DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT, Dick Gregory 84, RIP (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/595441-ot-dick-gregory-84-rip.html)

Uncle Monster[_2_] August 20th 17 04:14 PM

OT, Dick Gregory 84, RIP

Dick Gregory, the trailblazing comic and civil rights activist whose unique brand of comedy combined cutting wit and contemporary headlines, died Saturday. He was 84. (~_~;)

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...vist-dies.html

https://tinyurl.com/y7p3zepj

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

Dean Hoffman[_12_] August 20th 17 07:44 PM

OT, Dick Gregory 84, RIP Along with Jerry Lewis (91)

On 8/20/17 10:14 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Dick Gregory, the trailblazing comic and civil rights activist whose unique brand of comedy combined cutting wit and contemporary headlines, died Saturday. He was 84. (~_~;)

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...vist-dies.html

https://tinyurl.com/y7p3zepj

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

Article about Lewis he
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jerry-lewis-dead-nutty-professor-bellboy-star-was-91-721408
or http://alturl.com/vbaup

Uncle Monster[_2_] August 20th 17 10:50 PM

On Sunday, August 20, 2017 at 1:44:10 PM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 8/20/17 10:14 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Dick Gregory, the trailblazing comic and civil rights activist whose unique brand of comedy combined cutting wit and contemporary headlines, died Saturday. He was 84. (~_~;)

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...vist-dies.html

https://tinyurl.com/y7p3zepj

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

Article about Lewis he
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jerry-lewis-dead-nutty-professor-bellboy-star-was-91-721408
or http://alturl.com/vbaup

Now that one gets to me because when me and my siblings were kids, we were glued to the TV when Jerry Lewis came on. He made a lot of people laugh and he'll be missed. (~_~;)

[8~{} Uncle Heartbroken Monster

Dean Hoffman[_12_] August 21st 17 02:49 AM

On 8/20/17 4:50 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, August 20, 2017 at 1:44:10 PM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 8/20/17 10:14 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Dick Gregory, the trailblazing comic and civil rights activist whose unique brand of comedy combined cutting wit and contemporary headlines, died Saturday. He was 84. (~_~;)

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...vist-dies.html

https://tinyurl.com/y7p3zepj

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

Article about Lewis he
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jerry-lewis-dead-nutty-professor-bellboy-star-was-91-721408
or http://alturl.com/vbaup

Now that one gets to me because when me and my siblings were kids, we were glued to the TV when Jerry Lewis came on. He made a lot of people laugh and he'll be missed. (~_~;)

[8~{} Uncle Heartbroken Monster

The things I remember most were the Telethons on Labor Day
weekend. Did anyone ever say why he got involved?

Uncle Monster[_2_] August 21st 17 09:16 AM

On Sunday, August 20, 2017 at 8:49:14 PM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
[...]

I heard a discussion on talk radio about Jerry Lewis and the telethons but no one knew exactly why he was so involved with that charity. He did raise over a billion dollars for research into muscular dystrophy. In the 1950's and 1960's his movies were on TV all the time and I never wanted to miss one. I don't think there will ever be anyone who will come close to his comedic genius. He was one of a kind. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster