Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sanders Will Offer 'Medicare for All' Soon

On 8/15/2017 4:23 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 17:22:34 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 8/15/2017 4:49 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 16:10:53 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
wrote:

and so 2020 begins...

Sanders Will Offer 'Medicare for All' Soon

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...-all-plan-soon

That will be fine until people see the 10-15% across the board taxes
necessary to fund it and find out that Medicare only covers 80% of
your hospital bill with the included Part A. You pay an additional
~$134 a month (and up depending on income) for "part B" and need an
additional policy from private insurance to cover the rest of the
doctor bills and the drugs or pay out of pocket. Those plans can be
hundreds of dollar a month per person.
"Medicare" sounds like a panacea until you really understand what
medicare is.

It is, perhaps, a stepping stone to a single payer system. Medicare for
those of over 65 is subsidized by the working people. If suddenly we
are all using it for medical coverage the tax has to go up enormously.

Even with taxpayer subsidy, my medicare premium, drug coverage and a
good supplement is about $375 for each of us. Free medical is rather
expensive for those working. My guess is the typical retiree could pay
double or more and the working person will get hit hard too.

Exactly! If you tell people a couple will be paying $9000 a year plus
higher "first dollar" taxes (medicare currently taxes wages with no
floor and no ceiling), the shine will come off of that single payer
plan.

Except that we pay twice what the rest of the civilized world pays for
medical care, and get worse results.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/24/...ealthcare-act/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danmunr.../#4cd689bf576f

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/u-s-p...re-rest-world/

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 16:10:53 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
wrote:

and so 2020 begins...

[...]

I don't want to have to change my diet...nor do I want to exercise. I just want to sit on my big fat ass and admire my big fat gut and take some free government provided pharmaceuticals.