Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leviticus 19:33-34

Calling all Christians, it is time for you to fire up the spin machine!

LOL!

Leviticus 19:33-34 New International Version (NIV)

33 “‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat
them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your
native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I
am the Lord your God.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 15:46:43 +0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"
wrote:

Calling all Christians, it is time for you to fire up the spin machine!

LOL!

You really mean the Jews don't you?
That is the old testament.
Tell it to all of those Israelis who persecute Palestinians.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/8/2018 9:46 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
Calling all Christians, it is time for you to fire up the spin machine!

LOL!

Leviticus 19:33-34 New International Version (NIV)

33 €œ€˜When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat
them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your
native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I
am the Lord your God.

You do realize a lot of water has gone under that bridge since that text
was written, right?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/02/2018 19:58, Muggles wrote:
On 2/8/2018 9:46 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
Calling all Christians, it is time for you to fire up the spin machine!

LOL!

Leviticus 19:33-34 New International Version (NIV)

33 €œ€˜When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat
them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your
native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I
am the Lord your God.

You do realize a lot of water has gone under that bridge since that text
was written, right?

Any excuse will do.

--
Bod

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/8/2018 2:05 PM, Bod wrote:
On 08/02/2018 19:58, Muggles wrote:
On 2/8/2018 9:46 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
Calling all Christians, it is time for you to fire up the spin machine!

LOL!

Leviticus 19:33-34 New International Version (NIV)

33 €œ€˜When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat
them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your
native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I
am the Lord your God.

You do realize a lot of water has gone under that bridge since that text
was written, right?

Any excuse will do.

A detail is worthless without context. Any attempt to try to prove a
premise minus context produces unreliable results.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 2:58:19 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 2/8/2018 9:46 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
Calling all Christians, it is time for you to fire up the spin machine!

LOL!

Leviticus 19:33-34 New International Version (NIV)

33 €œ€˜When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat
them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your
native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I
am the Lord your God.

You do realize a lot of water has gone under that bridge since that text
was written, right?

You're saying you can select things from the Bible as if it were a
cafeteria?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles wrote:

On 2/8/2018 9:46 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
Calling all Christians, it is time for you to fire up the spin
machine!

LOL!

Leviticus 19:33-34 New International Version (NIV)

33 €œ€˜When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not
mistreat them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated
as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners
in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

You do realize a lot of water has gone under that bridge since that
text was written, right?

As if the immigration issue between the Egyptians and the Jews was any
less severe than the one involving brown people in the USA.

LOL!

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 2:58:19 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 2/8/2018 9:46 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
Calling all Christians, it is time for you to fire up the spin
machine!

LOL!

Leviticus 19:33-34 New International Version (NIV)

33 €œ€˜When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not
mistreat them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be
treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were
foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

You do realize a lot of water has gone under that bridge since that
text was written, right?

You're saying you can select things from the Bible as if it were a
cafeteria?

Aggressively grilled hypocrisy, marinated in duck sauce, served over a
bed of horse manure and bull****.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 18:15:49 +0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"

wrote:

Calling all Christians, it is time for you to fire up the spin
machine!

LOL!

You really mean the Jews don't you?
That is the old testament.
Tell it to all of those Israelis who persecute Palestinians.

"That's the old testament" LOL!

To the best of my knowledge, every Christian sect on the planet
incorporates Leviticus and all other books of the old testament into
the Christian Bible.

Since the reference is to Jews in Egypt 2000 years before Christ, I
think you are just showing your ignorance,

And no, my comment was addressed to all of the hypocritical Christians
who read this group.

I know what you were thinking when you plucked a line out of context
and used to for an entirely different purpose. It is just sad.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 13:58:18 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/8/2018 9:46 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
Calling all Christians, it is time for you to fire up the spin machine!

LOL!

Leviticus 19:33-34 New International Version (NIV)

33 €œ€˜When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat
them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your
native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I
am the Lord your God.

You do realize a lot of water has gone under that bridge since that text
was written, right?

He also does not want to recognize that this was written after the
Egyptians drove the Jews out so evidently they were not that welcome.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 20:39:45 +0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"
wrote:

Muggles wrote:

On 2/8/2018 9:46 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
Calling all Christians, it is time for you to fire up the spin
machine!

LOL!

Leviticus 19:33-34 New International Version (NIV)

33 €œ€˜When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not
mistreat them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated
as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners
in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

You do realize a lot of water has gone under that bridge since that
text was written, right?

As if the immigration issue between the Egyptians and the Jews was any
less severe than the one involving brown people in the USA.

LOL!

You do love hyperbole even when it ends up being a lie. We are not
pressing Latinos into slavery and killing them if they don't go to
work on the pyramids.
Oh and the Jews left Egypt in the book before leviticus, they were not
jumping the fence to get in.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/8/18 7:08 PM, Dove Tail wrote:

33 €œ€˜When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat
them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your
native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I
am the Lord your God.

U.S. citizens who break the law are subject to prosecution. Why
shouldn't
the foreigners be?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman wrote:

On 2/8/18 7:08 PM, Dove Tail wrote:

33 €œ€˜When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not
mistreat them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated
as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners
in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

U.S. citizens who break the law are subject to prosecution. Why
shouldn't the foreigners be?

The post was about the word of God, not the word of man, but, nice try.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dove Tail wrote:

Calling all Christians, it is time for you to fire up the spin machine!

Which Christians do you mean? The ones who use this passage to bolster
their position on immigration policy but "spin" the passages on
homosexuality and adultery? Or the ones who do the opposite?

And is it hypocrisy for an atheist to use the Bible in a political
debate?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Neill Massello wrote:

Dove Tail wrote:

Calling all Christians, it is time for you to fire up the spin
machine!

Which Christians do you mean? The ones who use this passage to bolster
their position on immigration policy but "spin" the passages on
homosexuality and adultery? Or the ones who do the opposite?

Neill, did you miss the word "ALL"?

And is it hypocrisy for an atheist to use the Bible in a political
debate?

How is it hypocritical for one person to introduce the dogma and
rhetoric of the group being addressed? "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is
what you say you believe."

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/8/2018 2:16 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 2:58:19 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 2/8/2018 9:46 AM, Dove Tail wrote:
Calling all Christians, it is time for you to fire up the spin machine!

LOL!

Leviticus 19:33-34 New International Version (NIV)

33 €œ€˜When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat
them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your
native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I
am the Lord your God.

You do realize a lot of water has gone under that bridge since that text
was written, right?

You're saying you can select things from the Bible as if it were a
cafeteria?

No, I'm saying a selection's interpretation is dependent upon it's context.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 23:25:58 +0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"

wrote:

Calling all Christians, it is time for you to fire up the spin
machine!

LOL!
You really mean the Jews don't you?
That is the old testament.
Tell it to all of those Israelis who persecute Palestinians.

"That's the old testament" LOL!

To the best of my knowledge, every Christian sect on the planet
incorporates Leviticus and all other books of the old testament into
the Christian Bible.

Since the reference is to Jews in Egypt 2000 years before Christ, I
think you are just showing your ignorance,

Your "logic" is flawed.

Christian sects proclaim everything in the Bible to be the inspired
word of God and, as such, it is timeless, unerring and or infallible.

Resultantly Leviticus is as pertinent today as it ever was for all who
"believe" in the Bible.

And no, my comment was addressed to all of the hypocritical
Christians who read this group.

I know what you were thinking when you plucked a line out of context
and used to for an entirely different purpose. It is just sad.

Says the man who is incapable of staying on topic.

When your "topic" is largely bull****, it is hard to stay with it and
not be as stupid as you.
Most Christians do not really believe every word of the bible is true
and most are what the .01% of the truly fundamentalists call "god in
the gaps" meaning they believe in science, all of it. You just want to
zero in on the fraction of a percent and paint everyone with that
brush. I could cite the most radical antifa communists and say that
was what all democrats believe but that would not be accurate. I know
the difference. I am not sure you do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 02:40:54 +0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"
wrote:

Neill Massello wrote:

Dove Tail wrote:

Calling all Christians, it is time for you to fire up the spin
machine!

Which Christians do you mean? The ones who use this passage to bolster
their position on immigration policy but "spin" the passages on
homosexuality and adultery? Or the ones who do the opposite?

Neill, did you miss the word "ALL"?

