Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ThomasSowell

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 13:07:53 +0100, abelard
wrote in

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 12:07:10 +0000, "p-0''0-h the cat (coder)"
wrote:

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 07:00:59 -0500, "BurfordTJustice"
wrote:

"A friend from India told me that a countryman of his said: 'I want to go to
America. I want to see a country where poor people are fat.'" --ThomasSowell

Sarcasm. All the more funny for you taking it seriously.

where is your argument...i missed it in among your essay

Around here most of the "poor" people (welfare recipients) are indeed
very obese. I can see why at the check-out line in the grocery store.
Their baskets are loaded with high starch, sugar, and fatty foods.
They deserve to be both fat and poor. What they don't deserve is the
welfare.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"A friend from India told me that a countryman of his said: 'I want to go to
America. I want to see a country where poor people are fat.'" --ThomasSowell

Sarcasm. All the more funny for you taking it seriously.

where is your argument...i missed it in among your essay

Around here most of the "poor" people (welfare recipients) are indeed
very obese. I can see why at the check-out line in the grocery store.
Their baskets are loaded with high starch, sugar, and fatty foods.
They deserve to be both fat and poor. What they don't deserve is the
welfare.

They're behaving perfectly rationally. They maximize the number
of calories that they get for the money.

They're not behaving wisely, however.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to VinnyB, Iggy wrote:
Sure, high fat foods have something to do with being fat and outright obese,
but nothing else does. Just moderate weekly exercise (30-minutes or more of
cutting the grass or shoveling snow or cleaning the house) with a lower amount
of fats will keep you in acceptable shape, not slim or thin but a bulgy cuddly
acceptable.

I've been off fruits and vegetables almost entirely for this century so far
and there was and is no difference at all. But, I'd absolutely side with them
and have a bowl or 2 of Cap'n Crunch Peanut Butter (cereals are low-fat
actually) over a bowl of vegetables or some completely worthless salad. See it
worked my pee is neon...yeah, um, doy, that's your body saying thanks but no
thanks.

But, I also laugh when some place tries to put lettuce, tomato and hideous
onions on my burger. Ooooh, is that a whole 1% of 1% of 1% of my Gov't Liar
Frauds' "RDA", that's sweet you almost saved my life with those scraps of
rabbit food. Though, I also find beauty ads with 20-somethings or spackled
oldies (yes, Jennifer Aniston we can tell, instantly) hilarious.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...l-1153010-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/14/2017 08:54 AM, VinnyB wrote:
Around here most of the "poor" people (welfare recipients) are indeed
very obese. I can see why at the check-out line in the grocery store.
Their baskets are loaded with high starch, sugar, and fatty foods.
They deserve to be both fat and poor. What they don't deserve is the
welfare.

Yep! The more food is processed, the worse it gets.