Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any CBS All Access customers here ?

Had enough of Directv's bs (broken promises and a billing dispute)
and dumped them ... and since most of what we watch is from CBS , I
signed up for their All Access streaming service . Everything is working
fine but one problem . I'm having problems streaming live content with
the computers , but no problems using the Roku .

I've tried with Win7/64 using IE11 and Opera and with XP Pro/64 using
Opera , IE8 , and Firefox 52.1.whatever . All the same thing , screen
goes gray . Both comps have AVG free A/V and windows firewall . Chances
are we'll get another Roku for the bedroom TV , she ain't much on
messing with a computer to watch TV . But I'd still like to get this
working , if for no other reason than I might want to watch something
out in the shop .

--

Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/16/2017 9:39 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

Yeah , yeah , yeah , during "normal business hours" . I'm a bit
impatient sometimes , thought someone here might have had the same issue .

--

Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On 05/16/2017 10:13 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Had enough of Directv's bs (broken promises and a billing dispute)
and dumped them ... and since most of what we watch is from CBS , I
signed up for their All Access streaming service . Everything is
working fine but one problem . I'm having problems streaming live
content with the computers , but no problems using the Roku .

I've tried with Win7/64 using IE11 and Opera and with XP Pro/64
using Opera , IE8 , and Firefox 52.1.whatever . All the same thing ,
screen goes gray . Both comps have AVG free A/V and windows firewall .
Chances are we'll get another Roku for the bedroom TV , she ain't much
on messing with a computer to watch TV . But I'd still like to get
this working , if for no other reason than I might want to watch
something out in the shop .

--

Snag

Same here. CBS All Access works great with Amazon Fire TV box but on
Windows7 computer (Intel I5 & 8 Gig ram) the video stops/stutters.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 9:10:43 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
Had enough of Directv's bs (broken promises and a billing dispute)
and dumped them ... and since most of what we watch is from CBS , I
signed up for their All Access streaming service . Everything is working
fine but one problem . I'm having problems streaming live content with
the computers , but no problems using the Roku .

I've tried with Win7/64 using IE11 and Opera and with XP Pro/64 using
Opera , IE8 , and Firefox 52.1.whatever . All the same thing , screen
goes gray . Both comps have AVG free A/V and windows firewall . Chances
are we'll get another Roku for the bedroom TV , she ain't much on
messing with a computer to watch TV . But I'd still like to get this
working , if for no other reason than I might want to watch something
out in the shop .
--
Snag

It could be a memory management problem with your browser. You might try playing around with your browser's cache so it will buffer more of the video stream. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[8~{} Uncle Streaming Monster