Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Smooth Sharp-Edge Chip on Pyrex Glass Lid

On 1/29/18 4:33 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
I managed to chip the edge of an old Pyrex glass lid to an eight inch
rectangular storage container. Is there a way to smooth the sharp edge
it left on the lip of the lid- or at least make it not sharp so it's
usable again?

I've got a Dremel tool and an assortment of wheels/disks but I'm not
sure if Pyrex glass can be polished.

A Dremel mounted fine stone smoothed it pretty well but magnifier
inspection showed what look like very tiny hairlines radiating away from
the original chip. I've concluded it's not safe for food storage and
deep-sixed it. Thanks for all the suggestions!

--
Make America great again? Hell, I'd be happy if they just made it
America again.