Posted to alt.home.repair

Default [OT]HEART PATIENTS SAFER -- IF OVERWEIGHT...

On Sunday, August 27, 2017 at 8:09:15 AM UTC-5, Shadow wrote:
On Sun, 27 Aug 2017 12:21:07 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

On 27/08/2017 11:56, BurfordTJustice wrote:
HEART PATIENTS SAFER -- IF OVERWEIGHT...

Skinny patients are far more likely to die after common heart treatments
than those who are overweight, a major study suggests.
Research on more than 1 million adults found those who were underweight were
five times as likely as obese patients to die after a routine cardiac
procedure.

Perhaps overweight patients suffer heart disease at a younger age?

Skinny patients are often so through ill-health in the first place.

The findings are not surprising.

The OP only read the title. Rather, only comprehended the
title.
You don't expect him to understand what he posts, do you ?

Fat people --- multiple small coronary blockages over the
years which are compensated by protective secondary collateral
circulation. Why they can have multiple heart attacks and survive each
long enough to do a stent.
Skinny people -- rarely have coronary blockage, and when they
do it's usually hereditary|abrupt and catastrophic.

The BJ interpreted --- "I'm Fat --- I'm safe !!!!" (reaches
for another bad of chips).
[]'s
--

I had a heart attack in 2013 and the cardiologist told me that my heart hadn't been beating correctly for a long time. I was put to sleep and underwent a cardioversion procedure to get my heart back to the right rhythm. Those cardiologists wrote me off and sent me home to die. My NEW cardiologist says my heart is doing fine now. All I needed was some care. I don't have any stents nor have I had bypass surgery. Everything has tried to kill me in this century from pneumonia to sepsis. I beat them all. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Unbeatable Monster