Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is true LED light bulbs are more hardy when dimmable ?

Is true LED light bulbs are more hardy when dimmable ?

Am buying LED house bulbs, one hundred, and am told that dimmable is more
strong from power movements of voltage.

Is true?
Is false?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 12:50:53 AM UTC-6, Timofei Krasniqi wrote:
Is true LED light bulbs are more hardy when dimmable ?

Am buying LED house bulbs, one hundred, and am told that dimmable is more
strong from power movements of voltage.

Is true?
Is false?

Maybe yes, maybe no. It all depends on which framastan is used. _^

[8~{} Uncle Unpredictable Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/21/2018 01:50 AM, Timofei Krasniqi wrote:
Is true LED light bulbs are more hardy when dimmable ?

Am buying LED house bulbs, one hundred, and am told that dimmable is more
strong from power movements of voltage.

Is true?
Is false?

I'd be more worried about the color temperature and and to a lesser extent the color rendering index.Â* I've been buying Philips LEDs since they were introduced and have not had one fail yet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/21/2018 8:25 AM, Sunny wrote:
On 01/21/2018 01:50 AM, Timofei Krasniqi wrote:
Is true LED light bulbs are more hardy when dimmable ?

Am buying LED house bulbs, one hundred, and am told that dimmable is more
strong from power movements of voltage.

Is true?
Is false?

I'd be more worried about the color temperature and and to a lesser
extent the color rendering index.Â* I've been buying Philips LEDs since
they were introduced and have not had one fail yet.

I had one fail but I don't know that the bulb was defective or if it was
damaged in handling. Blew out first time it was switched on. I have a
bunch of them and like them. Our preference is the "daylight" as it is
a whiter light.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 1:50:53 AM UTC-5, Timofei Krasniqi wrote:
Is true LED light bulbs are more hardy when dimmable ?

Am buying LED house bulbs, one hundred, and am told that dimmable is more
strong from power movements of voltage.

Is true?
Is false?

It might be based on actually dimming the dimmable ones, I would
expect that could have an effect on life. They generate heat and
failures typically accelerate at higher temperatures.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The heat generated when the light bulbs are actually dimmed is not from the LED itself, but the electronics that control the dimming. The heat generated is probably at a minimum when the bulbs are actually 100% on.