And is it hypocrisy for an atheist to use the Bible in a political
debate?

How is it hypocritical for one person to introduce the dogma and
rhetoric of the group being addressed? "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is
what you say you believe."

Do you want to own everything the most radical atheists say? Pretty
soon you will be embracing nazis. I understand Marx is already in your
creed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 14:43:56 +0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"

Says the man who is incapable of staying on topic.

When your "topic" is largely bull****, it is hard to stay with it and
not be as stupid as you.
Most Christians do not really believe every word of the bible is true
and most are what the .01% of the truly fundamentalists call "god in
the gaps" meaning they believe in science, all of it.

Ahhh, so you endorse the cafeteria plan version of Christianity.

Never let the word of God interfere with your political agenda,
business practices, prejudice or bias.

I am sure you can explain that to St. Peter at the pearly gates.

I really have no brand loyalty in my spirituality. I think most
religions carry valuable lessons but there is a lot of dogma and
superstition I am not comfortable with.
I was just giving you the fact that most self identified christians,
jews and even muslims do not take every word in their chosen text as
the word of god.
It does not mean there is no value there and taken as a whole, the
commonality between them tends to be the most valid.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 07:45:22 -0700, rbowman wrote:

On 02/08/2018 09:46 PM, wrote:
Most Christians do not really believe every word of the bible is true
and most are what the .01% of the truly fundamentalists call "god in
the gaps" meaning they believe in science, all of it. You just want to
zero in on the fraction of a percent and paint everyone with that
brush. I could cite the most radical antifa communists and say that
was what all democrats believe but that would not be accurate. I know
the difference. I am not sure you do.

I don't know about the .01% part. The current US Representative from
Montana is a believer in 6000 year old dinosaurs.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/sto...seum/83681042/

I work with a couple of people with the same belief. They are college
educated software engineers. They can recite quasi-scientific jargon in
support of their view.

How many people identify as some brand of christian or jew and how
many of those people think the Flintstones was a documentary? (dino
the pet dinosaur) .01% is not that bad a number.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/10/18 10:27 AM, notX wrote:

Interestingly, when I was old enough to have any idea what Christianity
was (I remember the age of 5), I was sure no one could take THAT
seriously. I'm still not sure anyone does. The Bible never bothered me,
it was obvious fantasy. Same with Santa Claus.

The Bible says the Apostles spent about three years around Jesus.
Outside sources say most were tortured to death for traveling around
proclaiming Him God. They were apparently killed in different places
and different times. Why would they be willing to suffer such deaths
if they weren't convinced of His death and resurrection?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/10/2018 10:40 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 2/10/18 10:27 AM, notX wrote:

Interestingly, when I was old enough to have any idea what
Christianity was (I remember the age of 5), I was sure no one could
take THAT seriously. I'm still not sure anyone does. The Bible never
bothered me, it was obvious fantasy. Same with Santa Claus.

The Bible says the Apostles spent about three years around Jesus.
Outside sources say most were tortured to death for traveling around
proclaiming Him God. They were apparently killed in different places
and different times. Why would they be willing to suffer such deaths
if they weren't convinced of His death and resurrection?

Why did the Heaven's Gate community commit mass suicide when their ride
didn't show up? Or Jim Jones? How many Marxists died promoting the
gospel of their god, Karl Marx?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman wrote:

On 2/10/18 10:27 AM, notX wrote:

Interestingly, when I was old enough to have any idea what
Christianity was (I remember the age of 5), I was sure no one
could take THAT seriously. I'm still not sure anyone does. The
Bible never bothered me, it was obvious fantasy. Same with Santa
Claus.

The Bible says the Apostles spent about three years around
Jesus. Outside sources say most were tortured to death for traveling
around proclaiming Him God. They were apparently killed in different
places and different times. Why would they be willing to suffer such
deaths if they weren't convinced of His death and resurrection?

Why? Because it was a cult.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 9:46:47 AM UTC-6, Dove Tail wrote:
Calling all Christians, it is time for you to fire up the spin machine!

LOL!

Leviticus 19:33-34 New International Version (NIV)

33 æ·˜When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat
them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your
native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I
am the Lord your God.
--

So says Dove Anus the North Korean troll. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Observant Monster