviously not paying attention. FAIL

Mental health professionals: have some more Xanax. FAIL

From prior incidents, background checks passed because agency A doesn't
talk to agency B. FAIL

Solution: make approximately 50% of the firearms in the country legal.
Righto! Have car rental companies rescind discounts to NRA members.
Sayonara National. Demonize the NRA and its members. Guess I'll have to
start wearing that cheap Chinese NRA ballcap.

The officer had his thirty in and will presumably collect his pension by
resigning before he was fired. Want to bet he takes his pension and
moves a long way from Florida? He still is going to wake up at 3AM
remembering an unarmed coach died trying to protect the kids while he
choked. I wouldn't want to carry that baggage to the grave.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 2:23:57 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
The armed officer on duty at the Florida school hit by a shooting
massacre never went inside to confront the gunman and has been placed
under investigation, police have announced.

The school resource officer took up a position viewing the western
entrance of the building that was under attack for more than four
minutes, but "he never went in", Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said..

The officer, Scot Peterson, was suspended without pay and placed under
investigation before choosing to resign.

Mr Israel said the deputy should have "went in, addressed the killer,
killed the killer€¯.

The sheriff said that he was "devastated, sick to my stomach€¯.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a3773806.html
--
Bod

Which shows another limitation. Even having an armed cop doesn't necessarily
mean that the cop will actually do what they are supposed to do.