Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Funny plumbing story

Years ago a friend of mine had a clogged shower.

There was no access panel to his plumbing so I cut the wall open with a
Sawzall. Since it was an old house I was not being terribly careful as I
wrongly assumed there would be galvanized pipes.

Nope, I nicked the copper.

After I located the turn off valve, I opened the wall, and soldered the
nick I had made.

Evidently the steam I created in the line cleared the clog, and my buddy
called me a genius.

That said, I decided to to do any more repairs for him, I quit while I
was ahead.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 09:49:10 -0600, philo wrote:

Years ago a friend of mine had a clogged shower.

There was no access panel to his plumbing so I cut the wall open with a
Sawzall. Since it was an old house I was not being terribly careful as I
wrongly assumed there would be galvanized pipes.

Nope, I nicked the copper.

After I located the turn off valve, I opened the wall, and soldered the
nick I had made.

Evidently the steam I created in the line cleared the clog, and my buddy
called me a genius.

That said, I decided to to do any more repairs for him, I quit while I
was ahead.

I was on a new construction home job. The plumber was installing
three (3) water heaters in tandem (garage), put the last fitting on
and soldered. Just a tiny leak when the water was turned on. Never
got enough heat to loosen the pipe due to the filled pipe.

Suggested he drill a 16" hole on the low end bottom, drain the water,
fix the leak. It only took a moment to get the fitting off and then
put a drop of solider on the tiny hole. TADA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/18/2018 09:49 AM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 18:47:40 -0600, philo wrote:

On 01/17/2018 04:14 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 09:49:10 -0600, philo wrote:

Years ago a friend of mine had a clogged shower.

There was no access panel to his plumbing so I cut the wall open with a
Sawzallto get the fitting off and then
put a drop of solider on the tiny hole. TADA

16" hole....nice!

Oops :-)

I knew what you meant though