Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wed 7-19-2017 part 2

I went, I saw, I accomplished nothing.
Mom is looking pretty good, all things considered. She of course
decided she needs more time to decide, that's her way with dealing with
me. I took the papers to the head nurse who is an old friend of moms,
mom trained her, and gave them to her to give to the front desk because
they were gone... if they can get mom to sign OK if not back to the
lawyer's and tell him to get busy.
Mom was wheeling herself down to the hairdresser gal but her
appointment wasn't till 12:30 or 1 PM so she would send mom back and a
while later mom would roll herself back and the same thing again. I was
irritating mom and upsetting her so I called it quits and came back
home. She doesn't even bother putting on a show for me now, she knows
it doesn't work.
Ron Bittle called a while ago and I told him we'd made Rick Cunningham
our lawyer and he was OK with that. He gave me the name of another
lawyer there in Alva (Mark Keller) that does guardianship duty. So
maybe he will become mom's guardian and I can be clear of that. I don't
care one way or the other but mom might deal with it better thinking a
stranger is stealing her money instead of her black sheep wild ass kid
(that's me ). Bittle said sometimes the judge will visit the person at
the nursing home, one visit is all it will take. I'll check with Rick
when I talk to him to see what he thinks about it. Of course Keller
would be paid out of mom's account till it's gone. What happens after
that I'll have to find out. That's if it happens.
I took the cable boxes back to Homestead and they gave me a change of
address card, I suppose I might as well do the change of address for mom
so she can continue to get her mail. The hairdresser explained Jim
Holder is on the board at Alva State Bank .. now it makes sense why mom
would ask him financial things. I tried calling him but got his voice
mail, I left a message to call me but I haven't heard from him yet. He
might not want to get involved, it's worth a shot though. Mom respects
him so maybe he can persuade her to sign a POA. Anyway I had a nice
drive there and back and bought my first ever bottle of water to drink
on the way home. I never understood why people pay good money for water
but I did today, I was thirsty! I used to buy a 6 pack of beer for what
that bottle of water cost.
So I'm back home and got half a nap before Bittle called. The only
thing worse than no nap is 1/2 a nap.
That's about it for now. Next trip is probably Friday or maybe
Monday. If mom signed the papers good deal if not we'll proceed with
what needs to be done. One way or another someone is going to be
responsible for her and look out for her interests. She is safe where
she is and well cared for. I'm not counting on any money coming our way
when this is all said and done, I suspect mom will out live the money.
I find the nursing home interesting, lots of wheel chairs and walkers
and gray haired ladies rolling up and down the hall. A really nice dog
one guy has that lays at the door to his room and watches and waits for
a pat on the head. The staff is a good a bunch, young ones and older
gals and the nurses. It reminds me of how the army works. There seems
to be plenty of staff.
Now for the other 1/2 of my nap.
Later
David

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 5:04:23 PM UTC-5, My 2 Cents wrote:
[...]

Um, this looks like a personal Email. Did you mean to post it to Usenet?
ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Concerned Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/19/2017 3:11 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 5:04:23 PM UTC-5, My 2 Cents wrote:
I went, I saw, I accomplished nothing.

snip

Now for the other 1/2 of my nap.
Later
David

Um, this looks like a personal Email. Did you mean to post it to Usenet?
ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Concerned Monster

um, did you mean to snip absolutely nothing of what looks like a
personal e-mail?

Looks like David was not fully up from his nap when he hit send. It
happens.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/19/2017 6:17 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
On 7/19/2017 3:11 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 5:04:23 PM UTC-5, My 2 Cents wrote:
I went, I saw, I accomplished nothing.

snip

Now for the other 1/2 of my nap.
Later
David

Um, this looks like a personal Email. Did you mean to post it to Usenet?
ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Concerned Monster

um, did you mean to snip absolutely nothing of what looks like a
personal e-mail?

Looks like David was not fully up from his nap when he hit send. It
happens.

I've done it a few times in Thunderbird writing something personal but
doing while reading ngs. Goes to the person and the ng if you don't
carefully check the header.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 3:04:23 PM UTC-7, My 2 Cents wrote:
[...]

I think you came up one cent short.