Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why so many spark plug numbers for the same thing?

Why so many spark plug numbers for the same thing?

Here's a photo of the tag on my Echo leaf blower.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=9232473sparkplug.jpg

Of course they don't have that size at Home Depot, but they have a
Champion 852ECO

Looking it up, it seems that they all cross reference to
RCJ6Y, CJ6Y, 5852, 852EZ, CJ8, J6C,QCJ6Y, BPMR8Y, BPM8Y, & E3.12

Why so many spark plug numbers for the exact same thing?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2017-09-07, Mad Roger wrote:

Why so many spark plug numbers for the exact same thing?

Different mfrs.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 7 Sep 2017 14:54:58 -0000 (UTC), Mad Roger
wrote:

Why so many spark plug numbers for the same thing?

Here's a photo of the tag on my Echo leaf blower.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=9232473sparkplug.jpg

Of course they don't have that size at Home Depot, but they have a
Champion 852ECO

Looking it up, it seems that they all cross reference to
RCJ6Y, CJ6Y, 5852, 852EZ, CJ8, J6C,QCJ6Y, BPMR8Y, BPM8Y, & E3.12

Why so many spark plug numbers for the exact same thing?

Half of those refer to whether it is a resistor or non resistor plug.
I doubt you have an AM radio in your leaf blower and you would not be
able to hear it if you did so it really does not matter which of the
two you use.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Why so many spark plug numbers for the same thing?
Here's a photo of the tag on my Echo leaf blower.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=9232473sparkplug.jpg
Of course they don't have that size at Home Depot, but they have a
Champion 852ECO
Looking it up, it seems that they all cross reference to
RCJ6Y, CJ6Y, 5852, 852EZ, CJ8, J6C,QCJ6Y, BPMR8Y, BPM8Y, & E3.12
Why so many spark plug numbers for the exact same thing?

Half of those refer to whether it is a resistor or non resistor plug.
I doubt you have an AM radio in your leaf blower and you would not be
able to hear it if you did so it really does not matter which of the
two you use.

Heat range is also involved .. maybe torque also ? dunno.

http://www.nology.com/crossref.html

It's always best to create a chart of cross-referenced maintenance
parts - for all your small engines and machines - then laminate it
and hang it in the shed ... at-the-ready when annual service is
done - just like I've been meaning to do for about 20 years. :-)
John T.