Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Heating a washer hose extension

My old washer has a hose extension on it. I bought a new washer and I
am trying to get the hose extension on it. Will warming up the hose
make it easier to get on and will the hose return to it's original
size?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/8/18 8:49 PM, Seymore4Head wrote:
My old washer has a hose extension on it. I bought a new washer and I
am trying to get the hose extension on it. Will warming up the hose
make it easier to get on and will the hose return to it's original
size?

Don't know. Have you tried dish washing soap or hand cleaner
to make things slicker?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 21:04:21 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 2/8/18 8:49 PM, Seymore4Head wrote:
My old washer has a hose extension on it. I bought a new washer and I
am trying to get the hose extension on it. Will warming up the hose
make it easier to get on and will the hose return to it's original
size?

Don't know. Have you tried dish washing soap or hand cleaner
to make things slicker?

Nope. I will give that a try.
Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 9:52:51 PM UTC-5, Seymore4Head wrote:
My old washer has a hose extension on it. I bought a new washer and I
am trying to get the hose extension on it. Will warming up the hose
make it easier to get on and will the hose return to it's original
size?

Heating it in hot water or with a hair dryer should help.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 08 Feb 2018 21:49:14 -0500, Seymore4Head
wrote:

My old washer has a hose extension on it. I bought a new washer and I
am trying to get the hose extension on it. Will warming up the hose
make it easier to get on and will the hose return to it's original
size?

What's a hose extension? Is this a clothes washer, a dish washer, or a
dog washer? Doesn't it take a standard garden hose connector?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My old washer has a hose extension on it. I bought a new washer and I
am trying to get the hose extension on it. Will warming up the hose
make it easier to get on and will the hose return to it's original
size?

What's a hose extension? Is this a clothes washer, a dish washer, or a
dog washer? Doesn't it take a standard garden hose connector?

Oh, you're talking about the output hose, a metal thing that hooks over
the sink, right?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 09 Feb 2018 03:42:42 -0500, Seymore4Head
wrote:

What's a hose extension? Is this a clothes washer, a dish washer, or a
dog washer? Doesn't it take a standard garden hose connector?

Oh, you're talking about the output hose, a metal thing that hooks over
the sink, right?

Yep That hose

When I put a repair end on a garden hose, if its tough to push into the
hose, I stuck the end in boiling water for a few seconds. If you have a
pan of water large enough, try to use that on your hose. Or maybe just
pour boiling water over the connection. It's never hurt a garden hose. I
dont think it will hurt that hose either, but I am not 100% sure. Heat
softens the hose....