DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Florida school selling bulletproof backpack panels to students (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/599772-florida-school-selling-bulletproof-backpack-panels-students.html)

Bod[_3_] November 10th 17 08:40 AM

Florida school selling bulletproof backpack panels to students

*More than 200 school shootings have taken place across the US since the
infamous Sandy Hook attack in 2012*

What's next, full body armour just to go to school? Wake up, America,
your guns are actually restricting you and making you live in fear. That
is not the freedom that you proclaim.

I expect the usual response to be "no, we need MORE guns".
--
Bod

Harvey Wallbanger November 10th 17 09:36 AM

On 11/10/2017 03:40 AM, Bod wrote:
*More than 200 school shootings have taken place across the US since the infamous Sandy Hook attack in 2012*

What's next, full body armour just to go to school? Wake up, America, your guns are actually restricting you and making you live in fear. That is not the freedom that you proclaim.

I expect the usual response to be "no, we need MORE guns".

Are you familiar with the concept of proximate cause vs ultimate cause?

While this might look like a "gun" problem to the untrained observer, the real or ultimate cause is something else.

I suspect the ultimate cause involves a severe mental disorder.

So the $64k question is "what the hell is ****ing up our kids?"

Bod[_3_] November 10th 17 09:48 AM

On 10/11/2017 09:36, Harvey Wallbanger wrote:
On 11/10/2017 03:40 AM, Bod wrote:
*More than 200 school shootings have taken place across the US since
the infamous Sandy Hook attack in 2012*

What's next, full body armour just to go to school? Wake up, America,
your guns are actually restricting you and making you live in fear.
That is not the freedom that you proclaim.

I expect the usual response to be "no, we need MORE guns".

Are you familiar with the concept of proximate cause vs ultimate cause?

While this might look like a "gun" problem to the untrained observer,
the real or ultimate cause is something else.

I suspect the ultimate cause involves a severe mental disorder.

So the $64k question is "what the hell is ****ing up our kids?"

The same question could be asked about why some UK youngsters are
attacking people with acid. Something fundamentally is wrong.

--
Bod

Dean Hoffman[_12_] November 10th 17 12:23 PM

On 11/10/17 3:48 AM, Bod wrote:
On 10/11/2017 09:36, Harvey Wallbanger wrote:
On 11/10/2017 03:40 AM, Bod wrote:
*More than 200 school shootings have taken place across the US since
the infamous Sandy Hook attack in 2012*

What's next, full body armour just to go to school? Wake up, America,
your guns are actually restricting you and making you live in fear.
That is not the freedom that you proclaim.

I expect the usual response to be "no, we need MORE guns".

Are you familiar with the concept of proximate cause vs ultimate cause?

While this might look like a "gun" problem to the untrained observer,
the real or ultimate cause is something else.

I suspect the ultimate cause involves a severe mental disorder.

So the $64k question is "what the hell is ****ing up our kids?"

The same question could be asked about why some UK youngsters are
attacking people with acid. Something fundamentally is wrong.

Aren't those attacks in the UK religion motivated?

Bod[_3_] November 10th 17 12:27 PM

On 10/11/2017 12:23, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 11/10/17 3:48 AM, Bod wrote:
On 10/11/2017 09:36, Harvey Wallbanger wrote:
On 11/10/2017 03:40 AM, Bod wrote:
*More than 200 school shootings have taken place across the US since
the infamous Sandy Hook attack in 2012*

What's next, full body armour just to go to school? Wake up,
America, your guns are actually restricting you and making you live
in fear. That is not the freedom that you proclaim.

I expect the usual response to be "no, we need MORE guns".

Are you familiar with the concept of proximate cause vs ultimate cause?

While this might look like a "gun" problem to the untrained observer,
the real or ultimate cause is something else.

I suspect the ultimate cause involves a severe mental disorder.

So the $64k question is "what the hell is ****ing up our kids?"

The same question could be asked about why some UK youngsters are
attacking people with acid. Something fundamentally is wrong.

Â*Â*Â* Aren't those attacks in the UK religion motivated?

No, it's young thugs.

