DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   386 v in a 220 v house? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/603011-386-v-220-v-house.html)

Oumati Asami January 6th 18 10:28 AM

386 v in a 220 v house?

This house has 3-phase power.

A while ago, two of the five spot lights in the bathroom stopped
working. They used 12 V light bulbs. I removed the two transformers and
replaced the two light bulbs with 220 V ones. They work now, three 12 V
and two 220 V bulbs. However, the lights in the walking closet stopped
working. I checked the voltage at the switch. It's 386 V.

What did I do wrong?

[email protected] January 6th 18 12:20 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

https://electronics.stackexchange.co...hases-for-220v

Uncle Monster[_2_] January 6th 18 12:51 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 4:28:06 AM UTC-6, Oumati Asami wrote:
This house has 3-phase power.

A while ago, two of the five spot lights in the bathroom stopped
working. They used 12 V light bulbs. I removed the two transformers and
replaced the two light bulbs with 220 V ones. They work now, three 12 V
and two 220 V bulbs. However, the lights in the walking closet stopped
working. I checked the voltage at the switch. It's 386 V.

What did I do wrong?

If you are on Planet Earth, it would help if you mentioned what country you reside in and what electric utility company supplies power to your home. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Electrified Monster

Hank Jones January 6th 18 02:29 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

On 01/06/2018 07:51 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 4:28:06 AM UTC-6, Oumati Asami wrote:
This house has 3-phase power.

A while ago, two of the five spot lights in the bathroom stopped
working. They used 12 V light bulbs. I removed the two transformers and
replaced the two light bulbs with 220 V ones. They work now, three 12 V
and two 220 V bulbs. However, the lights in the walking closet stopped
working. I checked the voltage at the switch. It's 386 V.

What did I do wrong?

If you are on Planet Earth, it would help if you mentioned what country you reside in and what electric utility company supplies power to your home. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Electrified Monster

My guess is Burma or Keeling Islands.

Ed Pawlowski January 6th 18 03:45 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

On 01/06/2018 07:51 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

If you are on Planet Earth, it would help if you mentioned what
country you reside in and what electric utility company supplies power
to your home. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Electrified Monster

The county may help, but why the utility company. Is there a difference
in electric from National Grid and United Illuminating? They both look
the same in the wire.

[email protected] January 6th 18 04:21 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

wrote:

This house has 3-phase power.

A while ago, two of the five spot lights in the bathroom stopped
working. They used 12 V light bulbs. I removed the two transformers and
replaced the two light bulbs with 220 V ones. They work now, three 12 V
and two 220 V bulbs. However, the lights in the walking closet stopped
working. I checked the voltage at the switch. It's 386 V.

What did I do wrong?

You are going from line to line. Your equipment expects line to
neutral that will be 220v.

(for you American guys, this is not unusual in Europe or anywhere the
brits used to rule)

Uncle Monster[_2_] January 6th 18 04:24 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 9:45:20 AM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 01/06/2018 07:51 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

If you are on Planet Earth, it would help if you mentioned what
country you reside in and what electric utility company supplies power
to your home. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Electrified Monster

The county may help, but why the utility company. Is there a difference
in electric from National Grid and United Illuminating? They both look
the same in the wire.

Here, it's Alabama Power and I've managed to speak with the engineering department when I had problems that I knew were due to a faulty transformer on the pole. Most CSR's at the utility companies have no clue when I've tried to discuss technical issues with them. If the OP would post his country and power utility, I could look it up on the Internet and see if there is a way to contact their engineering department. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Net Monster

[email protected] January 6th 18 04:58 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

If you are on Planet Earth, it would help if you mentioned what
country you reside in and what electric utility company supplies power
to your home. ^_^
[8~{} Uncle Electrified Monster

The county may help, but why the utility company. Is there a difference
in electric from National Grid and United Illuminating? They both look
the same in the wire.

Here, it's Alabama Power and I've managed to speak with the engineering department
when I had problems that I knew were due to a faulty transformer on the pole.
Most CSR's at the utility companies have no clue when I've tried to discuss
technical issues with them. If the OP would post his country and power utility,
I could look it up on the Internet and see if there is a way to contact their
engineering department. ^_^
[8~{} Uncle Net Monster

Don't forget to give him the contact info for their electrical
safety and inspection department as well ..

https://www.nextnature.net/2014/05/d...orks-in-india/

John T.

