Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Massive Arctic Ice Gain Over The Past Five Years

On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 8:47:04 AM UTC-5, Ned Latham wrote:
BurfordTJustice wrote in :

Massive Arctic Ice Gain Over The Past Five Years

https://realclimatescience.com/2017/09/
40-sea-ice-ice-gain-over-the-past-five-years/

https://tinyurl.com/ycn6e8np

I'd be careful if I were you. The leftards will want your blood for
that.

The climate is falling! The climate is falling! It hit me on the head! Howled
Climate Little, the Climate Chaos Chicken. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Ice Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

BurfordTJustice wrote in :

Massive Arctic Ice Gain Over The Past Five Years

https://realclimatescience.com/2017/09/
40-sea-ice-ice-gain-over-the-past-five-years/

https://tinyurl.com/ycn6e8np

I'd be careful if I were you. The leftards will want your blood for
that.

The climate is falling! The climate is falling! It hit me on the head! Howled
Climate Little, the Climate Chaos Chicken. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Ice Monster

No, it's just junk science, which you trumpet science deniers fall for.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/Has...-recovered.htm

Discussions about the amount of sea ice in the Arctic often confuse two very different measures of how much ice there is. One measure is sea-ice extent which, as the name implies, is a measure of coverage of the ocean where ice covers 15% or more of the surface. It is a two-dimensional measurement; extent does not tell us how thick the ice is. The other measure of Arctic ice, using all three dimensions, is volume, the measure of how much ice there really is.

When we consider the multi-year ice and look at the various measurements of it, we see a steep decline in this thick ice. As you might imagine, thick ice takes a lot more heat to melt, so the fact that it is disappearing so fast is of great concern.

It is clear from the various data sets, terrestrial and satellite, that both the sea ice extent and multi-year ice volume are reducing. Sea ice extent recovered slightly during the Arctic winters of 2008-09, but the full extent of annual ice reduction or gain is seen in September of each year, at the end of the Arctic summer. The volume of multi-year ice has not recovered at all, and is showing a steeply negative trend."

I know that conflicts with your "beliefs", so you won't read it and
will claim that it's too much to read a few paragraphs. Sorry, but
that's how science, the real kind, works. But here's something that
maybe you can understand. If ice is increasing in the Arctic, how
is it that a tanker ship just went through there for the first time
in history without ice breakers to clear the way? Does that simplify
it enough?