--
Bod

Muggles[_22_] November 10th 17 03:17 PM

On 11/10/2017 3:48 AM, Bod wrote:
On 10/11/2017 09:36, Harvey Wallbanger wrote:
On 11/10/2017 03:40 AM, Bod wrote:
*More than 200 school shootings have taken place across the US since
the infamous Sandy Hook attack in 2012*

What's next, full body armour just to go to school? Wake up, America,
your guns are actually restricting you and making you live in fear.
That is not the freedom that you proclaim.

I expect the usual response to be "no, we need MORE guns".

Are you familiar with the concept of proximate cause vs ultimate cause?

While this might look like a "gun" problem to the untrained observer,
the real or ultimate cause is something else.

I suspect the ultimate cause involves a severe mental disorder.

So the $64k question is "what the hell is ****ing up our kids?"

The same question could be asked about why some UK youngsters are
attacking people with acid. Something fundamentally is wrong.

It is growing with a lack of up being taught a moral compass.

--
Maggie

Bod[_3_] November 10th 17 03:46 PM

On 10/11/2017 15:17, Muggles wrote:
On 11/10/2017 3:48 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Yes it's very probable that is part of it.

--
Bod

notbob November 10th 17 03:52 PM

On 2017-11-10, Bod wrote:

Something fundamentally is wrong.

World population is too high. 8|

nb

Meanie[_2_] November 10th 17 04:30 PM

On 11/10/2017 4:48 AM, Bod wrote:
On 10/11/2017 09:36, Harvey Wallbanger wrote:
On 11/10/2017 03:40 AM, Bod wrote:
*More than 200 school shootings have taken place across the US since
the infamous Sandy Hook attack in 2012*

What's next, full body armour just to go to school? Wake up, America,
your guns are actually restricting you and making you live in fear.
That is not the freedom that you proclaim.

I expect the usual response to be "no, we need MORE guns".

Are you familiar with the concept of proximate cause vs ultimate cause?

While this might look like a "gun" problem to the untrained observer,
the real or ultimate cause is something else.

I suspect the ultimate cause involves a severe mental disorder.

So the $64k question is "what the hell is ****ing up our kids?"

The same question could be asked about why some UK youngsters are
attacking people with acid. Something fundamentally is wrong.

And there you have it...on two different forms of weapons still one main
problem. It's not the guns, it's the nutcases using them. Background
checks will be mandatory for those purchasing acid in the UK.

Meanie[_2_] November 10th 17 04:33 PM

On 11/10/2017 3:40 AM, Bod wrote:
*More than 200 school shootings have taken place across the US since the
infamous Sandy Hook attack in 2012*

What's next, full body armour just to go to school? Wake up, America,
your guns are actually restricting you and making you live in fear. That
is not the freedom that you proclaim.

I expect the usual response to be "no, we need MORE guns".

No, we need to ban gun free zones which all schools are considered. What
the idiots don't realize is displaying no gun allowed signs and gun free
zones are an invite to criminals. They may as well display a sign to
them asking them to enter, rob us, shoot us up because we can't fight back.

Eliminate gun free zones then gun carriers have a chance to fight back.

Peeler[_2_] November 10th 17 04:53 PM

Wanker Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 12:33:54 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

The same question could be asked about why some UK youngsters are
attacking people with acid. Something fundamentally is wrong.

The world is overcrowded. Overcrowd any animal and they will argue. As
Australians say, "I need some space".

OK, Birdbrain, then help the world by offing yourself, you blithering idiot!

--
****** Birdbrain giving advice on Usenet on how to procreate:
"I will also admit I would never have kids as only those with perfect genes
Peeler[_2_] November 10th 17 05:41 PM

Wanker Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 16:29:19 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Being half english, you got too much space, between yer teeth.
LOL

Americans are the ones with bad teeth, I already showed you pictures.

The only thing you ever show is that you are a congenital idiot and ******,
Birdbrain!

--
Rob Morley about Birdbrain:
"He's a perennial idiot"

--
JoeyDee to Birdbrain
"I apologize for thinking you were a jerk. You're just someone with an IQ

--
Sam Plusnet about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson Sword" LOL):
"He's just desperate to be noticed. Any attention will do, no matter how

--
asking Birdbrain:
"What, were you dropped on your head as a child?"

