Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, BUT - Not politics!

Happy New Year! We've always had a southern meal for New Years day:
Ham, black-eyed peas with pork seasoning, and greens.

Does anyone else have a tradition you do for New Years day?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 11:24:47 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
Happy New Year! We've always had a southern meal for New Years day:
Ham, black-eyed peas with pork seasoning, and greens.

Does anyone else have a tradition you do for New Years day?

No, we never have. We do turkey on Thanksgiving, and my in-laws'
breakfast casserole on Christmas morning, but other than that we
eat what we feel like.

We are having a reprise of the breakfast casserole tomorrow. I
believe this is the second or third time we've done that, so
perhaps it has become a tradition.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2017 11:44 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Does anyone else have a tradition you do for New Years day?

No, we never have. We do turkey on Thanksgiving, and my in-laws'
breakfast casserole on Christmas morning, but other than that we
eat what we feel like.

We are having a reprise of the breakfast casserole tomorrow. I
believe this is the second or third time we've done that, so
perhaps it has become a tradition.

Cindy Hamilton

Pork roast. Been doing it for 51 years so far.

I've never done the breakfast casserole, but it would be nice to have
something prepared ahead and just tossed in the oven.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 Dec 2017 08:44:11 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 11:24:47 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
Happy New Year! We've always had a southern meal for New Years day:
Ham, black-eyed peas with pork seasoning, and greens.

Does anyone else have a tradition you do for New Years day?

No, we never have. We do turkey on Thanksgiving, and my in-laws'
breakfast casserole on Christmas morning, but other than that we
eat what we feel like.

We are having a reprise of the breakfast casserole tomorrow. I
believe this is the second or third time we've done that, so
perhaps it has become a tradition.

Cindy Hamilton

Our whole extended family (my mother's side of the family - she was
oldest of 14) get together for a big potluck NewYeard Day at noon. 4
or 5 generations. Still 12 of the original 14 living, 3 out of
province (from Virginia to BC) - but makes for a pretty good bunch. Of
coarse not ALL the third generation and beyond attend, but most of the
second who live within about 200 miles.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 Dec 2017 11:55:44 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/31/2017 11:44 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Does anyone else have a tradition you do for New Years day?

No, we never have. We do turkey on Thanksgiving, and my in-laws'
breakfast casserole on Christmas morning, but other than that we
eat what we feel like.

We are having a reprise of the breakfast casserole tomorrow. I
believe this is the second or third time we've done that, so
perhaps it has become a tradition.

Cindy Hamilton

Pork roast. Been doing it for 51 years so far.

I've never done the breakfast casserole, but it would be nice to have
something prepared ahead and just tossed in the oven.

We do the breakfast casserole Christmas morning - take it over to the
youngest daughter's house for opening gifts with the kids (and the
dogs).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2017 10:44 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 11:24:47 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
Happy New Year! We've always had a southern meal for New Years day:
Ham, black-eyed peas with pork seasoning, and greens.

Does anyone else have a tradition you do for New Years day?

No, we never have. We do turkey on Thanksgiving, and my in-laws'
breakfast casserole on Christmas morning, but other than that we
eat what we feel like.

We are having a reprise of the breakfast casserole tomorrow. I
believe this is the second or third time we've done that, so
perhaps it has become a tradition.

Cindy Hamilton

We used to do the breakfast omelette when the kids were growing up, but
don't do that, any more.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2017 11:24 AM, Muggles wrote:
Happy New Year! We've always had a southern meal for New Years day:
Ham, black-eyed peas with pork seasoning, and greens.

Does anyone else have a tradition you do for New Years day?

My wife, of Greek extraction, always has a St. Basil's bread which
contains a coin and whoever gets it is supposed to have good luck for
the year. Kids and their families all go for it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles wrote:

Happy New Year! We've always had a southern meal for New Years day:
Ham, black-eyed peas with pork seasoning, and greens.

Does anyone else have a tradition you do for New Years day?

Eating legumes on New Year's Day is a good luck tradition in many
cultures. In our family, it was lentils.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/2/2018 8:55 AM, Frank wrote:
On 12/31/2017 11:24 AM, Muggles wrote:
Happy New Year!Â* We've always had a southern meal for New Years day:
Ham, black-eyed peas with pork seasoning, and greens.

Does anyone else have a tradition you do for New Years day?

My wife, of Greek extraction, always has a St. Basil's bread which
contains a coin and whoever gets it is supposed to have good luck for
the year.Â* Kids and their families all go for it.

Careful chewing the bread. There's valuables in it!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/2/2018 9:05 PM, Neill Massello wrote:
Muggles wrote:

Happy New Year! We've always had a southern meal for New Years day:
Ham, black-eyed peas with pork seasoning, and greens.

Does anyone else have a tradition you do for New Years day?

Eating legumes on New Year's Day is a good luck tradition in many
cultures. In our family, it was lentils.

Do you prepare them with pork seasoning, too?

--
Maggie