DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   IF YOU MET THIS GIRL AT A BAR (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/590410-if-you-met-girl-bar.html)

Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_19_] May 20th 17 04:24 PM

IF YOU MET THIS GIRL AT A BAR

And she claimed to be the Virgin Mary....
Would you do her?

Checkmate, DoW #1 May 20th 17 04:57 PM

IF YOU MET THIS GIRL AT A BAR

Checkmate! In article ,
says...

And she claimed to be the Virgin Mary....
Would you do her?

You meant to boldly go where no man has (allegedly) gone before?

--
Another hand-crafted post from...
Checkmate

Please visit me at alt.checkmate, the new
go-to group for the discerning troll...

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_19_] May 20th 17 05:37 PM

IF YOU MET THIS GIRL AT A BAR

On 5/20/2017 8:57 AM, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
Checkmate! In article ,
says...

And she claimed to be the Virgin Mary....
Would you do her?

You meant to boldly go where no man has (allegedly) gone before?

According to the lore, Jesus was Mary's illegitimate ******* child from
a Roman soldier.

David May 20th 17 06:49 PM

IF YOU MET THIS GIRL AT A BAR

odwalla street was made

Doug Laidlaw[_2_] May 21st 17 07:37 PM

IF YOU MET THIS GIRL AT A BAR

On 21/05/17 02:37, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 5/20/2017 8:57 AM, Checkmate, DoW #1 wrote:
Checkmate! In article ,
says...

And she claimed to be the Virgin Mary....
Would you do her?

I don't care who she claimed to be. She is entitled to be left alone.
She is a person, not a thing. Love and sex are very different things.
"Thou shalt not covet..."

The American idea that "every man needs sex" got disproved. A neatly
dressed woman stood on a sidewalk and offered herself to every man who
came past, while a woman in hiding wrote down the answers. Very few
took up her offer. Many thought she was crazy.

You meant to boldly go where no man has (allegedly) gone before?

According to the lore, Jesus was Mary's illegitimate ******* child from
a Roman soldier.

He raped her -- "what every girl wants." They even know the name of the
soldier. That is one of several theories. According to "the Christian
Agnostic" her uncle Zechariah, John's father, could have been her
father. She spent 3 months at their house after the Annunciation.
Nobody knows for sure.

It doesn't matter. What matters is who Jesus was.

Doug.

Doug Laidlaw[_2_] May 21st 17 07:57 PM

IF YOU MET THIS GIRL AT A BAR

On 22/05/17 04:37, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
According to "the Christian Agnostic" her uncle Zechariah, John's
father, could have been her father.

Of course I meant "could have been Jesus' father." This author claims
that it was common for peasant women to sleep with a priest. It was
called "being overshadowed by God." The only authority for the Virgin
Birth is Luke, who was a contemporary of St Paul, and Paul was "a young
man" at the stoning of Stephen. Luke wasn't around at the time, and his
narrative is full of unlikely events, ones that he thought suitable for
the Son of God. There are angels in his other book, Acts, as well.

Doug.

David May 22nd 17 04:07 AM

IF YOU MET THIS GIRL AT A BAR

"Doug Laidlaw" wrote in message ...

On 22/05/17 04:37, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
According to "the Christian Agnostic" her uncle Zechariah, John's
father, could have been her father.

Of course I meant "could have been Jesus' father." This author claims
that it was common for peasant women to sleep with a priest. It was
called "being overshadowed by God." The only authority for the Virgin
Birth is Luke, who was a contemporary of St Paul, and Paul was "a young
man" at the stoning of Stephen. Luke wasn't around at the time, and his
narrative is full of unlikely events, ones that he thought suitable for
the Son of God. There are angels in his other book, Acts, as well.

Doug.

there is a girl in one church I thought of, sitting next to me

Diesel May 22nd 17 05:37 PM

IF YOU MET THIS GIRL AT A BAR

Doug Laidlaw
Sun, 21 May 2017 18:37:23 GMT in
alt.home.repair, wrote:

It doesn't matter. What matters is who Jesus was.

He was a man, a rebel (depending on your POV) that various people have
abused since his death to keep the sheeple in line. "Do this, or you're
hell bound!" "I came to save you" - pure nonsense. If he were alive
today, I doubt he'd aprove of his memory being abused in such a way.

David May 23rd 17 05:40 PM

IF YOU MET THIS GIRL AT A BAR

meant to be boldly