--
Christie addressing endlessly driveling Birdbrain Macaw (now "James
Wilkinson" LOL):

--
Mr Pounder's fitting description of Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are a well known fool, a tosser, a pillock, a stupid unemployable

--
Richard to pathetic ****** Hucker:
"You haven't bred?

--
about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
""not the sharpest knife in the drawer"'s parents sure made a serious

--
Mr Pounder exposing sociopathic Birdbrain:
"You will always be a lonely sociopath living in a ******** with no hot

--
francis about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"He seems to have a reputation as someone of limited intelligence"

--
Peter Moylan about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"If people like JWS didn't exist, we would have to find some other way to

Peeler[_2_] November 10th 17 05:43 PM

Wanker Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 16:03:18 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

World population is too high. 8|

Stop child benefits, that would help for a start.

Says, of course, the chronic ******, Hucker himself! BG

Peeler[_2_] November 10th 17 06:47 PM

Wanker Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 17:21:26 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

And there you have it...on two different forms of weapons still one main
problem. It's not the guns, it's the nutcases using them. Background
checks will be mandatory for those purchasing acid in the UK.

Acid does not have to be purchased, it's available freely. If I wanted
some I'd empty out a car battery.

The sociopathic ****** doesn't get it again! tsk

--
More details from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic
"life":

Peeler[_2_] November 10th 17 06:48 PM

Wanker Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 17:20:49 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

No, we need to ban gun free zones which all schools are considered. What
the idiots don't realize is displaying no gun allowed signs and gun free
zones are an invite to criminals. They may as well display a sign to
them asking them to enter, rob us, shoot us up because we can't fight back.

Eliminate gun free zones then gun carriers have a chance to fight back.

Arm all the kids? That'll work.....

Idiot!

--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson") on Pain:
"Pain is not harmful. The victim may well want rid of it, but it's

Oren[_2_] November 10th 17 07:00 PM

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 08:40:37 +0000, Bod wrote:

What's next, full body armour just to go to school? Wake up, America,
your guns are actually restricting you and making you live in fear. That
is not the freedom that you proclaim.

What do you even know about freedom, or even liberty, for that matter?
You clowns live on your knees, because you succumbed to your
government. How many times has your country been invaded and
occupied... Liberty is when you can stand and die ankle deep in spent
cartridges and a smoking hot barrel.

I expect the usual response to be "no, we need MORE guns".

Nobody here has every stated; that I know of ever, has mentioned
"need". It is true "more guns, less crime".

You confuse "need" with "want"! I want guns. Guns and ammo are better
than Gold. I "want" to exercise my rights as a free man with Liberty.

I hope be here the next time you preach to Americans. I'm here to
help.

Sam E November 10th 17 07:54 PM

Florida school selling bulletproof backpack panels to students

On 11/10/2017 09:17 AM, Muggles wrote:

[snip]

It is growing with a lack of up being taught a moral compass.

And this emphasis on bad, where "good" is defined as the absence of bad.
If you're really good you're IGNORED.

When you have a choice between a monster and a lump, sometimes you need
the monster.

Peeler[_2_] November 10th 17 08:36 PM

Wanker Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:56:04 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

FLUSH ******'s usual drivel

Muggles[_22_] November 10th 17 09:34 PM

On 11/10/2017 1:54 PM, Sam E wrote:
On 11/10/2017 09:17 AM, Muggles wrote:

[snip]

It is growing with a lack of up being taught a moral compass.

And this emphasis on bad, where "good" is defined as the absence of bad.
If you're really good you're IGNORED.

When you have a choice between a monster and a lump, sometimes you need
the monster.

Why is "good" defined as the absence of bad?

--
Maggie

Muggles[_22_] November 10th 17 09:37 PM

On 11/10/2017 3:48 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

People with no moral compass are living a life of moral relativism.