[email protected] January 6th 18 05:01 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

wrote:

This house has 3-phase power.

A while ago, two of the five spot lights in the bathroom stopped
working. They used 12 V light bulbs. I removed the two transformers and
replaced the two light bulbs with 220 V ones. They work now, three 12 V
and two 220 V bulbs. However, the lights in the walking closet stopped
working. I checked the voltage at the switch. It's 386 V.

What did I do wrong?

You'll find out in a few days. After the house fire burns that place to
the ground.

David January 6th 18 05:13 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

wrote:

This house has 3-phase power.

A while ago, two of the five spot lights in the bathroom stopped
working. They used 12 V light bulbs. I removed the two transformers and
replaced the two light bulbs with 220 V ones. They work now, three 12 V
and two 220 V bulbs. However, the lights in the walking closet stopped
working. I checked the voltage at the switch. It's 386 V.

What did I do wrong?

You'll find out in a few days. After the house fire burns that place to
the ground.

LOL
An' what's up with that walking closet anywho??

jism to pussy infections in here now

David January 6th 18 05:15 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

wrote:

This house has 3-phase power.

A while ago, two of the five spot lights in the bathroom stopped
working. They used 12 V light bulbs. I removed the two transformers and
replaced the two light bulbs with 220 V ones. They work now, three 12 V
and two 220 V bulbs. However, the lights in the walking closet stopped
working. I checked the voltage at the switch. It's 386 V.

What did I do wrong?

You'll find out in a few days. After the house fire burns that place to
the ground.

LOL
An' what's up with that walking closet anywho??

jism to pussy infections in here now

In yer mouth?

those two

Doug Laidlaw[_2_] January 6th 18 06:14 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

On 07/01/18 04:12, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
You'll find out in a few days. After the house fire burns that place to
the ground.

That was my reaction as well. OI have no idea where the 386 volt
reading came from. I would call in an electrician. Repairs by an
unqualified person may void house insurance, as well as being
potentially lethal.

Doug.

% January 6th 18 06:22 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

On 2018-01-06 11:15 AM, David wrote:

"Doug Laidlaw"Â* wrote in message ...
On 07/01/18 04:12, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
You'll find out in a few days. After the house fire burns that place to
the ground.

That was my reaction as well.Â* OI have no idea where the 386 volt
reading came from.Â* I would call in an electrician. Repairs by an
unqualified person may void house insurance, as well as being
potentially lethal.

Doug.

I'm unqualified.

you do it then

Doug Laidlaw[_2_] January 6th 18 06:25 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

On 07/01/18 05:14, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
On 07/01/18 04:12, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
You'll find out in a few days. After the house fire burns that place to
the ground.

That was my reaction as well.Â* OI have no idea where the 386 volt
reading came from.Â* I would call in an electrician. Repairs by an
unqualified person may void house insurance, as well as being
potentially lethal.

Doug.

And if you do kill or injure somebody, doing your own repairs without
any qualifications would make it very difficult to argue that it wasn't
your fault.

% January 6th 18 06:28 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

On 2018-01-06 11:25 AM, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
On 07/01/18 05:14, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
On 07/01/18 04:12, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
You'll find out in a few days. After the house fire burns that place to
the ground.

That was my reaction as well.Â* OI have no idea where the 386 volt
reading came from.Â* I would call in an electrician. Repairs by an
unqualified person may void house insurance, as well as being
potentially lethal.

Doug.

And if you do kill or injure somebody, doing your own repairs without
any qualifications would make it very difficult to argue that it wasn't
your fault.

and then you'll get 386 in your 220 house

David January 6th 18 07:09 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

David January 6th 18 07:21 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

Barney[_4_] January 6th 18 07:25 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

On 1/6/2018 1:14 PM, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
On 07/01/18 04:12, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
You'll find out in a few days. After the house fire burns that place to
the ground.

That was my reaction as well.Â* OI have no idea where the 386 volt reading came from.Â* I would call in an electrician. Repairs by an unqualified person may void house insurance, as well as being potentially lethal.

