Posted to alt.home.repair

Default MSNBC Guest: Hunters Use Suppressors So Deer Can't Hear Them[VIDEO]

On 10/03/2017 03:36 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 2:01:48 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 2:10:45 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/3/2017 12:12 PM, trader_4 wrote:

MSNBC Guest: Hunters Use Suppressors So Deer Can't Hear Them [VIDEO]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/02/ms...ear-them-video
Which was a point Hillary was making, about how stupid it is that the
GOP has legislation in Congress, under the guise of "hearing protection",
that would make it much easier and cheaper for people to legally
obtain silencers. Do we really need silencers out there too to add
to the problems? It's another example of why so many of us are getting
fed up with the GOP. Not only do they oppose some very basic, minimal
laws that should be on the books, eg closing the private sale background
check loophole, but they are actually trying to make silencers more
readily available. I'm a lifelong Republican and a gun owner, but
this is like Alice in Wonderland crazy.
The silencers do not really cut down the noise that much.
Then I guess the GOP is lying in their current legislation to allow
easier, lower cost access to silencers. The bill is called the
Hearing Protection Act. I know that sounds like something Saturday
Night Live would have on as a spoof, but that's what the GOP is calling
it. Good timing too.

Actually, it is good timing. I never heard about it until this morning
and the LV killings may generate enough publicity to kill the bill.

If there was no sounds in LV I wonder how many more people would have
been killed before it was noticed.

The bill should be properly named too. Who would want to vote against
hearing protection? Many would vote against gun silencers though.

Ed, once again we agree. I'm in favor of gun rights, but the NRA and
the GOP are so extreme now on this, they are out of their minds.
A good example is closing the private sale loophole. This is a very
reasonable measure, yet they oppose it. I sold a gun not long ago.
I did it through a FFL, they did the transfer. Yet these gun rights
nuts claim this is some kind of terrible burden, to have the buyer
be run through the federal check at a FFL, just like they would if
they were buying a gun from a FFL I would feel terrible
if I refused to do a check, sold a gun to someone who was on the list
of felons, nuts, etc and they later used it to kill or injure someone.
But the gun nuts just don't give a damn.

What is a "Gun Rights Nut"? Is that like a "Free Speech Nut" or a "Freedom Of Religion Nut"? Perhaps it's like a "Constitutional Rights Nut"? The worst are those "Trial By A Jury Of Your Peers Nuts", they're the worst. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

[8~{} Uncle Rights Monster

+1