--
Maggie

Meanie[_2_] November 10th 17 10:23 PM

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 16:33:36 -0000, Meanie wrote:

On 11/10/2017 3:40 AM, Bod wrote:
*More than 200 school shootings have taken place across the US since the
infamous Sandy Hook attack in 2012*

What's next, full body armour just to go to school? Wake up, America,
your guns are actually restricting you and making you live in fear. That
is not the freedom that you proclaim.

I expect the usual response to be "no, we need MORE guns".

No, we need to ban gun free zones which all schools are considered. What
the idiots don't realize is displaying no gun allowed signs and gun free
zones are an invite to criminals. They may as well display a sign to
them asking them to enter, rob us, shoot us up because we can't fight
back.

Eliminate gun free zones then gun carriers have a chance to fight back.

Arm all the kids?* That'll work.....

Works for me

Meanie[_2_] November 10th 17 10:25 PM

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:00:26 -0000, Oren wrote:

[...]

You get invaded by your own people, in constant fear of the arsehole
living next door.

As I stated to you before, you really need to find better sources.
Though, if you're so inclined to look foolish with your info, we don't
have a problem with that.

Peeler[_2_] November 10th 17 11:29 PM

Wanker Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 23:10:31 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Works for me

You want all the angry teenagers shooting you? Oh dear.

BG Idiot!

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the village idiot's,
sick drivel:

Peeler[_2_] November 10th 17 11:31 PM

Wanker Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 23:10:07 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

I don't need sources to know that everyone having a gun means the
arseholes have them too. Continue living in the wild west if you wish,
I'll stay in the more civilised UK.

You have no choice but to stay in the UK because no other nation is obliged
to support you with monthly checks!

--
Unemployable, mentally handicapped Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson"
LOL) about his life as a dole and welfare who

Ed60062 November 10th 17 11:37 PM

On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 6:34:02 AM UTC-6, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 09:48:13 -0000, Bod bodron57 wrote:

[...]

For the really paranoid who want to destroy data there's nothing like taking the lid off the disk drive and rearranging the sectors with a hammer.

The world is overcrowded. On the other hand, there were wars even when the world population was a fraction of what it is today. There are always some people who have a need to overpower others.

Peeler[_2_] November 11th 17 12:15 AM

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 23:52:30 -0000, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

The world is overcrowded. On the other hand, there were wars even when
the world population was a fraction of what it is today. There are
always some people who have a need to overpower others.

It was probably still overcrowded at the time you're referring to. If
someone has plenty room, they have no need to fight.

Darn, yet another idiot who doesn't know what's wrong with you, sociopath?
BG

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) life as a ******:
"When I was 14, there were places in forests where people would leave

Meanie[_2_] November 11th 17 12:36 AM

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 22:25:34 -0000, Meanie wrote:

[...]

LMFAO.... you mean that great civilized UK where the law abiding
citizens don't have guns yet your criminals and gangs do, in addition to
those other civilized acid throwers, knife users and more. Taking guns
away from law abiding citizens isn't a guarantee to remove from
criminals. Therefore, arm non-criminals citizens to protect themselves.
To complicated for you?

Peeler[_2_] November 11th 17 11:02 AM

Wanker Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 00:57:45 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

LMFAO.... you mean that great civilized UK where the law abiding
citizens don't have guns yet your criminals and gangs do, in addition to
those other civilized acid throwers, knife users and more. Taking guns
away from law abiding citizens isn't a guarantee to remove from
criminals. Therefore, arm non-criminals citizens to protect themselves.
To complicated for you?

You have more gun deaths than us by a HUGE factor. So you're completely wrong.

They have a totally different demography, oh birdbrained one!

--
More details from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic
"mind":

Meanie[_2_] November 11th 17 12:38 PM

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 00:36:46 -0000, Meanie wrote:

[...]

We have 10 times more people than you also. You're wrong and too dense
to understand.

Bod[_3_] November 11th 17 12:47 PM

wrote:

[...]

You're out by quite a bit.
USA 325M
UK 66M

I make that about 5 times more.

--
Bod

Meanie[_2_] November 11th 17 03:01 PM

wrote:

[...]

Per head of population, so you've just shot yourself in the foot and
admitted percentages confuse you.

