AussieResc

Default Question about water softener

We recently used Clorox to decontaminate our well. Since then we've lost some
water pressure. According to the plumber who was here for another reason, he
said you often get a buildup in the water softener lines if chlorine is added
to the well and your water has a lot of iron. Is there any way to clear the
lines short of bringing in Culligan and is there a way to prevent this from
happening if we need to do this to the well again?
Pat
A HREF="http://members.aol.com/aussieresc"Aussies in Shelters/A
A HREF="http://members.aol.com/paltm81324"Dakota's Rescue Page/A
Gary Slusser

"AussieResc" wrote in message
We recently used Clorox to decontaminate our well. Since then we've lost

some
water pressure. According to the plumber who was here for another reason,

he
said you often get a buildup in the water softener lines if chlorine is

added
to the well and your water has a lot of iron. Is there any way to clear

the
lines short of bringing in Culligan and is there a way to prevent this

from
happening if we need to do this to the well again?
Pat

This is part of the potential problems when shocking a well. Put the
softener in by-pass and see if the problem dissapears. If so the upper
diffuser and the bottom cone distributor may be blocked. Do a manual
regenetaion and see if that helps. If not then call for service. If the
softener has nothing to do with the problem, then you have aerators or
somethng else blocked and it could be a stop valve or something blocking the
inlet to the pump in the well.

Gary
Quality Water Associates
www.qualitywaterassociates.com