Doug.

And Child Protective Services will confiscate his children because he endangered them.

jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew pedophile Baruch 'Barry' Shein's jew aliash)[_2_] January 6th 18 09:13 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

On Sat, 6 Jan 2018 11:13:13 -0600, "David" wrote:

wrote:

This house has 3-phase power.

A while ago, two of the five spot lights in the bathroom stopped
working. They used 12 V light bulbs. I removed the two transformers and
replaced the two light bulbs with 220 V ones. They work now, three 12 V
and two 220 V bulbs. However, the lights in the walking closet stopped
working. I checked the voltage at the switch. It's 386 V.

What did I do wrong?

You'll find out in a few days. After the house fire burns that place to
the ground.

LOL
An' what's up with that walking closet anywho??

jism to pussy infections in here now

Are, they spreading?

- -

Arizona."
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), acknowledging that he lied

" My real name's McGill. The jew thing I do for the homeboys.
They all expect a pipe hitting member of the tribe, so to speak."
- Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk). "Better Call Saul" (2015)

"Die Juden sind unser Unglück!"
- Heinrich von Treitschke (1834 - 1896)

ass?"
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), bemoaning the depletion of jews
David January 7th 18 12:11 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

wrote:

[...]

I guess he likes me, I am in my spell check.

jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew pedophile Baruch 'Barry' Shein's jew aliash)[_2_] January 7th 18 01:10 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

On Sun, 7 Jan 2018 06:11:16 -0600, "David" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

This house has 3-phase power.

A while ago, two of the five spot lights in the bathroom stopped
working. They used 12 V light bulbs. I removed the two transformers and
replaced the two light bulbs with 220 V ones. They work now, three 12 V
and two 220 V bulbs. However, the lights in the walking closet stopped
working. I checked the voltage at the switch. It's 386 V.

What did I do wrong?

You'll find out in a few days. After the house fire burns that place to
the ground.

LOL
An' what's up with that walking closet anywho??

jism to pussy infections in here now

Are, they spreading?

I guess he likes me, I am in my spell check.

You spellcheck your own name???

- -

David January 7th 18 05:17 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

aliash)" wrote in message

On Sun, 7 Jan 2018 06:11:16 -0600, "David" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

no, just my posts if they are underlined.

jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew pedophile Baruch 'Barry' Shein's jew aliash)[_2_] January 8th 18 01:14 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

wrote:

This house has 3-phase power.

A while ago, two of the five spot lights in the bathroom stopped
working. They used 12 V light bulbs. I removed the two transformers
and
replaced the two light bulbs with 220 V ones. They work now, three 12
and two 220 V bulbs. However, the lights in the walking closet stopped
working. I checked the voltage at the switch. It's 386 V.

What did I do wrong?

You'll find out in a few days. After the house fire burns that place to
the ground.

LOL
An' what's up with that walking closet anywho??

jism to pussy infections in here now

Are, they spreading?

I guess he likes me, I am in my spell check.

You spellcheck your own name???

no, just my posts if they are underlined.

Ignore the spellchecks...they're coded by illiterates such as the
Foreskin Peeler.

they do that when I am like that

Get it right the first time and you don't need spellchecks.

- -

David January 8th 18 01:20 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

wrote:

[...]

I can't help it.

jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew pedophile Baruch 'Barry' Shein's jew aliash)[_2_] January 8th 18 02:23 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 07:20:12 -0600, "David" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Are you dysxelic?

- -

Arizona."
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), acknowledging that he lied

" My real name's McGill. The jew thing I do for the homeboys.
They all expect a pipe hitting member of the tribe, so to speak."
- Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk). "Better Call Saul" (2015)

"Die Juden sind unser Unglück!"
- Heinrich von Treitschke (1834 - 1896)

ass?"
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), bemoaning the depletion of jews
jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew pedophile Baruch 'Barry' Shein's jew aliash)[_2_] January 8th 18 08:19 PM

386 v in a 220 v house?

On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 11:57:37 -0800, "fake vet Scatboi Colon La Edmund
J. Burke" wrote:

I am so pleased to see folks taking an interest in elecktrics.

Wot *I* want to know is where the electricity went!

- -