Wrong, you didn't specify per head. You simply stated more gun deaths.
Get with it.

trader_4 November 11th 17 03:04 PM

On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 2:00:36 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 08:40:37 +0000, Bod wrote:

What's next, full body armour just to go to school? Wake up, America,
your guns are actually restricting you and making you live in fear. That
is not the freedom that you proclaim.

What do you even know about freedom, or even liberty, for that matter?
You clowns live on your knees, because you succumbed to your
government. How many times has your country been invaded and
occupied... Liberty is when you can stand and die ankle deep in spent
cartridges and a smoking hot barrel.

I expect the usual response to be "no, we need MORE guns".

Nobody here has every stated; that I know of ever, has mentioned
"need". It is true "more guns, less crime".

Exactly the opposite is true. There is a direct correlation between
the number of guns in countries and the murder rate. A few obvious
data points, the US compared to the UK or the rest of Europe.

Meanie[_2_] November 11th 17 03:04 PM

wrote:

[...]

Ok, I stand corrected, 5 times more. Still a substantial quantity over
your country.

trader_4 November 11th 17 03:06 PM

wrote:

What's next, full body armour just to go to school? Wake up,
America,
your guns are actually restricting you and making you live in fear.
That
is not the freedom that you proclaim.

What do you even know about freedom, or even liberty, for that
matter?
You clowns live on your knees, because you succumbed to your
government. How many times has your country been invaded and
occupied...Â* Liberty is when you can stand and die ankle deep in
spent
cartridges and a smoking hot barrel.

I expect the usual response to be "no, we need MORE guns".

Nobody here has every stated; that I know of ever, has mentioned
"need".Â* It is true "more guns, less crime".

You confuse "need" with "want"!Â* I want guns. Guns and ammo are
better
than Gold. I "want" to exercise my rights as a free man with
Liberty.

I hope be here the next time you preach to Americans. I'm here to
help.

You get invaded by your own people, in constant fear of the arsehole
living next door.

As I stated to you before, you really need to find better sources.
Though, if you're so inclined to look foolish with your info, we don't
have a problem with that.

I don't need sources to know that everyone having a gun means the
arseholes have them too.Â* Continue living in the wild west if you wish,
I'll stay in the more civilised UK.

LMFAO.... you mean that great civilized UK where the law abiding
citizens don't have guns yet your criminals and gangs do, in addition to
those other civilized acid throwers, knife users and more. Taking guns
away from law abiding citizens isn't a guarantee to remove from
criminals. Therefore, arm non-criminals citizens to protect themselves.
To complicated for you?

You have more gun deaths than us by a HUGE factor.Â*Â* So you're
completely wrong.

We have 10 times more people than you also. You're wrong and too dense
to understand.

You're out by quite a bit.
USA 325M
UK 66M

I make that about 5 times more.

--
Bod

Absolute population is irrelevant. The US murder *rate* is 5 times that
of the UK.

Bod[_3_] November 11th 17 03:10 PM

wrote:

[...]

These are the stats:

Murders with firearms per *million*

UK 0.236
USA 32.57 138 times more than United Kingdom

--
Bod

Bod[_3_] November 11th 17 03:12 PM

wrote:

[...]

Here's the link:

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-...d-States/Crime

--
Bod

a November 11th 17 03:22 PM

wrote:

[...]

What do the statistics look like if you subtract the gangbangers-shootin-gangbangers from the equation?

Meanie[_2_] November 11th 17 04:43 PM

Sword wrote:
[...]

Ok, maybe if you're a dumbass [sic] Merkin you'd still fight.

ROFLMFAO!

Meanie[_2_] November 11th 17 04:54 PM

wrote:

[...]

El Salvador = 6.345 million
Venezuela = 31.57
Guatemala = 16.56
Columbia = 48.65
Honduras = 9.113
Brazil = 207.7

Those are the populations of each country and also in order of the top 6
highest gun deaths in the world with more countries following them
before the US.

The violent crime rate is increasing in the UK. Just because you fear
guns doesn't eliminate the fact they are non existence in your imaginary
utopian country. Gangs and other criminals have them and they are on the
up rise. You like cowering to the criminals, that's your choice, we
don't because we're stronger than you, get over it.