Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default MinWax Polyshades Stain ?

Hello,

Thinking of using that all-in-one MinWax Stain they call Polyshades.
Apparently has the Stain and a Polyurethane overcoat all mixed together.

Have never used before, and not very up to date with stains.

a. General opinion of product ?

b. If after it dries, and I want a bit darker, can I put
another coat on ?

*Would I have to sand the dried coating first ?

c. I, many, many years ago when I last did some staining, I always
used a soft rag. Is that still a good way of using this product ?
(only staining a small piece of wood)

Thanks,
B.